For those having difficulty gaining altitude with dragon riding:

I honestly can’t believe there are people who couldn’t figure out how to properly fly. I mean you would have to be an absolute potato not to get it.

1 Like

I think many THINK they have to sit and wait for a full recharge to get up and going again.
The videos I posted show that two vigor is more than enough to get airborn again, get up high enough to be charging in the air.

The first rule of DRing…charge IN AIR anywhere possible because its a third of the charging time.

4 Likes

You and your drake are exceptional.

Player: But I can’t fly this thing!
(Crashes into trees and objects)

1 Like

I’m going to guess you don’t have the glyphs. go farm those and you can perma fly.

2 Likes

I see dragon riding as a quest vehicle implemented as a mount.
I have zero interest.

3 Likes

Like Drax in GotG 2 being pulled behind the ship bouncing off every tree they could hit, lol

You should use Surge Forward as your first airborne ability whenever possible. Your goal is to gain the Thrill of the Skies buff as soon as possible.

Surge Forward also grants bonus momentum when used at slow speeds so it offers more benefit when used before other abilities.

If your goal is simply to gain altitude, then everyone here saying to point up and use Skyward Ascent is correct.

It’s easier for me to just use a ground mount & flightpaths to get where I’m going unless flying is required for access. I don’t like it and not looking good to ever like it. I think somehow I missed what the point of it is over regular flying.

4 Likes

How? If I can’t stay in the air? at this point, i hate it so much I have zero gumption left to even try

so much this

1 Like

I’m loving it. I love the speed, the racing, and the weaving through obstacles. It’s all a welcome departure from air-swim.

1 Like

Thanks! Very helpful instead of berating.

3 Likes

There are low glyphs in each zone. You can try to collect them first. You can use a Handynotes addon to find them. Fly through them and gather them up. Leave Thaldrazus for last as some are difficult to get.

It can take a while. It took me about three hours to get them all. You might be able to have someone with more experience fly you through them as well since all Dragonriding mounts allow a passenger, once you unlock it at Skytop Observatory.

Once you’ve collected all the glyphs, you’ll have six vigor and more methods to rebuild them while flying or gathering. Races will be easier as well.

4 Likes

My wife apparently… You should go dragon riding with her sometime… Its an event… and this woman drives 500 miles for work each week and has never been in an accident… Its a gd. miracle ill tell ya.

2 Likes

hahahaha noooooo

1 Like

20 tries??? Jeez lol. I never found the races to be even close to that hard…

2 Likes

Thanks for the reminder of how annoying the system is.

2 Likes

lol was nothing compared to the fiasco of me finding my way to Valdrakken. If I’d made a video it would be epic (for laughs). Still not sure how I finally got into the zone but somehow landed in the city limits and was like ‘I’ll take it.’

1 Like

Working in the engineering field has shown me that one should NEVER be surprised by that. But then, that has to be a universal truth, eh?

yes. kept missing that last little slight direction change and winding up off course, usually right on several mobs