For those of you avoiding retail, would you play retail content on pristine realms?

I’d be A-okay with it, if the level cap was still 60 and the endgame would have all raids drop similar gear.

2 Likes

Not really, no. They’re more mechanically interesting but they’re tuned so low that we can blow through it, especially since we’re ludicrously strong.

Normal and Heroic (and even Mythic +0) dungeons and LFR, Normal, and even Heroic at times raids are really, really easy. They have basic mechanics and little else.

Did you play vanilla? While the bosses only had a few mechanics and 15 years later that’s simple, at the time it wasn’t. The tuning has absolutely been changed, from the raids themselves to how strong we are - going into 1.1 content with 1.12 talents and balancing is ludicrous in the power gap.

People went into MC at 60, and with increasingly better gear. While we’re more knowledgeable and better players now, that’s not the sole reason this content is so much easier now.

log into illidan on retail (which is always full all the time) then log into heroid. check their AHs. look up just low level mats. maybe silverleaf or something. notice a difference?

1 Like

Why even talk about regular dungeons which nobody does?

I can’t, I deleted Refail when I realized how much of a waste of time it was.

1 Like

people do normal dungeons while leveling for the exp. even doing dungeon quests most people will do heroic or mythic because there’s more people to pull from. lol

People absolutely do them, especially when the content is new. And just because it doesn’t fit your narrative doesn’t mean it doesn’t count - we’re in the entry level content right now. Give it time to hit AQ40 and Naxx, which is when the tuning isn’t as ludicrously outdated.

Difficulty is also not even part of the equation for why I don’t like modern WoW, but the world is absolutely far less dangerous and easier to traverse when you can annihilate anything with ease.

The purpose of the concept of pristine realms was to deflect the discussion from private servers and the development of a classic project at a time when devs didn’t want to discuss this. That’s all. They were never serious about developing pristine servers.

so only late tier content counts? so naxx vs M EP? which do you honestly think is harder? lol

So you mean questing, yeah sure. Retail questing is very easy, but end-game content is orders of magnitude more challenging than it is in classic. And even the normal heroic versions of modern dungeons are more challenging than classic when you’re doing them in level-appropriate gear. They aren’t meant for people already decked out in preraid BIS gear - that’s what Mythic and M+ are for.

1 Like

What do you mean? What we’re doing right now is essentially entering Mythic Uldum in Normal… whatever the endgame raid is going to be… gear. It’s way stronger than what we originally had.

you. i like you. <3

I’m not going to pretend Classic’s endgame is difficult, but the vast majority of endgame in modern WoW isn’t difficult either… I’ve done it all. A lot. Heroic dungeons are also really easy, as you can outright ignore mechanics a lot of the time. The only time it’s remotely challenging and you have to do the mechanics is when everyone is undergeared, and nobody really knows the strategies.

Really, you have cutting edge for all the recent raids then I assume?

Because 99% of all players in retail don’t. Because it’s extremely challenging and requires real dedication and serious skill to actually complete mythic raids in retail.

you can use 4 mages and a priest NO TANK EVEN in classic dungeons. with them undergeared. and you’re gonna sit there with a straight face talking about how easy heroic dungeons are? lol

The purpose of heroic dungeons now is to help gear up to do higher level content. They are not intended to be done continually for entertainment or challenge.

1 Like

Not since I quit in very early BFA. I have a fair few when I was raiding semi-seriously, but I haven’t raided hardcore since Wrath.

they’re the same ilevel as WQ gear right? so you can completely skip them if you want to.

BfA is a bad expansion a pristine server isn’t going to fix the giant flaws it has

If you haven’t raided hardcore since wrath, then you’ve never gotten a cutting edge achievement ever, but feel qualified to talk about how challenging raiding is in retail?

Hint: Mythic raiding now is orders of magnitude harder than it was even in Wrath. Wrath hard mode achievements like Firefighter/ No lights in the darkness are what all mythic raids are like now.