Forsaken getting new tabards

Seems like the undead are moving away from Sylvanas and new tabards have been discovered.

7 Likes

funny enough. I just posted this in the 10.1 thread

2 Likes

Didn’t see that! I’m fascinated that the Forsaken are getting tabard updates. I wonder if their voice dialogues will change. No more Dark Lady mentions. I wonder if they will say, “Pallid lady watch over you…”

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing. But this is a good thread to discuss the tabards though :blush:

1 Like

It’s going to be a fun patch if Forsaken get an update. Especially with the end of SL left them in a bid of a quandary.

1 Like

Im just curious if the tabards are just for players to obtain or if there is a story tie. As I mentioned in the 10.1 thread, I wonder if there’s going to be a new Forsaken quest chain.

After all the tabards can be a reward from a proper reclamation of the Undercity or the Forsaken heritage armor.

3 Likes

Not sure if random zombie face has the same recognition and marketability as the Sylvanas mask. I get why they feel it necessary as a story beat, but it just doesn’t look as good.

Why not a stylized Lordaeron crest.

7 Likes

If they do, I will hotkey a /vomit macro so I can use it every time I hear that.

7 Likes

Haha Sylvanas loyalists are going to be having a difficult time with Calia Menethil as one of the new leaders of Lordaeron.

2 Likes

I’m certainly going to miss the feud Genn and Sylvanas had going. It certainly made things interesting the few times they shared screen time with one another

6 Likes

It definitely doesn’t have as much personality or “pizzazz” as Sylvanas’ symbol.

8 Likes

Bright lady watch over you. Now please put on this Plants vs Zombies tabard. We’re rebranding here in the Undercity.

3 Likes

Always seemed less like a feud and more of a one-sided hate to me. The whole Silverpine garbage is what helped kickstart the ruination of her character in Cataclysm and beyond so I’ll be glad it’s gone, at least for a while.

1 Like

Right as they are to give the Forsaken less transient iconography, this new Mutant Enemy tier blazon is pretty uninspired save for the inverted pentacle. That detail I like. But surely more creative ideas for a racial crest were spitballed than “skull face for skull race”.

4 Likes

I’m more interested in the updated shattered mask, might be a bit too quick to think the Forsaken are entirely moving away from Sylvanas.

3 Likes

They turned the Lordaeron L into a stylized F on a new sword in 10.1.
That would’ve been a good symbol.

2 Likes

Both the shattered mask and random skull look awful. Whoever threw this up on a cloth and called them “forsaken tabards” needs to rethink career paths.

How could anyone think this could ever compare to the OG shattered mask crest?

1 Like

Better a generic skull than Calia’s likeness. :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

3 Likes

Hmm, safe to assume new tabards are showing up for the progress some kingdoms have gone through?

The Desolate Council coming into power:

The Council of Three Hammers control of Ironforge:

Perhaps a change for Gazlowe’s leadership of the goblins and what will replace Darnassus. :thinking:

7 Likes

The new one is an updated and uprezzed version of the old, the tabard image itself is the same as the original one.

If you wanna ask why the tabard wasn’t a ‘shattered’ mask your gonna have to go back to ask the… I think Wrath devs were when the tabards were added

1 Like