Force Name Change

I’ve had to change my name twice now on my account but i haven’t seen any warnings, could i potentially hold a ban if my name gets force changed again?

I would self report your characters name, it is highly inappropriate.

Edit, and yes, you can be banned.

8 Likes

gee i wonder why.

looks at name

I bet its the same person that made a thread saying they were banned for 34 days because of their names.

2 Likes

I don’t care what your name is… but you know what you’re doing.

If you get a ban you deserve it.

2 Likes

Ye i’m aware of my name, it has already been dealt with, that’s why i started this topic lol

Yeah.

Yawns

So anyways.

Lmao.

I’d imagine a suspension at least, if it’s getting in trouble for the same thing repeatedly.

Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should lol.

3 Likes

6 Likes

Your warnings are your name changes. With your current name, I’d self report yourself before you get a ban for that one. If you have any other characters with names like that, do the same.

4 Likes

I’m not going to try to encourage the OP’s behavior but I bet if you changed your name to Rumpritz you’d be in the clear. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

Great name!

I am :rofl: !

2 Likes

ty, ye when i first came to wow i was goofing around but later i feel in love with the game but just never bothered to change my name, trying to get everything sorted out rn

If you need advice or help on how to do it, then you can ask in CS— nevermind, I just noticed this got moved there. LOL

Vrak will help ya with all the info you need!

1 Like

The hammer approacheth…

Let me try to clarify what I can…

First, if your name was flagged for a rename, it generally means it was found to be inappropriate. Don’t use it to post on the forums with.

Second, the name was reported on the forums from posts you’ve made, so the moderator did you a solid and only flagged it. They didn’t penalize you for the name. Take that as a win.

Yes, you could receive a penalty that suspends your account if you continue to have names that are found to violate policy.

Edit: I notice a few names on the account that feel a little problematic. I can flag them for a rename if you wish. :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Would really appreciate that, thank you for your help

5 Likes

I think I got all the ones that stood out to me, but you can always self-report if you feel a name might be questionable.

7 Likes

I Thank you, the Moderator who didnt penalize me and some of the players who have helped me resolve this, this definitely could of gone worse but i’m happy it didnt end with me getting a hammer to the head. I had thought once i changed my name in game my forum name would also change a minute or so after so once again i apologize for my mistakes

7 Likes

Our old forums did that, but the new ones work a bit differently and can take awhile to update sometimes. You may see the same character in the list, one with the old name and one with the new.

Good luck to you!

12 Likes