Forsaken population

I don’t even get what the intro talking point is supposed to prove anyway? That somehow it discredits there being Humans in Stormwind from Lordaeron? Nowhere in the Vanilla or Cata cinematic does the narrator even say that.

4 Likes

The Forsaken intro doesn’t say that the Forsaken are from Lordaeron either yet that’s just taken as an article of faith

3 Likes

Hardly an symbolic tradition establishing innings in any event.

And yet even now Blizzard added the Lordearon symbol to an Alliance expansion in Hearthstone. Proof that even now they consider it an Alliance symbol more then it would ever be a Horde one.

2 Likes

Reading comprehension isn’t your strongsuit, so this is mostly for the other kids in the classroom:
I’ve made no statement on the status of human lore currently, short of Stormwind’s citizens not being owed Lordaeron as that is strictly the purview of the Forsaken.

Turalyon isn’t a human player character. Dumb argument.
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

It just has them dug up from a grave in Tirisfal.

5 Likes

And yet he is a “defender of Stormwind”. He can be consider one of “people of Stormwind”. He is now part of the “armies of Stormwind” and now a citizen of Stormwind. As it is the people of Lordearon are effectively treated as such. A player character could reasonable say they are exactly like Turaylon, a refugee making a new home in their sister city.

3 Likes

Zerde, it doesn’t matter.
Your previously failed argument was that “human players deserve lordaeron and are from lordaeron.”
That’s not true. They’re strictly and only from Stormwind.
Turalyon doesn’t change that.

2 Likes

I said there are human survivors of Lordearon and a good chunk of them happen to be in Stormwind. I didn’t particular tie them to the player characters because in the grand scheme of things, we don’t exist in the story(although if someone wants to roleplay/believe their character is a survivor of Lordearon that is ok too and there is fact lore that allows it). But lorewise they do exist and they deserve Lordearon as much as any forsaken who claims it.

3 Likes

No player character is ever explicitly referenced as being from anywhere, so one can only conclude that our characters are ethereal figments composed of pure antimatter, inhabiting a realm of unreality.

Sorry fellas that’s what Blizzard says. QED

3 Likes

I’ve posted two videos that do and you’re still going to flagrantly lie about it?

1 Like

You know people have two parents right? A person in theory could have a parent from both Lordearon and Stormwind and would effective fufill everything in the intro while still being effectively Lordearonian as well.

Heck, we have Sky admiral Rogers. A Lordearon native and yet for all intent and purposes is serving the Stormwind army.

2 Likes

It’s chronologically impossible for any player character to be from anywhere but Lordaeron, Stromgarde, or Dalaran actually since they start out as adults, and if they were Stormwind-born natives they would be children.

All of my playable humans are from Lordaeron and Dreadmoore can’t do anything about it lol

2 Likes

It’s been eleven years in character since Lordaeron fell.*
Lordaeron’s people survived two genocides.
They are not a numerous people.
Their children are still children.
*Citation: https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Timeline#Rise_of_the_Lich_King

Also, you know, both human videos say the player character is of Stormwind.

We know as per Chronicles that most of the survivors of the First War didn’t return from Lordaeron following the end of the Second War

We also know that even those who DID return spent a minimum of roughly 4-5 years in Lordaeron.

Stormwind wasn’t fully reclaimed until about year 8. WoW starts in year 25. So the maximum age that a human player could be in WoW and be a Stormwind-born native is 17 or so.

Assuming that every playable character is at least 18 years of age or equivalent, it’s literally impossible for any playable human to be native to Stormwind. 100% of playable humans are from somewhere else, and for the most part their only viable place of origin is Lordaeron.

3 Likes

Just quoting this so someone else can pick up on it. I don’t care about human lore, so I wouldn’t be able to point out the lie if there was one.

The quote is not correct, during the first war the Old Horde conquer Stormwind and its areas like redridge for example (year 3). And a ton of humans from the kingdom of Stormwind seek refugee in the kingdom of Lordaeron.
Then during the second war, the Horde is beaten back and Stormwind is reclaimed for the refugees with the help of the Alliance and Kingdom of Lordaeron.(year 7)
So the Horde held Stormwind for about 4 years while the Stormwind refugees got home and board from Lordaeron, so the Stormwind humans have a close connection and debt to Lordaeron, but to say that there are no native adult humans are just plain wrong.

Should add that we are currently in the year 33 and vanilla wow was at the year 25.
So Stormwind humans aged 18-22 at the start of wow would have been born in Lordaeron, but anyone older would have experienced the fall of Stormwind and living for awhile in Lordaeron.

1 Like

Warcraft Chronicles says that most of the humans who survived the First War (and there weren’t that many) stayed in Lordaeron and did not in fact return to Stormwind.

I’m sure that there are a few (I was exaggerating for effect when I said 100%) but they would have to have been in the very small portion of Stormwind humans who both survived the First War (already a small amount), survived the Second War (a small amount of a small amount) and then chose to return to Stormwind after the Second War (a small amount of a small amount of a small amount.)

Native Stormwind humans from before the First War are effectively non-existent at this point, and of those that remain a good chunk of them would be just as Lordaeronian as they are Stormwindian.

So chronologically, the playable human character is almost certainly not from Stormwind (in the sense of being native born) because Stormwind did not exist either politically, geographically, or demographically for a good chunk of the RTS games history, and the timeline is such that anyone born in Stormwind after it was restored would be a teenager at most.

Dreadmoore’s assertions that every playable human character is a Stormwind native are absurd with no basis in fact, and indeed are extraordinarily implausible by nature of the timeline.

All my humans were rolled in Vanilla-era so doesn’t matter. If we’re going to account for the progress of time then that can easily be flipped on the Forsaken, since NPC’s state that they’re shipping bodies in from abroad as of Cataclysm so there’s no guarantee at all that the Forsaken PC is from Lordaeron either.

A few shipps are many? No more people survived the first war. Only a couple of hundreth refugees survived and arrived in lordaeron.

1 Like

Few ships? It’s literally said to have been thousands of ships arriving at Southshore. In the novel Tides of Darkness.

It’s not implausible if we consider that there were thousands of ships worth of refugees in the first place. Even if a lot decided to stay in Lordaeron, the majority of humans in the Kingdom of Stormwind should be Stormwind born due to it only being a 4-year gap where they didn’t control Stormwind.

Still it’s blizzard we’re talking about, they’ve always been inconsistent in population numbers and mainly go by the rule of cool, as we can see most recently in the war of thorns and the night elf refugee problem. Where it’s described both as too few survived, as well as there being enough refugees to fill the Cathedral, inns and streets of Stormwind to the point they have a mass of people reaching even out to Goldshire.

5 Likes

the logistics alone are mind boggling.
wow-ee.