Former Blizzard Employee writes about it on Dailykos

He just prefers echo chambers!

See above.

They probably only read either the headline or what you posted.

I read a book awhile ago on statistics that was guessing that based on the fact that things like Kindle Books have all the highlights at the beginning of the book and not the end, that 97% of people don’t finish books.

I understand that. It’s not a good look pr wise.

2 Likes

This is the funniest thing I’ve ever read on the Internet. Bar none.

2 Likes

No need for the word salad I just asked you have experience living in a Communist country

Country? No. But actually I’ve visited communist communities.

It worked well.

I wouldn’t join them.

I don’t personally believe that the normal type of person who strives to be in a leadership position is the type of person that you need to lead a communist country.

If it were only Buddhist monks, and only the real ideal buddhist monks who wanted to do no harm and didn’t want stuff, maybe you could make Marxism work.

But the people who really want to pull on the levers of power aren’t really ever those people.

But I think it’s pretty important to advance social policies that curb capitalisms most psychopathic tendencies…

and since robots are coming to take all of our jobs and those robots and therefore the wealth the robots make will be in the hands of very few it’s important to get ahead of the train a little.

If the forums had PMing I’d tell you a bit more about it. I’m curious about your experiences and would like to know more, one of my classmates was a PT in Poland and she had to deal with being forced to learn Russian, etc. growing up.

I’ve also interacted with Tibetan Buddhist monks and obviously they’ve been suffering at the hands of maoist regimes for a long time.

But I’m gonna take off for now. Have a paper to write.

1 Like

It is actually quite disgusting that an executive got a 15 million dollar signing bonus while 700-800 people got laid off. How many employees would 15 million dollars keep employed?

It does say a lot about capitalism and greed.

You have 3 guild members: a leatherworker, a tailor, and a blacksmith.
All 3 guild members each have a mage, a rogue, and a warrior.

Scenario 1: All 3 members farm materials equally, and produce gear for each others alts. Everyone logs in for the same amount of time, gets the same percentage of loot drops, and shares all the gold equally.

Scenario 2: All 3 members farm materials, but at different rates, the tailor farming 33% of the time, the leatherworker farming 66%, and he blacksmith farming 100% of the time. The blacksmith provides gear for everyone’s warriors. The LW provides 2/3 of the necessary gear for the rogues, and the tailor only 33% for the mages.

Scenarior 3 & 4: same as 1 & 2, with the exception being that all the gear must go into the guild bank, with a 4th member dictating who gets what gear and when.

Scenario 5: The tailor farms enough to make full gear for all 3 members. The LW makes half as much gear, and the blacksmith doesn’t make anything. The tailor sells the excess gear for gold to buy what she needs off of the AH, and trades some with the LW. The LW can gear himself with a little left over to trade and a bit to sell. The BS has nothing to sell or wear, but demands that the tailor and LW provide him with gear, yet has nothing to offer the other 2.

Which situation, using a very popular current term, is the most “fair” to EVERYONE involved, equally?

I think they’re right of center along with MSNBC while Fox is off the spectrum right-wing. Don’t think CNN and MSNBC are? Just remember that they’re salivating for war in Latin America and were the biggest cheerleaders for the war in 2003. Warmongers are not left.

1 Like

The MSM all get behind war. Regardless of their ideologies. Also, there have been quite a few progressives in history who were warmongers.

The Daily Kos is a middle-of-the-road, moderate site. If this were the 80s, they would have been considered Republican. They endorsed Hillary, who is one of the least Communist politicians in recent memory.

Perhaps, just a suggestion, mind, perhaps if you read their content, you would see that they are squarely neoliberal and definitely not “Communist”.

For god’s sake, just look at their site. They’re pushing the New Red Scare. BOO! RUSSIANS! Look at them, all squatting and eating semechki, I bet they’re up to something that involves meddling!

1 Like

I was actually ready to disagree with you. but then I remembered Caucus99percent.

So yeah. Dailkos is considered far left by rational people currently. But Vadya is correct that they’re fairly moderate.

The issue is the overton window is just shoved far to the right because of fox news, etc.

Ultimately we’ll be headed in this direction in the near future. Only indie games will provide a micro transaction free environment (and if they do, it’s purely optional and you know that the money will be invested into continued development). I envision a frightening future where the majority of games are free to play, and remain so all while ensuring that you remain excited. Then the message pops up asking for money to unlock more fun content, or remain stuck with only 20% of the game actually available to you. And your character looks like crap (nearly naked like in PUBG)…