Forsaken population

I still don’t understand how the human intro somehow invalidates there being Lordaeron survivors in Stormwind? Is it because it calls you a “Defender of Stormwind” ??

Lordaeron survivors within Stormwind would still be citizens or defenders of Stormwind. That’s where they currently live.

As for the Stormwind survivors of the First War, another thing to keep in mind is not only was most of the population culled in the First War, paired with many of those not returning home Post Second War, but you also have to take into account the Stormwind Refugees/Surviving Soldiers who perished during the Second War. The Pre First War people of Stormwind are probably a very small portion of the modern day population.

3 Likes

Why would they survive as a “race” if their identity is built from a state (dead) and political unification (?)?

Survive as a nation, culture, but not as a race. As a “race” they depend solely on the world’s knowledge of necromancy and a willingness to create sentient undead.

if they don’t raise new undead they are doomed to die out. If the Horde cares about them they will help them achieve that. If they don’t the Horde is not worth the paper it is written on and should be disbanded.

No? They are doomed to die anyway, whether they raise the undead or not. “Dementia of the undead” or something like that, the disappearance of the mind.

That’s a strawman.
You asked why humies had Lordaeron’s insignia. Human error. WoW was being made alongside of Warcraft 3. They weren’t even done writing WC3’s story when they were making WoW. This has interesting heck ups, like Alliance with the Lordaeron symbol, and forsaken with the Scourge.

A dev somewhat recently talked about how Metzen tried to explain that the Forsaken weren’t Scourge but “we just called them Scourge and still do to this day. Sorry, Metzen!”

Forsaken players don’t see a scourge symbol when they click on an npc or in their battlegrouns though, they just see the classic horde toilet seat.

Also wonder how your explanation works with the fact that it’s still used as an Alliance symbol in HotS, Hearthstone and even in BfA cinematic.

1 Like

???
“IT ISN’T THE PVP FLAG, SO IT DOESN’T COUNT”
is a stupid argument. I provided proof that the devs screwed up. To this day you can find Forsaken wearing the Scourge tabard. The devs screwed up on the forsaken’s banner and tabard. They screwed up on the Alliance’s pvp insignia.

It’s been used for so long in WoW that I guess they just kept using it elsewhere.

1 Like

So it’s an Alliance symbol and it will forever stay one. Glad that we finally agreed.

2 Likes

As much as the Scourge insignia is the Forsaken’s.
:roll_eyes:

Edit: Also, I didn’t argue your other points because I don’t play Hots or Hearthstone. You might be fibbing and I wouldn’t have a clue.

Will forsaken with scourge symbols make it to a CGI cinematic like humans with Lordaeron symbol?

Skip to 1:09.

2 Likes

They do have the Lordaeron symbol on those ballistae, but they have the lion literally everywhere else.
Including their shields, and banners.

Still more Lordaeron symbols than the forsaken have mustered though.
:kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Categorically untrue.
Go check out new Undercity’s walls.
Compare and contrast to vanilla undercity.
The Forsaken were given more than the Alliance was.
:smirk:

1 Like

https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/content_entry_media/t6/T66JPLHPH1641626978800044.png

They are squatting in the ruins they destroyed. Just like in updated Arathi Basin where the “horde” buildings have Stromgarde symbols on them, even though there’s no connection.

Now go on, post a horde ballista with Lordaeron symbol on it. I’ll be waiting.
:innocent:

2 Likes

Those ruins were updated with fresh models that bear more Lordaeron symbols than the strictly and only two you provided.

And you made this an argument about numbers. I’ll hearkon back to:

Still waiting for that ballista.

Don’t need one. Beat your argument already.

Are ya’ll still talking about the player PC?

If you’re trying to invalidate the Forsaken as the former living Lordaeronians I would suggest you taking another path.

Those who currently inhabit Lordaeron lived there in life. The Forsaken are the true heirs. - Calia

3 Likes

Sure you did. Somehow the Lordaeron symbol is still above every npc though. Not looking good for you.

1 Like