For those of you avoiding retail, would you play retail content on pristine realms?

Well i haven’t played either of those classes yet. But it sounds to me like they are ignoring their weapons skills if they are dying to same level mobs due to that.

No…

I would still like to play retail and be a raid logger but they don’t like that. They want you to never stop playing.

Remove titanforge.
Remove AP.
Remove world quests.

Those are the things keeping me from the game not how easy and pointless the leveling process has become.

It’s called MMO. Grinding is a repetitive activity and is present to all MMO. Classic has Grinding too… Freaking grind of gold to get your freaking level 40 mount and level 60 mount which is far inferior to my mounts in Retail. How many times I fall asleep in grinding gold right now at level 40? I keep on switching to BFA to do Mythic +9 to wake me up then come back to grind with my Classic toon. Did I feel I was grinding on 8.2? Freaking I got it in a week just doing the daily quests. I didnt even know I was revered already.

What’s the difference with Classic? You are forced to Raid to be competitive. You miss it, you get left behind too. I understand M+ gives you much pressure becoz it’s harder than almost everything in Classic. And that’s should be a good thing for Retail.

That’s why raider io is your friend. high ilevel means nothing in Retail. Raider io shows you what content that player has completed. You could have high ilevel but your freaking trinket doesnt belong to your specs. Or you get high ilevel becoz of High Spirit stats which is useless to a Warrior. Raider io is just a tool. It wont guarantee success but it has higher success rate than when using nothing,

It can happen to Classic too. You could be on a guild that raids to a schedule conflict to your schedule. Just find a guild that is aligned to your sched.

Casuals usually cant conform with their guild raiding schedule. Retail accomodates Casuals becoz it has Dungeon Finder. You just need to be patient. I have beaten Emerald Nightmare in Legion all on Dungeon Finder while guildless. I raid when I want to raid.

Not a chance in hell. The problems with retail are fundamental to the game design itself at this point.

1 Like

The problem with retail isn’t the heirlooms and acceleration (although that is part of it). The problem with retail is the core game no longer resembles what I love about World of Warcraft. They gutted everything I loved about the game and if it weren’t for Classic I doubt my friends and I would have come back.

Classic has reunited my friends after a nearly a decade since our guild broke up toward the end of Wrath.

1 Like

Nope they would need to return talent trees and rpg elements they removed. Class specs and rotations would need to be rolled back as well. They’d also have to unprune abilities. Put back all they removed because it was too many buttons. I prefer ability bloat allowing for more options for players that can leverage them.

Without that and other changes its just a lesser version of WoW.

1 Like

there are still millions of people playing it.

lmao, you sure about that? Sometimes I wonder. Regardless, that does not speak to the quality of it overall at all. A lot of these people have invested thousands of hours in WoW and are only playing retail because it’s just what they’ve played. It’s hard to quantify “fun” since you can always pull the “it’s just an opinion bruh” card, but BfA really does come off as if it were made by people who heard of WoW and tried to make an expansion based entirely off of hearsay. 100% their goal is to make players who feel obligated to play, required to play more. It’s all about those retainment metrics, and it results in what is just a long, unsatisfying grind. That’s the difference between it and Classic WoW, for example. There was plenty of grind, but it was full of passion. There were times where it got frustrating, but the payoff was ALWAYS satisfying. Compare that to virtually any reward in Retail, and surely you can begin to see where the fine line between “subjective” and “objective” starts to become more visible and harder to dispute.

I like Ion, and I really do think he’s trying his best, but the man comes off as a robot when he’s talking about data and analytics and crap and it really shows in the result.

Nah, what I don’t like about retail is the gameplay.

If you think I’m talking about raiding you’ve missed the point entirely

In my humble opinion, they just need to scrap retail in general.

Keep a couple of servers just like classic for the people who enjoy it, add pristine realms too if you want.

The focus really should be in a WoW 2. Using everything they have Learned.

New story, new or changed classes with identity. No power creep or level bloat. None of the stupid crap. Then they would have another 15 years of subs to ruin it.

2 Likes

Totally agree. I wasn’t happy at all about the way they made our artifact weapons in Legion useless only to trade them for a neck piece that we had the SAME AP grind for. If they were going to keep the AP grind in the game, we should have kept our damn weapons. Everyone who makes the “but they had to cuz azurite gear…” argument is full of :poop: because the azurite gear doesn’t even take up the same gear slots for one thing…and secondly, they really screwed the pooch on the gear abilities and actually had to change them halfway through, so it really wasn’t worth the trade now was it??? We should have kept our weapons and Blizzard should have reworked the ability/talent grid we had with those IMO…it wasn’t quite the old talent system we have now in Classic, but it gave me a similar vibe. And many of the abilities we had with those weapons were a part of our toolkit and although SOME of them were baked in…others got the axe, and that’s really not fair to leave some classes out like that. Legion was a decent expac but it’s successor just plain SUCKS

1 Like

Then you got folks like this that despite any reason anyone may have they’re so hell bent on simply hating a video game so much.

Retail is fine. It’s fun and it allows gameplay from all skill, age, etc groups to be able to go in a world, have fun with friends or themselves and feel like they’re constantly progressing or advancing in one way shape or form.

And yeah, we’re sure millions of people are still playing it. And really sure despite all that millions are throwing out at 15 bucks a month just to play one or the other so both will be staying and you have the freedom to have fun in either

1 Like

So you must have loved WoD. Because dungeons and raids were almost all there was to do.

Oh so only small tiny bits of classic are harder than retail - how odd you didn’t write it like that.

There is no flying
Horde should never ever get paladin
Alliance should never ever get shaman
And there shouldent be huge resets, making everything you worked wourthless

Classic wow, that things isnt prefected, that classes lack certain things, where things isnt balanced, that the world is bigger, waster… classic imperfection, is what makes it perfection…

Actually yes. I thought WoD had superb dungeon and raid content.

Doing busy work picking up acorns and kicking squirrels -every single day- wasn’t exactly fun for me.

I like classic. I don’t like what wow has become and unless they went back to vanilla design principles I doubt I could ever go back.

1 Like

well if you are the right class - try being a undesirable class and getting a group

1 Like

In classic 60 lvls is that busy work. Something that will take the majority of players 2 months to get and then there is what ’ nothing ’ ? Don’t see how this is an improvement.

Losing the Draenei would be fine too, but the issue there was putting undead on Alliance, which went a long way toward ruining the flavor of the Alliance. In the older games, only the Horde had death knights, and they should have stayed true to that.

Ideally, death knights would have been in Vanilla, and worked the same way they did in WC2: they were the Horde equivalent of Alliance mages.