Forsaken Leadership Idea

First and foremost, no Calia.

How about the Forsaken forms another council in defiance of what Sylvanas did to the previous Desolate one?

This time it’s just the Forsaken Council, the head of the council can have a title like Chancellor (i’ll just use this as a placeholder) or something other and this character is elected to that position and is the representative of the Forsaken. This position can change, rotate even by election of other council members or even the people, this way it keeps leadership fresh and interesting without the position changing only with a death. Maybe at the beginning of Shadowlands someone like Faranell can be Chancellor, then at the beginning of the next expansion it could be Voss etc…

Sure the Horde now have a new council but i don’t think the Forsaken having another of their own would be confusing and complicated for people to follow.

The council can be comprised of many characters over the years that have received little development that could give them a much needed boost. Council members could be people like:

Master Apothecary Faranell
Alexi Barov
Lillian Voss
Commander Belmont
The Black Bride
Gunther Arcanus
Grand Executor Mortuus
Koltira Deathweaver even? If his brain isn’t mush.

What do you guys think? An acceptable compromise or just utter trash?

5 Likes

Although I don’t think Blizzard writes councils very well, we’ll see how they do in Shadowlands, with the exception of Lilian Voss, I’m all for it. .

I know they made Lilian an important character in BfA again, but every character you listed here is higher ranking and more of a Forsaken loyalist than Lilian. I’m still not 100% on why Lilian even came back to the Horde in BfA.

I would also like to see the Cult of Forgotten Shadow expounded upon and perhaps something like a theocratic dictatorship take control of the Forsaken. Perhaps Sylvanas becomes a goddess in Shadowlands which allows the Forsaken to worship her thereby making the “Victory for Sylvanas” and “Dark Lady Watch Over You” remain logically consistent.

5 Likes

I completely agree with you on Lillian, i added her because Blizz seems to have put the spotlight on her over others for some reason. Her almost immediate 180 on her opinion of the Horde and Forsaken in BFA felt like it came out of nowhere. Old Lillian would never be a lackey to Nathanos.

Your theocracy with the Cult of Forgotten Shadow in charge would be quite interesting. I’ll be totally for it with the Alliance having the Church of Light trying to arrest power from Anduin with Priests and Paladins becoming all zealous and “convert or die” like maniacs. Would be cool to see those two factions clashing.

2 Likes

I like to see Helcular play a role in the council.

7 Likes

I’m down with Lillian Voss. She’s respectable enough to be against Sylvanas and she understands the Forsaken struggle. Lillian is respected by both the Alliance and Horde players as well, but she fights for the Horde, because the Horde actually is something. Something great to fight for even. :wink:

The idea of a Forsaken Council made up of recognizable characters, as opposed to ones created for a novel, is a fairly commonly shared one. Many of the characters you’ve listed - like Faranell, Voss, Belmont, and Mortuus - have all been suggested even.

Some of them might be iffy due to unconfirmed social standings amidst the Forsaken commonfolk, but the one I can say absolutely wouldn’t work would be Koltira - whose brain is NOT mush given what we see of him in Legion. Koltira’s work with the Forsaken landed him years of imprisonment and torture in a cell, which was reciprocated by a violent extraction from the Undercity from Thassarian and the Deathlord. Mutually, I can imagine Koltira and the Forsaken want nothing to do with each other, and frankly, I can’t see much that Koltira could bring to the table - being undead and being Forsaken are not the same thing.

Rather than piling every recognizable NPC from Forsaken storylines into the council, I believe it would be better to condense it from the major parts of Forsaken society:

Lilian Voss - the voice of the common Forsaken
Master Apothecary Faranell - Royal Apothecary Society
Deathstalker Commander Belmont - Deathstalkers
Dark Ranger Velonara - Dark Rangers
Grand Executor Mortuus/The Black Bride - Deathguard

That gives you a nice clean council of five, all of which represent the Forsaken’s interests in bulk. But at the end of the day, I’m a Male Human Paladin making this post, so I’m not exactly the target demographic.

Idk, I am a bit tired of everything being solved by turning things into a council.

Council of the Three Hammers was the answer to the Dwarven Succession crisis. The Desolate Council ran things while Sylvanas was galavanting about. The Horde abolished the Warchief position and established a council.

Council, council, council, council.

I would rather have Calia lead them as their new queen and double down on the Lordaeron vestiges than just council-stamp everything. I feel like these rampant councils diminish every member.

3 Likes

I’d wait see if the Horde council works before making more councils.

6 Likes

I think the real question is now, “what are the forsaken?” The whole gimmick of “we hate the living, frig everyone that isn’t us” pretty much died with Sylvanas buggering off. Some of these key figures that I’d love to be on the theoretical undead council fit the previous forsaken look, but the “new” one not so much. Helcular, for one. He wants death and destruction, screw everyone, etc.

Also the fact that being the “evil” guys - making plague, human experimentation, all 'round unethical excellence - is also kind of not what the forsaken are now. I think that a council could work, but the best person to lead these lost loves is Vivian, 100%.

2 Likes

Blizzard isn’t going to make a separate forsaken council to go with the horde’s council. It’ll be about as effective and story driven as the dwarf council.

3 Likes

The dwarf council got plenty of airtime, and it was a neat fix for the situation that works splendidly. No one’s under the impression that if a forsaken council happens it will be some lore bombshell that will dominate a storyline: if it’s anything like the dwarf council, then it will be a resounding success.

Also, the forsaken council is for the forsaken, whereas the horde council is for everyone in the horde: it’s fine to have both; the F council would have a representative to the H council where s/he spoke on behalf of the council and thus for forsaken as a whole. Sounds pretty neat and compact to me!

Wrong. Return of the Queen.

You mean Moira, and an appearance from Falstad that could’ve been filled in by anyone.

The horde story is that bad that you’re jealous of alliance scraps?

6 Likes

Doesn’t it fail? I remember a post talking about the new book, and how it mentions the horde council fails.

It’s just drama between them and Talanji that will be resolved in the end.

I like the idea of the forsaken council to explore the multifacetic personalities that undead causes but I fear you need to a cut a few names that you mentioned

1. Alexi Barov MIA since the WoD quest from the Inn and likely more interested to fight with his brother than leading the forsakens

2. Belmont: I love this guy but he seems to be more into the Sylvanas loyalist part and I even think he’s probably going to be a boss in the SL

3. Faranell: Same deal with Belmont but this guy since the novel of Arthas has been show to be loyal to only Sylvanas.

I think the council can add another forsaken like High Executor Anselm since he was the most interesting one from Nothrend in my opinion

1 Like

I don’t know if what I said implied that, but no. The dwarves got a reasonable set of leaders that fit nicely into the story - it didn’t get much airtime (because it didn’t need to, frankly), granted, but it still wasn’t a disaster. You are making it out to be. I am saying that, if the forsaken did the same, it would be a win.

I don’t think the horde story is bad at all; if anything it’s the other way around. The point I’m making is that it doesn’t need to be groundbreaking, but something needs to be done (obviously).

Save your gotchas for general.

Id like a forsaken that actually cares about and likes the horde.

1 Like

I would like a new cool warlock character as a forsaken leader. Something like a old great human mage that is now a forsaken warlock.

I would also accept a shadow priest instead.

I just want some horde leader having their own theme that would give class that haven’t much representation something.

The alliance questing in pandaria had a horde warlock base with a horde warlock boss and it was awesome.

1 Like