Forsaken Leadership Idea

So instead of a ruler it would be Council of the Forsaken? I thought Darion Mograine would be a awesome choice for the leadership of Lordaeron.

Honestly I am in favor of a council as well, just because at this point I am certain when Blizzard needs the Horde to be culpable for another incident because they can’t write a nuanced plot they could just pick one of the council members to go evil and lead the … I don’t know… Scourge Horde or Green Horde, or whatever other name they want to call Evil Horde Version #17, and then just leave the rest of the council alone to be useless going along with things while saying “oh no. This seems so bad. if only there was something we could do as co-equal members of leadership!”

Then when this is all over at least the council as a whole is largely in tact and Blizzard can more reasonably say “Oh the majority sided with the good part of the council, they just didn’t do anything about it”

… I’m joking, mostly. I think a Council would help the Forsaken better display all the unique flavor and wide set of viewpoints we were told they had.

Blizzard: Winces “About that…”

1 Like

I want a phased forsaken stronghold in Alterac, where Helcular leads as Viceroy.

1 Like

I think having a Forsaken Council WITHIN the Horde Council would be dumb.

And I like our new Horde Council more. So it gets to stay.

Quick ****ing around and just pick a leader you dumb zombies.

I like your suggestion, OP. Like many others, I have reservations about Lillian - what, exactly, about being an angsty teen qualifies you for high leadership? - but Blizzard seems set on pushing her. And the Alliance got an angsty teen for their High King, so I guess fair is fair.

I particularly like that you included the Black Bride. I’d also like to add Helcular. But not Koltira.

3 Likes

Blizzard has already stated that Calia won’t be leading the Forsaken.

Viceroy ay? I like that for a title.

Anyone else wish they would have replaced Lillian voss with Gunther arcanus? He’s actually part of the horde, they’ve done nothing with his story and he’s a pretty powerful lich who broke away from arthas all on his own. Dude deserves more of a spotlight

2 Likes

Logically speaking, it probably would not even be a council so much as a representative speaking for the factions of the Forsaken that are still active and still running smoothly in Sylvanas’s absence, assuming no one firmly asserts themselves as the leader of the Forsaken going forward. I really doubt that we will see a council within a council and I’m positive doing that will just be a kick to the Forsaken narrative and identity while they’re already down. Be it a firm leader or just a representative, we need at least one, no more than three, and it has to be consistent. After dealing with ten years worth of playing musical Warchiefs, the Forsaken’s leadership should not have a similar turnover rate.

Personally? My vote is for Velonara. I have consistently seen in her what I saw in pre-Cataclysm Sylvanas; she has a great rapport with the adventurer; and she chose the Forsaken, Sin’dorei, and Horde over the Banshee Queen. If anyone should be the new Dark Lady, it should be her. I also would not be opposed to Helcular taking the reins, since it would be great to see a necromancer that inspiring with a fun history to match leading the undead. Faranell would not be terrible, either. Voss representing the Forsaken now just feels bizarre, but thanks to Calia’s existence, there are worse options, and at least Voss cares about the undead now.

As I see it, one-off characters (Gunther, Mortuus, The Black Bride) would need a lot of development before they could speak on behalf of the whole faction. I get that your pitch is for these characters to get more development, but development should precede active leadership rather than succeed it. I’m fond of Belmont and I would love for him to have a greater presence in the story as well as become the official head of the Deathstalkers, but I wouldn’t rank him higher than that. Alexi Barov is a fine side character, but I really feel as though I’m missing something when people suggest him for a council seat. As for Koltira, the Ebon Blade and the Forsaken are on rough terms for a reason, and we should leave it at that.