Follower dungeons

Still disappointing and still capped at 10 per day I suppose. I was really hoping for a leveling alternative that did not have spastic a DH pulling the whole instance on zone in.

9 Likes

I think they are feeling out the server load after it calms down in a little bit, since they don’t have infinite server capacity.

5 Likes

Obviously, as an M+ player, I am happy with speedrun (human) groups where the tank pulls a lot and we can finish the dungeon quickly. I would say there will be even more of these groups in human runs because people who prefer a relaxed/slower pace will go in these new follower dungeons (and the remaining population of human leveling dungeon runners will have a higher proportion of people who prefer a speedrun). As a result, human runs will be even faster comparatively and I don’t think the follower dungeons need an XP reduction.

9 Likes

What is the point of any reduction?

29 Likes

Great news :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

Here’s to hoping the 10 a day limit gets lifted in the near future once the server hamsters get used to all the new dungeon instances that they have to carry now.

3 Likes

Presumably to encourage people play group content for more exp.

5 Likes

I can’t wait to see if the followers act like real players.
Those players who pay no attention to mechanics and just hope for the best and of course those who stand in anything that pops up.
Healers who sigh with aggravation because of antics of players.
Tanks who just run along gathering up mobs 5 miles ahead of the group who are still 4 rooms back fighting a few odd mobs that just won’t give up. Then get grouched at because we can’t keep up.

That makes for a really fun experience and more realistic.

Seriously though, I do hope they are close to normal as possible, especially if they are supposed to teach the dungeon to people.

So it’s no use, it won’t be of any use, unfortunately it won’t be very useful, not to mention a waste of time, everyone was excited, that is until now GG

3 Likes

It’ll be useful for those who don’t wanna group with others for one reason or another.

Because of lack of faster/easier leveling? That was never the purpose of the mode.

7 Likes

In terms of xp/hour, though, especially if you’re healing, human dungeons are already twice as good (or more) than solo bot dungeons. You also get the random bonus. An xp reduction on the bot dungeons is overkill.

7 Likes

Also they are constantly trying to get knocked off the platform and die where its possible

Exactly

4 Likes

Why discourage players from the playing the game? Everyone doesn’t need to play the same way.

It is bad for the health of the game.

16 Likes

Game devs take ideas from each other all the time.

1 Like

But we don’t get the LFG bonus at the end so that’s already a harsh reduction in xp

8 Likes

I disagree with the conclusion about human groups for one reason - The ability to stop and start at YOUR own whim such as answering the door, getting a snack etc is more alluring than saving 5 minutes.

But I am glad we agree that the gating XP and instance cap per day should be gone.

9 Likes

Unless you are tanking, it’s no problem to afk in a human group as long as you tell people brb or something. I never accept vote kick on someone who said brb, that is generally considered rude to do. I don’t mind if anyone needs a snack or bathroom etc. in leveling dungeons at all.

1 Like

I have seen people kicked for afk even telling the group.

6 Likes

That is bad, I vote no on any vote kick if they said brb or afk sec or anything like that. If they are afk for like 10 minutes I might see why (because the dungeon might take that long) but especially if it is a few minutes or less I vote no on that.

1 Like

I didn’t even get a chance to vote… I guess three of the votes to kick were super fast.

2 Likes