For those of you avoiding retail, would you play retail content on pristine realms?

I would play retail in a heartbeat if Retail Class design was not BfA Class design.

You know what they say. Once you go classic, there’s no looking back from it. I got my taste of classic and I’m never going back to that hell-hole called Retail.

3 Likes

Be careful. Over time, the human body ‘corrects’ for diet. You can make a non meat eater violently ill by doing something ‘cute’ like sticking meat fat or protien into their food. Vegans I know can’t eat food that was cooked inpans with meat residue or fat, i.e. a cast iron frying pan seasoned with bacon fat.

Blizzard should be concerned about this. We are forming a hardened community of enthusiasts for the old ways. It could be a wakeup, but it could also upset the applecart.

2 Likes

NOPE! Every aspect of retail is terrible, the only reason to log on is because I have been established , I definitely wouldn’t want to start at zero, not even if it was free to play.

No. There weren’t XP buffs; level boosts were first introduced with the horrid WoD xpansion.

Sorry, this is so very wrong…

I tried Refail about a month before Classic released. I made it 10 days before I hit the point where the game and it’s typical player made me lose any interest in it. The moment I played classic in the public stress test, I couldn’t even be bothered playing Refail another minute.

You Refail players need to take a step back and actually look at how vastly different the game is compared to what Vanilla was. It’s now an Action-MMO, every class feels the same, the game is solely focused on dungeons, nothing feels rewarding and most players are so rude it makes you genuinely question their age being in double digits.

Sorry, but Refail is a dumpster fire.

5 Likes

What would be the point of pristine realms when combat in retail feels awful. Spells feel awful. Raids and dungeons feel pointless. Gear upgrades are pointless.

Retail feels like crap and it has nothing to do with whatever pristine realms would possibly fix.

1 Like

you do realize calling it “refail” is much more toxic than the average retail player in game right? you can like something without crapping on something you don’t even play. you and posters like you are one of the reasons i’ve mostly gone back to retail. the community isn’t actually any better. it’s just elitist in a different way.

1 Like

That’s the thing you and a few others refuse to see, I HAVE PLAYED IT AND IT SUCKS.

Excuse me for actually having given it a genuine go and disliking what is a completely different game to what I love.

1 Like

you would probably report someone if they came to this forum and starting talking about “classux wow”

Not really- thing is, if it took me five times longer to get through new xpac content- or if they slowed down alts that wouldn’t really do anything for me.

Heirlooms in their intent are to speed you up on something you’ve already done- I don’t see any problem in that.

there are some things that interest me a bit- no group finder I’d be ok with, but no pvp xserver I’d relish, I’d actually consider playing on a server if BGs were solely that server, I was hoping Classic wouldn’t have xserver and instead would just have a few well populated realms.

Sadly, Blizz cracked- so now we have a bunch of empty realms, as well as xserver BGs.

I wouldn’t mind no wow token realms either- but the thing is, I don’t consider that the problem so much as the solution. Yes, it damages the economy and that sucks- but nowhere near as badly as exploiters and gold farmers damage the economy. If Blizz were able to completely stop farmers and exploiters, then of course get rid of tokens.

However- if you get rid of tokens, the market is still there. I’d personally rather see that money go to Blizz than go to thousands of botters and account stealers.

I’m Aussie buddy, call it what you like, i’m not the overly sensitive report troll like a few others here.

I would question why you’d come to the Classic forum though to discuss Refail or trash Classic, as that’s questionable intent, much more akin to trolling and toxic behavior.

1. Open excel.
  2. List out all the differences between Retail and Classic.

There you go.

why do classic forum trolls go to GD to talk about how much better it is? or to talk about how it’s killing retail?

the other day i checked during prime time and there were 44 retail realms that were at high or full. 21 classic realms that were. not to mention that retail has way more people per server than classic does because of sharding. there are more retail severs at high and full than classic realms that exist at all! also that’s not counting the 435809405830459845793457 medium and low pop servers retail has.

You just mean in leveling, right?

Because retail is more challenging than classic in every way except the initial leveling portion, which is very easy (too easy, I agree).

Dungeons and raids in classic are an absolute snoozefest.

I wanted pristine realms when he said this, but classic has shown me how much I truly dislike modern WoW. I’ve lost 100% interest in playing any iteration of it. The only things I miss are Transmogrification and the Barbershop.

3 Likes

A lower amount of mechanics doesn’t mean it’s easier. While we’re basically going into the game at the final patch in entry level content (which has always been easy), it takes more effort and involvement from each person than almost anything in modern WoW.

Besides M+ and Heroic (or even Mythic) raiding, there’s nothing harder in modern WoW. If we got properly tuned difficulty we’d definitely be wiping a lot more.

1 Like

No, it really doesn’t. Classic dungeons and raids are boring and easy, Retail are both more challenging and more interesting

Besides M+ and Heroic (or even Mythic) raiding, there’s nothing harder in modern WoW. If we got properly tuned difficulty we’d definitely be wiping a lot more.

So yeah, dungeons and raids.

Why keep pretending the tuning has changed? It hasn’t. There was never anything hard about these fights, people just went into them underleveled with no idea about game mechanics or how to play their class.

I have no idea, you’d have to go there and ask those people.

This is a whole other kettle of fish, and best discussed elsewhere, but since you did…

Firstly, we have no conformation from Blizzard as to realm population limits, on Refail or in Classic. There is evidence that suggests the realms caps are larger on the Classic servers than they are on Refail though.

As to sharding, you do realize that doesn’t equal more people right ?..if anything it’s masking the actual realm population sizes.

Until Blizzard releases figures, which they likely never will, these discussions from either side of the camp are pointless and based entirely on conjecture.

Then there’s one other thing, I really couldn’t give a flying %^& about a games populations as evidence of anything when the games are so vastly different. It’s like comparing Eve Online to Baldurs Gate.

Yes, but part of what is making it “bad” is the crossrealm, boosts, and paid services. They would also have to make a game that is not like BFA and more like BC or Wrath.