Forced afflic/reroll/unsub

with demo and destruction being over looked and microscopic buffs at the bottom of the charts wondering how many logs said f it and unsubbed entirely this patch. how many are you toughing it out in affliction even tho you hate the spec with a fiery passion. and how many of you rerolled and are facing the guilds not clearing heroic anymore and your in that 11 ilvl gap even tho you are capped of normal raid/cov/casual pvp gear and need heroic gear to progress

also sidenote, why when im all set up in demo do i have to tell my pet to spin for 10 globals actually invoking a half global each key press because hes already doing a passive spin at a bad time. can’t they just let the ability be triggered and que it up to spin after a spin? things like that sound like it would just be common sense

5 Likes

ever since Xelnath left warlock as a class doesnt have a class designer, and thats why we got 3 builder spender specs and 2 of them dont even function. reroll/play classic

8 Likes

No class has a dedicated designer anymore

low key - aff has always been my fav spec so im kinda happy rn

3 Likes

I had been comfortably unsubbed but my gf wouldn’t take no for an answer so if I’ve got to humor her for 3 months during the worst expansion for warlocks ever I’m going to be quite vocal about how much it sucks compared to Blizzard’s previous work. It send a clear message that a change of staff is needed immediately.

4 Likes

So much this.
I despise Demo with an unholy passion, and can’t force myself to like Destro despite getting green fire.

3 Likes

Welcome to playing a pure dps class there will always be a spec that is better than the other two.

1 Like

Destro Lok reporting, I never enjoyed Affliction, so its Destro or Demo. Demo is a lost cause. I only play demo on Torghast since it makes the class viable. I unsubbed my account. It still has time, but the state of affairs is rough to keep playing and ignoring my class. I could play one of my alts 60 DK or my SP at 54. But getting the DK geared to 196 felt tedious and the covy grind really got to me. I just can’t do a third class to cap.

Destro isn’t top tier right now but I wouldn’t say it’s terrible. Destro has risen to middle of the pack in raid, although it’s still bottom 6-8 in M+. If double leggos roll out with 9.1, Destro will very likely surpass Aff.

Demo on the other hand, needs a little help.

i like affliction spec, said that i would agree that the other 2 warlocks specs are in really bad shape.

A change of staff definitety needs to happen. We need some class changes.

I like aff, but only in ST raid situations. Every other time, it suckksss. Soooo much effort to put out only comparable dmg in an aoe situation.

Demo and destro are still bad, and the micro “buffs” they keep getting continues to confirm it.

Im looking at lvling my mage. I played it the other day and I was like, wow, this is like a vacation.

Destro & Demo are in a horrible place. And affliction is so boring, I just can’t do it. So yeah, I’m one of the rerolls. I rerolled Resto Shaman, and it is an absolute blast!

Anyone else checking wowhead daily to see if demo gets any buffs :cry:

6 Likes

I came into this expansion wanting to play my two favorite characters:

1 - Demo lock
2 - Fury Warr

This sh*t sucks lol

1 Like

to me its not “boring” its juggling too many timers to truely minmax it to the level thats shown for parseing yet guilds hold you to that standard and refuse to let you play anything else. sure you can refresh your dots every 15 or so sec but thats not going to do the top damage as always refreshing them with 2 seconds left and casting filler more oftin. its also horrible to try to time seed to expload on fast dieing adds and actually do any sort of aoe or cleave in general

not to mention in demo pets can’t jump the gap for sire, far too much movement for it to be viable, and worst of all when your pet is spinning you waste globals trying to get it to use its 1min cd but it won’t just que it up to spin again. it will wast ehalf a gcd with every press as you try to get it out since everything else is finnaly stacked and ready to go

I love affliction, but i can understand that other players want their own spec being viable.

1 Like

Destro is close to 5% behind affliction with an easier rotation.

Same here… I love destro & just don’t enjoy aff. But been using it on all single target fights this raid. Wish they were a bit closer. But hey, at least for locks we have almost the same stat priority & a common viable leggo so switching’s easy and learnt something new this patch :slight_smile:

People keep saying that… but leaving aside the burst window there’s not much happening with aff too. Also, destro is affected a lot by movement so in a raid setting takes decent skill to get good numbers out of it. On a target dummy, yeah, destro’s relatively easier.