Forsaken Hallow's End

Again, this can be said about pretty much any minor character in the game and certainly the majority of NPC’s. If his national background isn’t clear then all we have to go on is motivation and affiliation, and his affiliation was with the Gilneas Liberation Front, making his actions be done in the name of Gilneas anyway even if he personally didn’t identify as such.

4 Likes

Allying with another nation doesnt make him gilnean….Why is this hard for you? He also helped the Kaldorei in the Fourth War, so by your logic, that makes him a kaldorei also.

Just stop insisting on something that isn’t there. I admit we don’t know, but for some odd reason you keep insisting Ivar must be gilnean because he allied with them

Your original assertion was:

You’ve failed to provide evidence that he’s Kaldorei. You have also failed to prove that he isn’t Gilnean, instead having settled for proving that his national background is technically unknown.

His personal national background being unknown doesn’t interfere with the statement you were disputing, which was:

because you don’t need to have a specific national background to be fighting in the name of any given nation. That’s what an Alliance is.

5 Likes

The Bloodfang Pack took Fenris and Shadowfang Keep….y’all so damn dense. Those two places does not mean the entirety of Silverpine is gilnean

This would be a more accurate statement yes, although controlling both of the major hardpoints and fortifications in Silverpine (as well as Lordamere Lake, which Capital City is actually located on the shore of) could easily be argued as de-facto control of the zone, especially when paired with Alliance control of Hillsbrad, Gilneas, and Arathi.

3 Likes

In fact it’s one of the reasons that Alliance reclamation of Lordaeron is not only feasible, but an on-the-ground fact as far as we know at this point. All the Forsaken have is Tirisfal which has been mostly destroyed.

The Forsaken can’t garrison Tirisfal/Undercity even if it’s theirs on paper. The Alliance can exert military control over the region far better than the Forsaken can at this point, and that includes Tirisfal thanks to Alliance dominance of Lordamere Lake and Baradin Bay.

The Forsaken are essentially wards of the Alliance at this point.

3 Likes

Gilneas is canonically abandoned. No one owns it atm. And I know you have a obsession with Lordaeron….but again, Fenris Isle and Shadowfang are not alliance territories. They belong to a single worgen pack, who have a very tenuous relationship with the alliance.Hate to burst your bubble

The Alliance was moving armies out of Gilneas to attack the Horde in Silverpine and Hillsbrad in BfA, and the stated reason for the Horde’s decision to attack Arathi was to use it as a staging ground to attack Gilneas.

But yes, I am very aware of Schroedingers Gilneas. However, even if nobody is living there right now, that doesn’t change the fact that the Alliance controls it and can garrison forces there, because that’s exactly what they did in BfA.

4 Likes

Sadly Ainhin is right, Ivar is not Kal’dorei he’s Gilnean. He was actually part of the Gilnean Liberation Front, and he did attack the Forsaken on behalf of Gilneas. This is why Forsaken claim the Gilneans attacked first, because they did.

1 Like

I wish they just amended the lore to formally declare that resettlement of Gilneas is ongoing and move the refugees out of Stormwind and put then in Gilneas City. It’s ridiculous that we’re 10+ years since Cataclysm and they haven’t formally made the city functional again. Add a flight path a few vendors/trainers and call it a day. If they really wanted to impress us Blizzard can update the zone to reflect the present story like they did with Arathi Highlands.

6 Likes

At first he had a tenuous alliance with Darius, he didn’t even like him in the beginning. But when Ivar heard the forsakens policy of killing all worgen, only than did he and his pack go all in. Trust me on this :wolf:

And we don’t actually know, because again, he’s an orignal member of the Wolfcult, who were all Kaldorei worgen. Not that it matters in the end, he’s still my favorite minor character, regardless of what nationality he may or may not be :heart:

2 Likes

That would be a great start actually. It gives us worgen players a little bone and a place to hang out and rp. I’m soo tired of Stormwind

3 Likes

I trust that you know more about Gilnean lore because that’s your special interest. I will take your word on it.

The Forsaken may have instigated the worgen by stealing the Scythe of Elune. I think Sylvanas actually did do that, that seems like something she would do.

I wish I could post gifs because I would get good milage out of a gif of Genn screaming “Sylvaaasnaaas!” Because it makes me chuckle everytime.

1 Like

I’ve played the Worgen starting zone and Forsaken Hillsbrad FAR too many times over 10+ yrs. :heart: :wolf:

1 Like

I’d love to see an old world revamp, but we can wish another 10 years. Lore wise the Alliance holds much if not all of Lordaeron save Tirisfal Glades. Whether it’s the Worgen in Gilneas and Stillpine Forest, Southshore and Stromgarde. Dwarves in the Hinterlands and Alterac Valley. The Alliance controls so much of Lordaeron that the only people who can contest it are now the Argent Crusade who already all but support them anyways though technically a neutral faction.

I’m just curious how the Forsaken Hallow’s End would play out if they ever revamped it. I would love to see a Gilneas city vs Lordaeron City/Undercity rivalry similar to what we have presently with worgen vs undead shifting their once most violent of relationships to petty stinkbombs and tricks.

2 Likes

Worgen kids scaling the walls and throwing stink bombs and disappearing back into the woods would make me laugh so hard to see, because it’s cute to think about and would be so annoying for the Death Guards/Dark Rangers in charge of keeping intruders out :wolf:

3 Likes

Too bad there won’t be many Worgen kids, since the little Gilnean boys and girls would have to be bitten or drink their parents’ blood, and who would let their kids do that?

I’m trying not to think about that because than I just get upset. But one can dream right? :wolf:

2 Likes

Sorry about that.

Noooooooo don’t go there :sob::sob:

We had this convo once before. Let’s all just dream about worgen puppies. Toddlers that can magically switch between babies and puppies. No logic needs to be applied here, only cuteness.

2 Likes