Focusing the EYE: Is this quest Doable solo?

Hi Holy priest and have attempted this quest several times only to die with barely any pogress. I use the spear to hit the smaller eye but they all gang up on me and kill me. ANy tips?

3 Likes

Small eyes have low HP, you should be able to kill them. Maybe go Shadow because they barely do any damage.

You are supposed to use the golden spears on the big one. Throw 5 spears and it will be over.

Im Shadow I agree this quest is tough… Ive used the spears and no luck… I cant heal myself, so I die

2 Likes

PS… This is my Hunter, But my Priest is Shadow …

I can solo all the named mobs in Ardenweald except the World Boss and I died over and over doing this quest. Finally, based on tips from Wowhead, I just ignored the small eyes and attacked the big eye along with the NPC allies until it got to 80%. You have to move around to avoid the “ghosts” that drain your hps and it is a long fight, comparatively speaking, but it works once the big eye gets to 80%. Much better than dying over and over. I’m not sure what the person who said the eyes have low hp and don’t hit hard was thinking. These hit VERY hard and have very high defenses and/or hps. Good luck, I was stuck in the campaign at this point for three days until I did this “work around.” This step in the campaign is just stupid.

9 Likes

Ugh, btw, the above was with my Blood Elf fire mage, not my level 12 hunter. :slight_smile:

Hey all, thanks for the feed back. I finally got this yesterday after 2 days if dying and losing stygia. I used the spear and downed the small eyes being very careful not to aggro several of them at once. Also I avoided standing in any and all stuff as they take my health down by 50% in one hit. It took a while using Holy DPS but as I was able to heal myself (I went thru all of my heaviest heals) I finally got it. Good thing was once I got them all down I didnt have much to do with the main eye as the cutscene came in ending the quest.

Mainpoint was not aggroing several of the small eyes at once and avoiding any and all damage on ground. I do belevie that DPS only shd ask a healer to assist them if possible. Not sure how I would have faired with no heals.

2 Likes

warmode on, Void volley pvp talent, greater fade, & driven to madness… do normal PVE rotation to build insanity, than errupt and do the burst rotation… use greater fade and DONT ATTACK, just heal for those 3 seconds(attacking during greater fade turns it off)… cycle greater fade w/ heals, dispersion, use VE+power infusion+erruption…

that fight is cake

Ok so yesterday I also had a little difficulty with this one. First of All… Let the Golden Girls that come to help you … Hit the Big Eye… Go in strike the mobs to get the arrow to drop… Use that arrow, it will hit the Big Eye and a little eye will come for you… try to target this little eye, and back away from the mobs in the middle, Kill the mob you pulled away… Do Not use that arrow more than once while your killing a small eye because another eye will attack you. Leave those arrows until you need to kill another little eye, and do One arrow at a time for your kills. I kept thinking I had to click on those arrows too, and I got destroyed. So once I learned to only concentrate on One Little Eye at a time,… I was successful in this quest. It took me at Least 4 tries and some investigation before I completed this. And I had to kill all the Little eyes, and NOT the BIG EYE! After you kill the Little eyes, A Video will pop on and tell you what’s up. And your done.

9 Likes

I did it with my marksmanship blood elf hunter. !!! I took the advice above to ignore the small eyes. I just kept shooting at the big eye until it got down to 80%. I stood on the small ledges around the outside. When ever I got hit with a white spiral I ran to the next small ledge to my right and kept firing. Best of luck :slight_smile:

I was able to do it on my warrior with some struggle, but had no problems on my beastmastery hunter, however I am going crazy on my ret pally and can’t beat this at all :rage:

2 Likes

What the F are you talking about? The fight is very easy. Focus dps on the small eyes and when you have a spear aim it to the big one.

I’ve done it with no problems with my Shaman 220, Warrior 203 and Monk 205; no danger at all.

I did it on my Ret Pally main and once I knew what to do it was fairly easy.

But knowing what to do is the main thing. Pick up the spears, focus on the smaller eyes and watch where you are standing.

1 Like

So Tiffany I am trying to figure out your Post … And WHY you Ignored the Small eyes?.. You need to pull those small eyes one at a time and kill them before your video will pop on and close this scenario. the Golden Girls there to Help you should have been shooting at that Big Eye, Except when your shooting that Spear, Then it will target the Big eye, and a little eye will come after you at the same time…I completed this on my Sublety Rogue. Just in case your interestef.

1 Like

I completed this quest, it was easier than I thought … I didnt mess with the little eyes or spears… I just targeted the big eye, danced around to aviod the ghosts and at around 80% the video started and done ,

2 Likes

I watched several of the videos, and even heard from other people what to do, but until I saw this post I was confused.

As a Balance Druid, I made sure I had my three different heal spells on the bar, plus Convoke of the Spirits. I used one spear to bring an eye down, draw it away and ran counter-clockwise around. Stopped to fire off a few DPS, and ran again. Every now and then I would fire off a Rejuvenation to keep regenerating my HP. I try to avoid the white spirals. There is a time when I would get caught up in the white crosshairs. When that happens I run as far away as possible and in circles, stopping long enough to fire off a heal if needed. I break range and then I can go back to DPSing the small eye.

I also went back to my Oakheart set that supposedly has a Frenzied Regeneration, but I don’t think that worked in this scenario.

Got it done first try after reading this post. Thanks for it!

PS I apparently set this as my DH alt some time back, but I go through content with my NE Druid first after every patch/expansion.

1 Like

I wonder if this is bugged for some people?
If I shoot the arrow ONCE it has all six little eyes on me right away, and every time I go in there it’s all covered in a white haze, that never clears, I can hardly even see what I’m fighting.
I’m dead within seconds.

5 Likes

Make sure that the Golden Girls that also come to fight Hit the Big EYE First… Then target it after that and wait for that spear to drop, and shoot it, it will hit the Big Eye. But 1 Little Eye will come for you, back away to the outer edges inside the ring, and try to kill one mob at a time. If you shoot another spear while you are killing a mob, another will come for you too. Don’t do it. Unless you can handle 2 at a time. Keep Moving around and Kill those little eyes one at a time. Just remember to Let those Golden Girls Hit the MOBS First to take the aggroe.

1 Like

Once you Throw a Spear one of the circling eyes will attack you kill it as fast as possible if you throw another spear prior to it being dead you will get a 2nd circling eye so now 2 all the will avoid the shots from the Big eye if you get caught, use a feign death, invis., any other like shield will keep the attack from the wraith’s going once you take care of the Smaller eyes the fight will end that way I did not die at all and fight finished.

I am having the same problem with the mist.