For the four of you that still want covenants locked

From a story point of view, it makes more sense to stick to one. Or to have to prove yourself to another if you want to switch.

8 Likes

Does it?

we do world quests for each covenant, complete and receive emissary rewards, clear dungeons in each zone defeating powerful enemies to protect them, and now we’re uniting covenants going in to the next raid to defeat a common enemy.

10 Likes

Of course you do darling. You picked yours for the cosmetics. :nail_care:

3 Likes

How to tell someone you’re night fae without telling them you’re night fae: “I’m an affliction warlock”, or “I’m a fire mage.”

Great system, though, Blizz. I’m sure all us warlocks just love glowy trees that much.

5 Likes

What’s hilarious is I hated this covenant before I got into the story. I was set on Venthyr because I love the gothic vampire style. When it came down to making a choice I didn’t care about meta or had any idea what spec I was going to main, still don’t. I chose Kyrian because I enjoyed the back story and zone more than any of the others. Plus Divine Toll feels better to play with to me than any of the other abilities. It brings more excitement to a pretty terrible rotation.

PS: And Owls <3

5 Likes

This is exactly why the ripcord is bad. You think I enjoy conjoke? It’s just macro’d to my CA and trinkets. I wish I could play Necrolord when I’m not pushing hard but as things are now I’m stuck with a boring ability 24/7.

2 Likes

How do you know it’s only four people?

2 Likes

I’m not worried about an additional ability. I think my class feels pretty terrible in general.

I could care less about the covenant system. They need to make classes feel good again. Especially for when we move past shadowlands.

2 Likes

People don’t owe you an explanation or justification of their opinions you know?
If they like covenants, they like covenants. Easy as that.
If you don’t like them, you don’t like them - also fine.

What are you trying to accomplish with this thread? Make people change their opinion or pressure them into acting like they share yours? Make them feel bad cause they like covenants even though you don’t? Like what’s the point?

We all didn’t decide how covenants were implemented.

11 Likes

Missed the point. Liking covenants has nothing to do with them being time-gated when you want to swap. If anyhing, the more you like them the more you should want to see the others with your character.

It has nothing to do with liking covenants or not. It has to do with why people want them to be so restricted.

8 Likes

Still same answer: They like it, you don’t - deal with it.

I mean say they explained it to you, what would you do? Explain to them why their opinion is wrong and yours is right when neither they nor you decided how covenants were implemented?

An easy quick reason I can think of is they’ve gotten used to how it is and don’t want constant extreme changes within expansions on top of constant extreme changes between expansions.

6 Likes

These posts are the epitome of “it’s all over but the crying”.

No ripcord. Get used to it. Move on.

5 Likes

This is a forum. It’s used for discussion. If someone answered my question, I would discuss it.

For your answer, if they’ve gotten used to one covenant… why would they have to change if they unlocked them more? If they didn’t want extreme change, could they not just stay the same covenant?

I “deal with it” by still playing the game. I’m on the forums to discuss the game. If that bothers you then get off the forums. That’s what they’re here for.

And I do like covenants. I like them because they offer an opportunity to play different builds. What I dislike is that conduit energy and locking the ability to swap means the systems are seriously underutilized as I cannot experiment with the different possible builds.

I want to play more of the game, not less of it. What you are arguing for means less.

2 Likes

Druids that have cleared Mythic CN as Necro:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/26#class=Druid&covenant=4

Top druids in m+ that are necro:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/25#class=Druid&covenant=4

Current top rated druid in rated 3v3 is Necro

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/kelthuzad/kubyzy
https://www.arenamate.net/US/kelthuzad/Kubyzy/history#!3v3

Tell us why you feel obligated to staying with a cov you dont enjoy, is it because you just are not good enough at being a druid?.

5 Likes

This is a bad argument in every topic it comes up in.

Something being designed to lock you into a choice or way of playing results in an entirely different experience then an individual opting to avoid certain functionality while surrounded by millions of others who will not be making that choice.

Someone choosing not to fly in a world where everyone is flying around them just gimps them, makes it more likely to be too late to tag mobs, more likely to be ganked and unable to retaliate because they’re already gone, unable to escape because you can’t keep away from them.

It’s the same with this.

Choosing not to swap in a world where swapping is not detrimental just gimps your performance in comparison to those that don’t care about the choice and just swap to be strongest for each form of content (or even specific boss/instance).

Not at all the same as the game not allowing it.

10 Likes

No I didn’t mean they got used to one covenant. I meant they got used to the distribution of classes, specs and abilities. Maybe they also have limited time and are aware changing this might also change things like legendaries etc. which maybe they don’t want to grind new ones again and again and again. There’s many layers to what people could’ve gotten used to. - and, again, that was just one example I could think of for a reason. People don’t tend to like changes a lot.

On another note, I do agree conduit energy is completely redundant and I have no idea why it exists.

So why do arguments of “you don’t need that extra 5 dps” apply to people that want to swap covenants but not to those that feel like they’d have to swap if it were unlocked?

That just flips that entire argument on its head.

If there aren’t enough people that don’t want to swap covenants at all to fill their own groups, then does that not mean the people that like the feature as is is a horrificly small demographic.

2 Likes

I like the conduit energy recharge. Gives meaning to that aspect of the game. I do, however despise Pathfinder. If I have to suffer theough Pathfinder for reasons, then others should suffer conduit recharge for reasons. It’s only fair.

Catering the game to be built around people with limited playtime is not a good thing. That’s how you lose depth and turn the game into a cookie cutter mobile game.

Unlocking covenants for those that do have time should not at all interfere with those that don’t want to. If they don’t want to swap, they just won’t.

1 Like

Yes, this actually removes choices imo. In a game without save scumming, which everyone who plays single player rpgs does unless they have self imposed restrictions does, making choices that hard to change is anti-fun and anti-choice.

It’s a choice when you’re able to switch whenever you want and choose not to.

Yes, it’s still a choice when you choose not to switch because it’s too much time spend to be worth it, but I don’t know anyone who actively enjoys that being a reason to make a choice in a video game.

Dunno why people would ever support less choice over more choice when you’re able to play as though you can’t switch covenants by choosing not to switch in any situation.

2 Likes