For those having difficulty gaining altitude with dragon riding:

If landings actually showed what would really happen meeting the ground at that speed…

Drago pancakes anyone?

2 Likes

I was in this thread during maint on Tues. Since then, I have gone Glyph hunting with the help of a nice video I found. I now only have a couple more abilities to fill in. I need about 12 -15 more to finish, including the little side offshoot halfway down with the halt ability. I have enjoyed the hunt more than I expected to. I still however do not care for the overall concept at all. I would still trade all these new dragon mounts for normal flying in a heartbeat.

LOL, pretty sure I made a mistake taking the damage landing over the shield one. It seems that mobs get rather upset over that.

2 Likes

You can change your talents. I did the same thing. I now shield.

2 Likes

As much i would love to say to same to Khrog, i think his comment speaks for itself with how nonsensical it is. So i’l leave it be.

With that said, fun is subjective tbh.

Dragonriding is okay, but it’s missing quite a lot tbh in order to be more then just surface level fun. Or it doesn’t really meaningfully add to the WoW experience, but more or less just seems to be a minigame really.

The fun i had with DF is very surface level. Beyond the novelty of turn limits, momentum, ,gravity, high speed cap and stamina, it’s not as useful as regular flying. And i don’t know about you, but uselessness doesn’t lend itself to fun that much, because, then you wouldn’t be using it much.

I honestly much rather they expand upon the climbing world quests and make them actual mechanics, because it would truely add to the experience, not just being fun, but being objectively more useful to traverse though, and allowing devs to be more creative with it then just Dragon-riding. At least it would make the jaggy terrain tolerable to go though.

Related question if I may. 48 glyphs from 4 zones. That is exactly enough to fill the skill tree all the way down including the trident at the bottom but leaves none for the two abilities on the side branch which cost 4 ea. Are there more to be found outside of the new content @ forbidden reach?

[Siersha]

You can change your talents. I did the same thing. I now shield.

• I may do the same. Loved you in the Shannara books BTW!
1 Like

I gotta say after trying it, looking up does indeed work, but that’s gotta be one of the dumbest metas for a system I’ve yet seen.

1 Like

Seems hard since what you describe will end up going slower and getting no vigor back.

1 Like