For those of you avoiding retail, would you play retail content on pristine realms?

No, because the classes are super boring.

Nope will not touch retail. The class designs are awful and the end game grind makes me not want to login. All the cool little niche things classic through wrath had are what made me love the game. Retail isnt even wow to me

Totally anecdotal here, but I remember the raptors dropping heads in a manner that made sense back in the vanilla/TBC days (as in each raptor actually has a head). It was the plainstriders and zhevra quests that made you scratch your head about how pitiful the drop rates were, and we still see that in Classic.

Nope, a turd is a turd even if you try to polish it still a turd

1 Like

Naxx was out for 7 or 8 months before TBC launched. The number of people who cleared it were very few. Most guilds were still busy clearing AQ/ZG. I sincerely hope that Blizzard waits much longer to put TBC out this time around

2 Likes

It’s mostly I hate time trials/speedruns, artificial difficulty (awful affixes and inflated health/damage), and how the gear works. I like knowing how strong an item is. I hate the RNG live has had for years and refuse to take part in it.

1 Like

Would it make me want to play it more? Yes.

However, that’s like choosing to live in a better house that’s still built on a crappy foundation.

Talent ‘trees’ and how loot progression is handled needs an overhaul for me to really consider it.

This is what happens when devs from D3 are now in charge of gameplay design decisions for WoW. War/Titan forging is their spin of RNG along with M+

Pristine servers would amount to a band-aid on someone in a coma, imo. The game needs to be designed from the ground up to support a style/theme/philosophy, and retail has gone too far down the trail for any one change to win back someone interested in a more classic approach.

#Noflying is a pretty good canary in this particular coalmine. It sends the remaining playerbase into spastic system shock if a single solitary ounce of convenience is peeled back. The game would have to reach some sort of hard reset and radical redesign to accomplish what pristine servers was intended for.

Speaking for myself, I wish they’d risk something drastic to overhaul WoW, but that would never get past the suits. I just don’t feel like anything that works its way into the game from a systems or design standpoint is a product of passion (The art, music, world-building, and encounter design is always on point, though).

Yeah I didn’t get the love for Legion, where this was all introduced. I thought it was mediocre at best with the absolute worst legendary system ever.

Imagine if they could build a game like vanilla, modern, with UO style housing. That would be awesome!

no i’d play retail again if they made it enjoyable.

M+ healers are drinking non stop and they love it when mages are in group. a lot of them get mage water prior to starting even if there isnt a mage in the group.

Mage water is alot like you said the best for grevious weeks

And I would be one of them lmao. They tried that crap once already in WoD and as a result of Ion’s petty BS we now have Pathfinder since he didn’t get his way.

I ultimately quit retail because of the 10 month long timegate for PF part 2 to drop in BFA on top of having to grind even MORE reps to Revered…I said NOPE F YOU BLIZZ and never looked back. It’s Classic and later TBC/Wrath all the way for me

1 Like

RAF was never mentioned.

But the 2 seater rocket was…which was a RAF reward IIRC

No flying was a bizarre thing to behold for me. Like, I don’t think most of these players have taken a minute to understand that they want flying so badly because it lets them skip content they hate.

Their problem is the content.

1 Like

Yeah, so were a lot of different mounts. But I think originally we were discussing boosts to XP overall, not from specialized programs.

Nax will be cleared by most guilds within 1st week of release. People back then just didnt know what they were doing.

flying doesnt let you skip content. you still have tto do the content. flying is just fun.

And also them taking away flying after giving it to us and for ever grounding our dragon mounts we earned throught out playing wow was just a huge slap in the face