Forsaken preference

We’re lodging complaints because we feel our issues aren’t just minor issues, but foundation shattering problems and could jeopardize the entire storyline, if not addressed or changed to make sense.

This is the place to do it, champ.

This 100%, we eventually reach a point where arguing who has it worse just causes us to chase our own tails.

5 Likes

Wasn’t there just a thread not too long ago that was titled “Forsaken have lost more than the Night Elves”? I agree with your points mostly but again it still feels like to me that Forsaken players on these forums are given preferential treatment even though they do exactly the same thing certain Night Elf posters are being accused of.

3 Likes

That thread, at least to my assumption, was made in response to the several threads in which Forsaken grievances were undermined or written off because any time someone voiced their displeasure about the Forsaken story one of those above mentioned vocal users wrote them off or tried to tell them that they didn’t lose as much as the night elves did.

Case and point: That thread was preceded by another that basically amounts to “No, everything in that thread is wrong. Night elves lost more and Forsaken didn’t really lose that much at all!”

5 Likes

To be fair, those Forsaken grievances were undermined or written off because they were being posted primarily in threads for grievances of Night Elf fans, which gave off an impression of undermining or writing off those grievances.

In other words, as Reallyhappy describes up above.

3 Likes

Which in turn was likely from seeing certain users say things like “No other race in WoW has been as mistreated as the night elves” or “the night elves have never received anything good in the entire span of the game’s history.”

Sometimes it really does just take one or two vocal users to stir everyone up into an angry hula hoop of despair.

9 Likes

I think they have a leg to stand on. More so than some of the other popular playable races. Orcs and Humans get alot of lore and screen time and so forth. No one is crying for them. Night Elves, Draenei, and Blood Elves have had a lot of pain and a lot of good moments.

But the Forsaken? They have had alot of the pain and little to cheer about. Varimathras, Putress, Sylvanas, Nathanos. The Undercity changed hands a couple times and was destroyed. Their whole theme is wrapped up in Sylvanas to the point where the NPCs mention her in the same way other races talk about the Light or a deity. And she bailed.

Southshore and Andorhal are pretty awesome moments, but they lose power in the scope of events and characters that we often discuss. The Forsaken do not even have that shared “True People of Lordaeron” theme anymore. They could have come from anywhere, these days. It is a facet of their culture but not a unifying one.

But imo, the worst part - the intro to BfA.

At least the Night Elves had The War of Thorns. It was a campaign across Kalimdor, and the Kaldorei made the Horde pay for every inch. But the Forsaken? We are not even exactly clear on what happened. The Alliance advance towards Undercity was all but ignored.

If Blizzard had some focus on the Forsaken evacuation or slash and burn delaying tactics as the Alliance approached Undercity, it could have helped build some empathy for them. But that was ignored. We just arrive at the battle.

Basically the Night Elves got a little soft rubbing with their spanking. A detailed campaign of loss and self defense before they lose their main city. A cinematic involving the War Front. Cosmetic stuff. New lore involving the Night Warrior. They got something.

The Forsaken just got spanked with a chain mail glove and ignored. So I can see their complaints as legit and needing some answers from Blizz before others.

3 Likes

I personally just skip threads i know will be a @#(#(@&#(&@*

Well, rather than talk theory, lets just look at the data.

This thread has gone on for 128 posts, and the majority of those posts have been addressing the concerns of Night Elf players. Does that seem like Forsaken concerns and frustrations are given the most preferential attention and respect?

3 Likes

To be fair though when we look at the content of these 128 posts, it’s made up of about only 3 night elf avatar posters arguing with each other, a few other posters making fun of them, sprinkled in with a few sincere posts in between.

3 Likes

This is true. But only makes it a little better since it still means that the Forsaken, who I would argue received even worse treatment than the Night Elves from the perspective of story and development, can only hold a thread for 60 posts.

If you work on that a bit more, perhaps you can have your own “12 days of Winterveil” lyrics.

1 Like

“… Two well stealthed ducks, and a burnt NElf in a charred tree.”

1 Like

Including this one? Because from my perspective, it seems the balance has shifted to being majority-Alliance here.

3 Likes

Probably Gnomes.