Forced toon name change

Michael

Hello Gm, I just transferred my toon to a new server. When I try to log on, it tells me my toons name(Bossheals) has been flagged. Is this because there is another toon with the same name? If that is the case, I feel Blizz should have notified me before it took my money and transferred my toon. I have played this toon with the same name since Wrath. I don’t want a name change. I want my money back, and my toon transferred back or transferred to Quel’dori. The reason for this mess is I’m trying to move to my friend’s guild Social Distancing. Thank you very much for your help in this matter, and thank you for always being the Best.

You will have to open a ticket on this one theres no one here that can help you.

3 Likes

Thanks, Darthwrath.

You can put in a request for a refund on the transfer.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/contact/1153/ticket

5 Likes

ive gone and bookmarked that for future reference.

2 Likes

Just for future reference, there are no GM’s here.

Blizzard feels that if you want to transfer your character, that you’ve done your homework, scouted the realm you want to transfer to, and made sure the name(s) you want are available before you initiate anything.

6 Likes

I’m sorry this detail snuck up on you, but the possibility that you would have a name change during the transfer was mentioned. Yes, it is in the fine print, but should this come up again in the future it is always best to be aware of the possibilities.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/000034787

Consequences of a transfer

• Your raid lockouts transfer with your character and can’t be continued. You will need to wait until the reset
  • If your character’s name is taken on the destination realm, you will be asked to rename your character at no extra cost. This is applicable when you transfer a character to another WoW account while remaining in the same realm
  • You cannot restore items that you destroyed, vendored, or disenchanted before the transfer
  • Characters that have transferred in the last 60 days cannot receive a Realm First achievement

Hopefully you will still be able to join your friends guild though with no further issues.

4 Likes

Is it possibly to get a refund and transferred back?

Only a game master can make that determination. Submit a ticket via the link Kyzera provided above.

5 Likes

I wonder if you could have the name back even with a refund and a reverse transfer.

It’s locked to his account on the old realm AFAIK.

1 Like

Probably, but if reversing the transfer is just another transfer, taking a name on the forbidden list wouldn’t be allowed. OTOH, if it’s really an “undo” then it would work.

I’m inclined to believe you, though.

I don’t see where it said the name was on the forbidden list, only that the name was unavailable.

If they are given a transfer back or transfer back themselves, they can then just rename their character to what it was before.

2 Likes

Alright, I guess I read something into the discussion that wasn’t there.

In that case, I would indeed expect everything to be reversible.

1 Like