Follower Dungeons FOR LEVELING!

Blizzard,

You missed a huge opportunity. People aren’t really excited about follower dungeons at level 60. They don’t really teach you how to do anything, they are slow, and they offer very little experience.

However, this would be an awesome system for lower level, LEVELING players!

Let us have the option to que for a follower dungeon at level 15. This is where we have a better chance to learn how to play a dungeon. It also offers a much faster queue as a leveling character. Instead of waiting 45 minutes for a dungeon we could use followers and just hop right in. It evens out the low population issue for leveling characters.

Will you please expand follower dungeons so we can use it right away at level 15?

77 Likes

Would be a great idea for new tanks and healers

28 Likes

It’s sad now.

4 Likes

I think this is where they intend on going. They’re just rolling it out in little burst.

19 Likes

They aren’t really for leveling though (except during crazy xp bonus events maybe). They make sense for current expansion content to do quests and get you familiar with the new dungeon content in whatever role you want. If these were used for low levels you’d spend probably 2 hours a level.

Atm with rested experience and no bonus experience you get 600xp per elite mob in these, which is 300xp per without at level 60+. With a dungeon quest or two of course that improves, but it’s not much.

However, as a training tool for new tanks, healers, or dps it might not be a bad way to familiarize people at low levels as a practice aid with limited runs.

2 Likes

They released it now to just kick the tires on it. However it’s really for the new expansion and I’m sure as others said it’s also testing for delves.

9 Likes

I took a gigantic break from retail as many have and played classic. Not SOD but all classic expansions. Recently I returned to retail and try a few lower level dungeons as healer and what I experienced was something I have never seen before and it’s concerning. As a long time player I noticed players don’t have any interest in watching mechanics or even working together. Half the dps went one way and the other half followed the tank as we should. I also noticed as a level 35 healer that heals were hardly needed and mana was never an issue. It was to put it nicely the most BORING experience I have had in wow. I truly believe blizz doesn’t care about the game anymore. But their SHOP is till open. /cry.

3 Likes

I want it expanded to cover everything. PVP, raids and hard difficulty dungeons. Solo play is a huge selling point and should be an option for any group content.

You like money. This will make you more money blizz.

15 Likes

ok im not sure why people are raggin on the follower dungeons… so I have 2 characters. one main and one evoker… I ran thru my evoker and it gave me great loot at the end … I have been running my main char this one… and the follwer dungeons are great for farming material for you professions im tailor and boy oh boy I was happy… and im a enchanter gave me alot of stuff to disenchant… also guess what they drop 15 flightstone per run, farming flight stones need those to upgarade my gear… so im happy with the follower dungeons… “you play the game dont let the game play you …”

disclaimer they prob had this avail a long time ago to test the dungeons for the employees who had to do the tech stuff… and tweak the dungoesn and the route and the mechanics that what it feels like

4 Likes

Probably intended in the future.
Would be a great way for new tanks healers to learn dungeons as they level up.
If it happens I will do so.
Having been a rank/healer in Wow in the past (recent return), I would use this to level as tank/healer.
I would not group with real people to learn dungeons now due to the prevalent mmo speed runner attitude, mentality, and behaviour.
I would prefer to learn at my own pace and become comfortable in my role before dealing with umm you know → attitudes.
On my recent return, I stayed the hell away from all dungeons and just quested my way up not learning anything about new strategies within roles.
I do hope it isn’t long before it is available in all dungeons.

9 Likes

You don’t have any abilities to use inside of a dungeon at 15.

At least at 60 you’ve got the bulk of your abilities and able to chain things together to actually try to learn something.

Plus they were never meant to teach you. They’re there so you can see the dungeons and flesh out the story lines.

So what you are saying is, you want the bot brigade to level you while you afk at the start of a dungeon? Don’t tell me that isn’t how it will go because it 100% will. People did this exact same thing in AV back in the day to farm honor, now you want it for exp. No, you are playing an MMO which means you need to engage with other players or go play some other solo adventure game.

2 Likes

They’re probably going to do this later, after looking at a ton of proprietary data about how the DragonFlight follower dungeons work. There’s probably a lot of programming that needs to be done behind the scenes to make the dungeons of past expansions work.

Let’s just see how this plays out. I know I’ll be checking them out, and probably frequenting them heavily.

4 Likes

Instant dps queue lol

:point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2:

4 Likes

They’re not a tutorial. They’re just there for the story, to do your quests, see what the dungeon is like, maybe practice a new spec.

2 Likes

lmao…spoken as someone who hasnt actually run them yet.
Stand at the gate and see how well that works out lol

NO, son, Im playing a game that lets me LEVEL by FARMING ORE and HERB NODES SOLO for my time investment SANS you being there lmao…NOT 'MMO", lmao…and so we can expect the SAME level of experience for running even an AI assisted dungeon for the same time investment.

There is ZERO reason for you to be in this thread railing at anyone. You go play your game and stop concerning yourself about ours.

16 Likes

But your crap directly affects my game. It always does. Can’t farm enough gold? Casuals got the wow token and broke the economy. Keys were to hard? Nerfed to where everyone is in over +20 keys. Oh amirdrassil was hard? A month of straight nerds so you can kill a pixel. Yeah sure bub.

4 Likes

More of Blizzard’s “more people would group up if they could learn how” philosophy. No, Bliz, people who hate grouping will just find something else to do.

4 Likes

You do realize they have to start it out in a testing way right? This is exactly what FFXIV did with their trust system(AI dungeons).

First they did only shadowbringer dungeons as a “testing” alpha method, and from there it got better and better and more dungeons are getting AI trust including base game ones now. This type of thing is something you expand slowly because AIs have to be programmed to be told what to do and how to react. Its not a instant thing you like think it is OP.

5 Likes