Forest Troll Race/Customization Megathread

I have hopes for Midnight.

To be honest, regardless if the head Troll Warlord is a Revantusk or Amani, I’ll RP my own Forest Troll as a Revantusk.

4 Likes

They were the original Horde troll race and I never understood why Blizzad ditched them in favor of the Darkspear tribe back then.

Awesome thread, OP!

While, it’s been done already, sorta - with the red eyed trolls. I think you are verbalizing a really neat larger concept.

You’re idea is awesome. let me get that out of the way.

I think it’s got a much larger use than simply for a forest troll feature, but this can be used to apply similar raced visuals to the game without having to create, I dunno. 3 dwarfs.

We’ve got 4 elves. do we need 6? 8? God no! kill me right now. But the folks who are asking for High Elves, Wood elves, Dark elves should get that via customization - at least. Maybe even a check box for that default look with it’s own sub category of customizations to remain within the ‘realm’ of a “High Elf”

Now folks can dive a bit deeper into their lore and fantasy without having to have a bajillion of the same character models on the creation screen. Bliz could then focus on not recycling animations as much while “skins” are being created for existing ones.

Do I think this is easy? Prolly not, but I do notice there is a semi steady cadence of cash shop skins being painted up, so I do feel the art side of the existing frames isn’t too big of an ask.

I like seeing lots of options for folks to create their tailored experience. Not so much for me to use, but absolutely for me to enjoy. I love seeing unique characters and so on.

Overfill our plate of options.

I need Forest Troll as playable race please. :dracthyr_love_animated:

Also, Amani Dragonhawk needs to be a twich drop soon. :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

2 Likes

I think its because Blizzard wanted to show case how the New Horde was different, but still wanted to have trolls in the Horde.

There’s a fantastic idea and we could always get one from an Amani Renown.

2 Likes

I just want my buff green trolls and be happy.

3 Likes

For anyone who doesn’t know, instead of a Blizzcon this year we are getting a Warcraft Direct steam. I don’t know when it will be, but some people are saying late October/early November.

I don’t expect Forest Troll news in it, but if there are any I’ll share.

4 Likes

Maybe we will get some news about Midnight and we will know what races will be playabled for this expansion. We need Forest Trolls for the Horde in this expansion. :dracthyr_yay_animated:

2 Likes

I could see a TWW Roadmap, though I can’t picture it extending to Midnight and revealing info from that expansion.

3 Likes

Very excited to see the next roadmap. I’m sure it’ll be a big overview type one that likely won’t go into much detail but anything we can gleam from it would be so helpful.

3 Likes

So you know how we pledge to one of the three Nerubians, for the Severed Thread rep?

I started wondering if it would be possible that that system would be repeated should we got the multiple tribe route for Forest Trolls. For example, considering the following below:

Amani Empire(Renown):
Amani Tribe
Firetree Tribe
Revantusk Tribe
Smolderthorn Tribe

I have to admit that I like the idea of pledging to a Forest Troll tribe and if something like this does happen, I’ll most likely get the Revantusk to max level before moving on to the other tribes.

3 Likes

what color are forest trolls

Green, though some insist that they are teal.

3 Likes

They likely range from bright greens to mossy browns and I wouldn’t be surprised to see teal/cyan lichen colored ones.

If they’re a whole AR blizzard should and could get really fun with it.

Forest trolls are generally green because of a moss growing within the upper dermis layer of the skin.

2 Likes

These colors are for Forest Trolls. :dracthyr_yay_animated: :

The color we need for Forest Trolls as playable race

(You can use the link to see the picture or load the parent post with the answer I made to my old post)

3 Likes

If speculation about Warcraft Direct occurring in late October/early November holds true, then we could be getting more information about the stream this month. Should we get anything Forest Troll related announced, I will be quick to share.

4 Likes

I’m quite excited to find out more potentially about Midnight and further patches for The War Within.

4 Likes

Forest Trolls need to be playable in Midnight for the Horde. Perfect expansion to get more lore for the Amani and the Forest Trolls.

2 Likes

I really hope we get both Amani and Drakkari.
I was really hoping that the darkspear heritage quest was gonna involve reuniting the scattered remnants of the tribes and make Sen’jins dream come true, of trolls to go back to their roots being led by shadow hunters instead of conquering and trying to reclaim their old empires and glory.

But now I am sipping on some copium hoping for Forest trolls in Midnight.
And please blizzard make the females into big muscle mommies too, darkspear and zandalari females are already way too similar compared to the males.

2 Likes

That feels more like a campaign over a heritage armor. Though they could have seeded something, like having representives of other tribes to learn from the Darkspear loa or something.

2 Likes