For all the Ret Paladins…

You play the best tank and healing class in the game. If you want to DPS, play a real DPS class and stop complaining.

22 Likes

If these kids could read they’d be very upset

17 Likes

PvP wise… Im an hpala guy but i respect a good Ret that knows how to play like a support class and not a pink warrior. Find one of those, and you’ll see the value in Ret.

They’re also (Ret) quite good in PvP in S8, in certain comps. If you’ve never experienced a skilled MM/Ret in 2s or cupid cleave in 3s in s8 on patch 3.3 5… well, you’re in for a surprise. MM & Ret synergy is insane in the right hands, and its going to get a lot better in the later phases.

5 Likes

Hey atleast there’s one person out there that respects ret.

1 Like

I don’t expect Blizzard to admit they made a mistake balancing Ret on having their tier 10 2-set. The only positive side effect is that there were WAY too many ret re-rollers in pre-patch and I’m happy most of them are now gone. I’ll just put my head down and do my thing. I figure after seeing the dumpster fire we’re going to be by mid Ulduar they might reconsider and make a negligible change or two. Such is life.

There’s Paladin Retribution 1,632,797parses
Paladin Protection 905,225 parses
Paladin Justicar 1,452,313 parses
Paladin Holy 3,365,322 parses
If you add justicar and prot theres 2.35 million prot parses 3.36million holy parses and 1.6m ret with the weakness of ret theres going to be even more prot and holy bloat.

Well, if they play ret, they obviously do not play the best tank and heal.
Also, most raids rather search for dps, then for a tank or heal.
Also, most people are on the side that blood dk is the best tank (i personally disagree, for me Protpally is the best)

1 Like

So we should nerf these specs too then? :slight_smile:

Sure if we nerf paladin into the ground so that its bad in every spec and the class is unviable than they’ll rework it! They even said so!

1 Like

Hunter, Rogue, Mage only have 2 specs that are viable. Paladin have 2 specs that are viable and Ret is ABOVE in DPS the aforementioned DPS classes 3rd Specs.

1 Like

No one cares about dps specs 3rd pvp spec its not a compelling case no matter how many times you make it.

A ret paladin killed me in pvp nerf ret

1 Like

Rets don’t kill me?

no they kill me

A ret that’s basically melee support is awesome.

That’s why you bring them.

If they only use LoH on themselves after the tank dies…

Almost every server I check is just under 17% Paladins, pretty ridiculous to be honest.

ht tps://ironforge.pro/population/classic/Sulfuras/

Well, those third specs are obviously meant to be PvP specs. Ret was intended to be (finally) viable and strong in Wrath. The state they’re currently in is based on a tier set bonus that isn’t even in the game yet. No one can argue that that isn’t extremely stupid.

4 Likes

Ret is a pvp spec!

1 Like

That would make them the only class in the entire game that doesn’t have a PvE DPS spec. That doesn’t exist, lol. Just like Feral or Balance for Druids, Ret CAN be a PvP spec but it shouldn’t HAVE to be.

Specs are a thing of the past. It’s about roles. 100% of the roles available to Hunter, Rogue, and Mage are viable (Damage Dealer)

Not saying ret isn’t viable, just that it’s incomparable.

1 Like