Follower dungeon XP watch

There is no logical reason to nerf the experience by 80% especially when you get no random dungeon bonus experience. I don’t understand this at all.

5 Likes
  • It’s probably a pretty expensive endeavour.
  • It will probably increase the cost of making all future dungeons.
  • Its purpose is unclear. If it’s to train people how to run with a group, and it’s not an actual machine learning AI that learns from how people do run dungeons, it’s just going to teach people how bots run dungeons.
  • It will serve as wedge issue for endless requests for loot bearing m+ and raid with followers.
  • Long term it will probably be as engaging as any other solo player content, which isn’t that engaging.
1 Like

I have already received a “Thank you for the feedback, we’re monitoring feedback on it. Appreciate it” and “we hear you” on twitter, and I am using the in game tool now. I encourage others to do the same. Calmly.

I want to be reasonable here. No one sane is asking it to usurp LFD, there should be a premium for moving the queue and engaging with the crapshoot that the community can be… but putting it behind pet battles and gathering BY WHOLE ENTIRE DIGITS is just ridiculous.

I leveled entire jobs in FFXIV with 3-4 runs of the same dungeon per level with their NPC parties, and count that as some of the best non-MSQ gameplay time spent in their game. I always said “if WoW does this, they win,” as WoW has the best dungeons in MMORPGs, hands down, and that opinion is formed from copious experience.

Those in this thread and others related to the topic, please use the proper channels and be respectful, but convey your feelings. They are valid. We aren’t crazy. MMOs can hold us and those that really want that interdependent experience just fine without robbing either.

At the end of the day, those who leave “queueing as a rule” for follower dungeons… probably didn’t want to be in queue, or would like to try a role, in a leveling capacity without judgment. Nothing in that desire says “deprive them of XP then” to someone arguing in good faith.

Finally, and to reiterate, this isn’t just a solo activity, this is a “my wife and I just want to play together without complications” activity. This is a 1-4 player activity that is set before the level cap, which means the XP should respect the time spent. It hurts no one to have this undertaking do so.

10 Likes

QFT. I love this game and have played since launch, but the players? Yeah.

If I dont know you IRL, it better be a quick group for kill or quest then done. I have no desire to become a best friend online.

Honestly, most people are treated like NPCs in this game anyway by almost everyone.

2 Likes

yeah after teasing it for HOW many weeks without stating its intent?

Latest development:

Appreciate that they’ve backpedaled a bit on this, but still don’t understand why there’s an xp reduction at all. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I’ll take it! This is all I wanted! As a foundation that can be added to, this is more than ok! I intended to play only rested anyway so this is fine for me to start!

1 Like

except…they didnt say that. The programmed the feature in the PTR WITH FULL XP. They wait till the last moment before nerfing it. Classic monkey paw. I know that I will not be buying the next expansion until I can see what they monkey paw in that.

2 Likes

So disappointing. I know there had to be at least one team putting a ton of work into this feature, but now I just have to wonder why? Who and what did they think they were making this for?

Its not for gearing. 1 random item drop for an entire dungeon? nope

I suspect two things were pushing for this. The anti “Go Go Go” complaints and developers that thought it looked like something that was going to be a fun challenge. I’ve made that mistake in my career.

1 Like

Thanks again for pointing this out, I’ve made an edit to the OP as well with this link!

I tried it 1 time today. No more. 464 xp for a boss a 1 piece of gear at the end. waste of development time. The devs hyped it like filet mignon and delivered a baloney sandwich.

right. get rid of wpvp and make pvp be BG only. that will help player retention. That is if the game is supposed to be group only. if not then it is fine.

this isnt M+ no key. just thought you should know. With this mess, If I want to learn a new spec I can just cue and let the other players deal with it. Sounds like fun.

Was that 1 piece of gear completely random or at least usable for your class?

it was usable. not very good, but usable.

If that was the intended use they wouldnt have programmed it with xp rewards, only to nuke it 2 days out. They knew perfectly well what was happening.

1 Like

I think this is what makes ‘debates’ over these things so funny. People finding logical reasoning to Blizzard’s decisions when they have shown repeatedly that they’re a hot mess, all over the place, and out of touch.

2 Likes

it’s supposed to be an alternative, not necessarily a superior one. i don’t think the designers have said they want solo players to be rewarded more than anyone else, that’s something people here invented.