For those of you avoiding retail, would you play retail content on pristine realms?

I disagree, I think retail can adopt some elements of classic to become a better game. They’re not so different that they’re completely incompatible with eachother.

Last night I was getting 50% to 75% empty loot windows. Now it’s 90%. That’s a lot of work for hardly any gold.

That does sound weird. Kinda like deja vu mixed with one of those two-panel puzzles where you have to find 5 differences.

What server are you on? I’ve never seen that on any of my toons.

There have been lots of complaints in the bugs forum all along. If you normally kill the number of mobs a quest requires, you might not even notice.

Of course it is. Also I’m not sure what you mean, I have kills on Mythic bosses in a lot of the raids - I played very sporadically and didn’t stay in one guild long enough.

I usually get several “other” mobs in the process. I was just amazed that every one of them dropped a QI. Not normal vanilla behavior at all. My strong recollection is and was that most “gather” quests were really “go grind on this beast/humanoid for an hour.”

No, it’s really not. AOTC and Cutting Edge are the respective achievements for 2 totally different difficulties of raiding. If you got AOTC, that’s not Mythic raiding. The achievement for Mythic raiding is “The Cutting Edge”.

No

My biggest issue with Retail is lore and mischaracterization of the original world concept.

Ahh, but which elements? Because everyone has a different idea of what would make the Retail game better. For me, just give me flying at max level within 3 months of expansion launch, put back the Legion Dalaran and Pandaria poral hubs and give water striders their innate water walking ability back and I’d happily re-sub and continue to play. Oh, and remove the dungeon requirements to unlock Kul Tirans.

Just curious, did you grind mobs when you had no quest? They may have made a change in response to complaints about drop rates of quest items that totally borked normal loot drops.

It costs more to travel to swamp of sorrows than I get farming a dozen mobs.

If this doesn’t get fixed fast, I’m through. I see no reason to play a game that demands I earn large amounts of gold in order to progress but nerfs my ability to grind it.

Honestly, the only thing that could make Retail better at this point is if they pull some universe reset nonsense and completely reboot the lore to something closer to what it originally was.

Of course it’s a different thing was my point. Also AotC was for killing heroic (the highest difficulty at the time if I remember right) before the patch cycle.

Also you didn’t even reply to the fact I’ve killed mythic bosses, so…

EDIT: No, AotC was for Normal, you’re right.

Why do people keep saying classic is more difficult than retail?

It literally is not.

Retail is way more challenging than anything in classic.

Raids are way more complex and tigther dps / heal checks.

Mythic dungeons are harder than any dungeon in classic.

Other points I can agree with. but I can not take some one seriously who honestly believes classic is a hard game.

2 Likes

And only about 600 people in the world feel like it would be worth bothering to do so.

I can’t keep track of how many times I have changed my mind on flying. Now that I have immersed myself in classic I can see what flying has done to the game, flight and portals just make the world smaller and smaller, the danger is gone, the magic is gone, you’re just flying over everything.

I know what a hot topic flying is, but my gosh, has it ever damaged the game. Now everyone is hooked on it and if they ever wanted to change the forums would be full of outrage. We’ll just have to agree to disagree on that.

the expacs should honestly be separate stand alone games. select the most popular ones, release them separate from classic and separate from retail and separate from each other. theyd be as separate from classic/retail/each other, as overwatch is separate from wow.

You realise these things still exist in retail right? Mages still make water. Classes still give buffs.

1 Like

Water is barely necessary and the buffs are toned way down. Buff food is really the only food you consume in raids.

Like I said, you’ve never done any difficult content, how would you even know?

FYI in M+ healers are drinking nonstop, it’s part of the challenge of playing a healer. When it’s grievous week in M+, everyone eats between pulls or they die. But like I said, this is stuff you’ve never heard of because you’ve never attempted any difficult content in retail. You have no idea what you’re talking about.