For the love of god let us transfer

I don’t know what else to say. I am so incredibly frustrated that my Alt has been trapped on Erakinus since Wrath release. I had zero idea that if I transferred it I would never be able to transfer it back to Benediction (where my main/guild is).

These server issues have destroyed so much of Classic. It’s so depressing.

/rant

8 Likes

You should be able to transfer off of Erakinus actually. You should try submitting a bug report.

1 Like

They literally mentioned that it was a one way transfer and there was no guarantee you would be able to transfer back. In fact, at the time they mentioned mega servers would be locked “indefinitely”, and they were effectively ending mega servers due to the technical problems they caused.

They have no intention of letting them be flooded again and pushed into queues, etc.

I’m certain you can transfer off Eranikus though…

2 Likes

I think it was a pretty fair inference that if you could still create new characters on mega-servers (i.e. you still had characters on it), then you would be able to transfer your alts back. I don’t think that was an unreasonable assumption, and if Blizz was going to screw us this hard they should have made that clearer.

They couldn’t have made it any clearer than they did. Why would they let you transfer back if their intention was to make those servers smaller?

2 Likes

It was made incredibly clear at the time. You read it how you wanted it. But good luck.

1 Like

I mean, no, it wasn’t.

What they said was that the Mega Realms were going to be locked, but that if you had a character on that Realm then you could create new characters on that Realm from the same account. If you can create new character, then you should be able to transfer your others. It still ends with the same 1:1 ratio on that Realm, and does not increase the population since I can only be logged in one character from my account anyway.

Saying what they said was “incredibly clear” is disingenuous.

But it was incredibly clear.

They assume, correctly IMO, that you’ll play your main more than your alts. So you’d be logged on to the server longer.

It was incredibly clear if you read anything at all during the time they opened up the transfers.

Lol how? Like honestly… how could you have not known? I seriously just do not understand. Are you living under a rock? It was all over the forums that this would happen.

Ignore my previous post. I read further and found my answer. You’re just dumb.

1 Like

I am literally reading through Blizzard’s post on Servers/Mega-Realms that they released back in September.

First off, it’s like a 6-Page Blue Post filled with numbers and data and points and counter-points. Anyone saying that it was “incredibly clear” is just smoking the coolaid.

Second, here is the paragraph that talks about transfers/new character creations:

We have disabled new character creation and incoming paid transfers to the US and EU mega-realms, and they will remain locked indefinitely.

This was a difficult choice that we feel is very heavy-handed. By doing this, we will cut off opportunities for new and returning players to join their friends on these large realms, possibly for many months. However, the situation on these realms is completely untenable, and even if we can eliminate queues in the short term, this is going to continue to be a problem when new content releases as long as mega-realms exist. As a result, we’ve made the choice to effectively close US and EU mega-realms to new and additional incoming players indefinitely. We will also be monitoring our other realms and will take similar steps if they begin to inch into mega-realm territory in the future, and we may do so with little to no warning. We’ve been hesitant to this because we really dislike restricting player movements and potentially breaking up social circles, but that ethos is no longer compatible with the reality we find ourselves in.

Now, once again, the statement “We have disabled new character creation” was not a true statement. New character creation WAS NOT disabled for accounts that had already existing characters on a mega-server, and so that post right there is already not clear. Further on that point, since you could create new characters on mega-realms, it wasn’t absurd to think that you could transfer your character back once the transfer-period lockout was over.

Idk. Ya’ll want to pretend it was just some crystal clear one sentence post go ahead you’re just trolling.

I think your wishful thinking is influencing your ability to interpret facts.

They openly said they intend to end the megaserver. Couple that statement with the fact that their server management is completely abhorrent, and I think you would have to be really clueless to not know at some level that you were taking a one way ticket.

1 Like

“We have disabled new character creation and incoming paid transfers to the US and EU mega-realms, and they will remain locked indefinitely.”

That was the statement people are referring to as “incredibly clear.” That statement is inherently inaccurate because new character creation was not disabled for accounts that had characters on Bene/Grobb/etc.

Once again, and for the last time, since new character creation was not disabled, I don’t think it was absurd to assume that we could transfer our characters back as long as we still had one on Bene/Grobb.

Your “alts” are on Eranikus … the most medium/balanced server in wow at the moment.

You’ll be fine.

1 Like

Actually, anyone who took the transfer within the first 2-3 days DIDN’T know that because it was never stated in the original post. The post was edited 2-3 days later to say that the servers were gonna be locked and locked indefinitely. All that was said in the FIRST version of the post was that transfers may be turned off without warning. The part about the servers being locked and locked indefinitely was ninja added 2-3 days later.

For all you know, they could hate god.
:axe:

2 Likes

why did you go to eranikus ha

Ok, and? Those are two different categories which you are conflating but are completely different. A locked server is locked to transfers in. Locked servers don’t disallow character creation for accounts that have characters there already.

1 Like