For those against sharding at launch

No. We are okay with beginning sharding because it is TEMPORARY as in it won’t be there forever. Or maybe you’re just too blind to see that?

I’ll have you know I do NOT like you as of this reply. You’re just the type of ars that thinks they know everything. Pathetic.

Yeah I dont care.

Well you are wrong. You’re just an anti-Classic player here trying to ruin it for everyone else. Simple as that.

No I’m not. I want classic as much as anyone. The only reason I’m even still playing BfA is just to have something to kill time with. What I am not though is someone who makes demands and then is unwilling to bend a little to issues that Blizzard may need to deal with to make things work.

I speak about the reality of it, not the dream of it. There are things Blizzard may need to do, even if they really don’t want too. You might as well make your peace with that now

1 Like

Right up until you have “a dynamic respawn” spawn on top of you and eat your face. Vanilla’s own respawn rates were close enough to doing exactly that to me on a few occasions, I don’t need to be dealing with it on steroids.

sorry, I don’t know too much about vanilla. In theory for me at a hyped launch like this, it makes much more sense than going for that mob and it disappearing on you.

I might be wrong but I think that issue tends to be more of CRZ/phasing issue rather than sharding directly.

Yes you are.

No you don’t.

So what you are saying is that you assume everyone else will be like you? That’s really naive. Where’s the 12mill strong in player subs then? Why have so many not come back? Even when WoD was fabled to bring WoW back it only topped 10mill and that shorted out when they realized it was all farce.

Blizzard has other ways to make things work. Sharding is the worst.

I do understand, in fact I wouldn’t be heartbroken if they did a TEMPORARY. get this, TEMPORARY sharding for AQ Gate myself. As long as it is not PERMANENT. But the levels of sharding seen on current? No they are just saving money.

btw where’s that “Yeah I don’t care”?

Like said you’re an anti-classic troll if you think you know exactly how people will act even when they’ve shown otherwise. That or naive.

That’s CRZ/phasing.

That idea would still be very disruptive, as suddenly a bunch of new guilds with an established group and fans would appear on your server. What if that was a streamer whose fanbois got merged in, after you’d specifically avoided those servers etc.

If it has to be done that way, that’s got some potential, but still painful.

I seriously doubt that there’s not going to be significant either advertisement, or widespread word of mouth. Everyone playing today (10.1 mil subs pre BFA) will get an email about it at a minimum. And tons of people I know are already calling/texting/emailing old friends to be ready when the release date is announced.

Yes, when everyone thinks that choosing non-sharded makes you “elite” and then you have 50 people camping every spawn point in the barrens for weeks on end.

You don’t give people that sort of choice, and expect them not to pretend they’re in the “old school” or “cool” kids.

Not at any point have I ever said I wanted to see sharding to the levels of live servers, nor will you ever hear that come out of my mouth.

You can believe what you want about me, I’m really not worried about the opinion of 1 random forum guy.

I’ve played every version of this game. I’ve come and gone countless times because I didn’t like things. So yes I’ll be right there in Classic leveling, pvping, doing some 5 mans and helping my guildies out just like I did back then.

Is Vanilla my favorite version of WoW? Nah, I liked Wrath and TBC better, but that doesn’t mean I didn’t and won’t enjoy my years playing it once again.

Like that’s going to be effective. My WoW account sits an e-mail address just for it from back in the paranoid about security pre-2FA login options. I’ve gone entire years between checking that particular account. A number of people probably no longer remember which e-mail account their Blizzard account is even on, never-mind how to get into it. As such, sending an e-mail there does exactly nothing. They’re going to have to hear about it from somebody else.

I’m going to go out on a limb here and suggest you’re in the rare case. Most people have the account on their normal email, or have moved it since.

And 10.1 mil subs wasn’t the 2010 number. It was the 2017 number, after BFA pre-order came out. So half of those people are new players who either re-joined since 2015, or started since then. Which means that at least 5 million of them are pretty sure which email address they used.

In which case about 5 million of them are probably not the target audience for Classic WoW.

But that would be THEIR choice, would it not?

Sure, Johnny might make a choice that he later regrets, but that happens frequently in life. We all have to live with the consequences of our choices.

Johnny can always reroll on a shared server if he decides that the unsharded server is too crowded and not for him.

It would be a non-choice. Which is worse than giving a choice. And it wouldn’t be “little Johnny” who suffers the consequences. It’d be those of us who actually were in Vanilla, and want a similar experience. There were not 5 million players in Vanilla.

Who said you wanted sharding? I called you anti-classic simple as that. That and wanting to ruin it for everyone else.

Good. I am glad to hear that.

And you think everyone else is just like you right? This “come and gone” idea that people will just get upset over something but “oh well they’ll be back!” I’ve known a LOT of people both irl and from the game that had a major issue get them off of it and they never came back.

Yeah well sorry but sharding was what did it for me. I’ve not come back, my only hope and reason for even being here is Classic and the idea to keep it from being ruined.

I hope they don’t include it. Wouldn’t leaving sharding out encourage grouping?!? That’s part of the social aspect of this game, as compared to current WoW. If you can’t get a mob, group with people. I don’t think dividing the community is the answer. That early interaction could form friendships. We don’t need our hands held.

It would be a CHOICE.

Do you want to play on a server that has sharding and will possibly be more stable and have less competition?

or

Do you want to play on a server that has no sharding, will likely have periods of instability and crashes and on which there will likely be fierce competition for mobs, quest mobs, quest objectives, resources, etc.?

That is a CHOICE.

1 Like