Forsaken population

Exploring EK literally confirmed Tirisfal and northern Silverpine are Horde territory again

Alliance got south Silverpine, Hillsbrad, and if the writers have a modicum of self awareness of the lore they’ve written, should have all the Plaguelands, and thus there’s no longer an excuse not to have Gilneas

But Tirisfal is Horde and will always be Horde, for the simple necessity of game mechanics due to the Forsaken starting zone.

Including Tarren Mill, out of interest?

Verbatim:

“Those who currently inhabit Lordaeron lived their in life. The Forsaken are the true heirs” - Calia Menethil.

Edit:

BtS pg. 196

8 Likes

yup, exploring EK confirms all of Tirisfal is Horde, and Silverpine up to the border forest between Sepulcher and Shadowfang Keep + Fenris Isle (which alliance took) are Horde

And all of Hillsbrad are Alliance

Man. Forsaken got oofed harder than I’d realised. Ouch.

1 Like

Said in the same breath as her giving up her claim. I would also point out there was not much she could say or do because short of her starting another war for her claim, the Forsaken were the defacto rulers of Undercity.

At this point Calia ultimate goal may not even be to lead just the Forsaken, but the Lordearon people as a whole:

“This is a complicated issue. Calia is very sympathetic towards the situation and condition of the Forsaken, but she will not join the Horde because of this. Additionally, the number of Forsaken who may welcome their presence is not fixed.”[44] Later on during the World of Warcraft: Shadowlands introductory quest line, Calia is seen in Icecrown standing among the Horde leaders, appearing friendly to Horde and Alliance players, and Tyrande Whisperwind is openly hostile towards her. Steve Danuser also notes that Calia is not the Forsaken leader, and was mostly there for “personal” rather than political reasons

That is not true. In fact, the book is a mismash of old and new reports. It is why it talks about Moira wishing Harm to the Alliance(in the present tense). Basically, it is old reports combined with updates.

The updates themselves specifically mention Southshore was reclaimed(but silent on the state of Tarren Mill or the Sepulcher) and that Capital City is still abandon but you can go go into for a quick recon if you want because the plague is dissipating abit.

This is 100% your personal headcanon

7 Likes

When he was killed here, Queen Moira was devasted and furious. She does not wish the Alliance well, and the Dark Iron remains our enemies**(page 46, the two markers refer to Spymaster Update #2 on the next page)

**Spymaster Update #2 Dark Iron Dwarves are now official Members of the Alliance with contentions and disagreement subsiding, we may have found ourselves with new stalwart allies.

So again, old and new information combined. With the most current info just being the spymaster’s update.

And the book is clear what is the latest information, correcting what is old

the book does not correct “The Forsaken control Tirisfal and northern silverpine”

cope

*spymaster update #1 Currently undercity is rendered uninhabitable, not just for the living but the dead, too.

No one controls Undercity because there is no point. You cope.

I don’t think you’re listening to yourself at this point.

Me: She claims that the Forsaken are the true heirs of Lordaeron
You: She gives up her claim
Me: ummmmm right lol.

I think she wants to make sure the Forsaken are all safe, and she’s completely against the Alliance invading Lordaeron per BtS

11 Likes

I literally said Tirisfal??? and yes it’s plagued, we are all aware, ergo my Primus Forsaken theories/wishes, but where is the entrance to Undercity hmm??!?!?!

forreal like what’s not clicking

She insists the Forsaken = True Heirs of Lordaeron.

She also insists she currently has no desire to ever claim the throne of Lordaeron.

8 Likes

I like to give Zerde the benefit of the doubt. He’s a great guy to talk to and doesn’t mind admitting when he’s wrong.

Sometimes I’ll post while tired or in the middle of something; I can really tell.

Does Kalia deny that humans are the True Heirs of Lordaeron?

one day we will learn how to clear the plague from this area and will again see green grass and waving trees. Or so I would like to tell myself. -Shaw

This is in discussion about Tirisfal. If Shaw truly thinks it is Forsaken land why would he think about trying to change it back to what it was? The ownership of Tirisfal proper is still being contested. (although both sides probably do not have forces there/ready to actually fight over it, so it is abit of a moot point)

The entire discussion about it was centered around humans(even Anduin) who might think her claim was valid and would go to war with her. Giving up her claim and saying the Forsaken are rightful heirs is an attempt to avoid violence. However, as I recall she still thinks both undead and living are her people and I assume in the perfect scenario she would want both being able to live back in their land.

3 Likes

Uh, yes she did.
Liar.

A mistake. But at this point, It will ultimately not depend on her. It now depends on whether the factions are willing to fight over the remains of Capital City(or willing to negotiate to allow whoever from Lordearon left is alive/undead to share it) and if so who will win. Ultimately whoever wins ends up being the “rightful” ruler anyway.

Interestingly, the current leader of the Alliance, Turaylon was Lordearon nobility.

She straight up says “The Forsaken are the true heirs. It belongs to them now”

She doesn’t deny that the refugees are the true heirs, but she also doesn’t deny that Big Bird is a true heir.

I think its one of many reason.

She also says:

“I have no desire to run them out of the place that’s been their home for so long. I want them to stay there.”

“Those who currently inhabit Lordaeron lived there in life”

She considers them true heirs because otherwise people will fight for it and end up killing her people as well. A interesting question as well is if the last Menthil drops their claim to the throne, wouldn’t said claim just go to the next highest nobility? And again as mentioned earlier, Turaylon is Lordearon nobility.

1 Like