Focusing the EYE: Is this quest Doable solo?

For some reason I can’t even find the start of this quest.

This!! I was losing my mind not being able to complete this quest with my blood elf ret pally! I thought you were supposed to throw the spears every time you got one but then I was getting pummeled by the small eyes. After reading your comments, got through easy first try. Thank you for saving my sanity!

3 Likes

thank you thank you, this is exactly the advice to follow if youre have trouble. one arrow kill one little while staying out of the target areas …rinse repeat success video then onward…thanks again

I soloed it on my Demon Hunter a few days ago. When you use the spear hit the eye that comes first… keep doing this for all small eyes, then there’s a gang that helps you with the big eye from Odyns people. Vengeance spec used…

After dying over and over again. Following all the conflicting advice here I finally finished. Here’s how: (Note: I did not activate my minion nor did I Summon my Infernal at all)

1. Move out of the swirling gray spirals
  2. Ignore the spears
  3. Ignore the little eyes. They will not attack you if you don’t attack them
  4. Let the Golden Girls attack the big eye and get it down to 85. It will not go below 85 unless you help
  5. Stay out of the swirling gray spirals
  6. Attack the big eye. Be patient and keep attacking. It’s health will slowly go down. It may take up to 10 minutes.
  7. As long as you don’t chuck a spear at the little eyes they will not attack
  8. Stay out of the swirling gray spirals and attack the big eye. Notice it’s health dropping slowly
  9. Once it’s health is down to 80 you’ll get the cut scene.
  10. Done

I have tried to finish this quest for a couple of weeks and dying several times a day. I did this on my Destruction Warlock. Good luck, be patient, and stay out of the swirling gray spirals.

5 Likes

Thank you all! Yes the key is just focus on the eye, ignore the spears, and stay out of the white circles.

I’ve been at this for a week, and I keep dying. Is there something different about this because I’m a Demonology Warlock? I can use Drain Life to heal, but only as long as I have the MP. The little eyes kept attacking me even though I didn’t attack them first, and I can’t take them all on and survive. What’s even more infuriating is that this is standing in the way of me finally getting my Shadowlands Flying ability.

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Hang on… This could be my problem.

I soloed this quest on 3 different alts. And it IS doable as a solo player. First Go into the Circle and Wait for the NPC’s helping you arrive… Do Not Hit the Mob until the NPC’s arrive… Once they are there, Hit the Big Eye One time, and wait for the Spear to drop from the NPC’s helping you, Take ONLY 1 Arrow and shoot it. It will hit a small mob and pull it to you, Pull away from the middle of that circle and run that little eye around the outer area’s of the circle to kill it. Do This Until You have Used those spears on ALL those Little Eyes. ONE AT A TIME! The Outter part of that ring will pretty much keep you out of the agroe range of that BIG EYE. And Once you have defeated All those Little Mobs, and that Big Eye was Hit Down by those NPC"s to almost 80% gone. Then a Video will pop up and You are Done. And Stay out of the Swirling Mist too. Good Luck!

1 Like

You may have saved my bacon here! This is the best and clearest advice I’ve seen so far. Thanks!

1 Like

My brother was having problems with this at first also. I joined a group with him, And I showed him how to do it, and He’s done it a few times since then. Good Luck! If I could help you do this I would. But I hope my post helped a little bit too. ! Good LUCK! And by the Way… Bullwynnd is NOT my MAIN. I have 22 Alts up to lvl 60. I have Renown 80 on at least one alt at all 4 Covenants… So Sometimes … I actually DO KNOW what I’m talking about.

1 Like

Well, with your solid explanation and advice, I was able to do this without losing any health! You have my sincerest gratitude!

:metal: :metal: :metal:

1 Like

After a few failed attempts, I came here for advice.
I was successful by not picking up the spears. Just ran around the edge and Arcane Blast, Arcane Barrage, Fire Blast, etc. Just move out of the swirly ground effect and cast when safe.

As others have said already, get the big Eye down to around 85% and the cut scene takes over and you’re done.

Super easy. Barely took any damage at all.

Hope this helps someone else.

I should note that during all of my failed attempts, I was at Tier 3 or higher on the Jailer’s Watchlist (the “Eye of The Jailer” debuff mechanic), which makes this unnecessarily harder by a factor of probably 100 because you’re dealing with the high-level NPC’s that are hunting you, as well as trying to avoid having Fracture Soul cast on you, while dealing with the Chosenseeker Eyes (if you used a spear).

So for obvious reasons, don’t bother attempting this until after the 24 hours is up and you can once again enter the Maw safely with your Watch Tier reset.

The “ignore the spears” tactic didn’t work for me because I was unable to target the huge Eye directly and Odyn’s winged helpers weren’t doing a lot of damage on their own. I don’t know if it was a bug or just bad timing on my part, but attempting to target Odyn’s Eye always resulted in one of the smaller eyes being targeted instead, so I had no choice but to use the spears on the Chosenseekers.

That being said, I was able to take the smaller Chosenseeker Eyes out one at a time with the spears with relative ease and once they were all removed, I was able to focus on the huge main Eye, and even getting caught in the swirl wasn’t a big deal because I was able to simply walk over to each of the ghostly mirror-me apparitions and collect them up.

The only major issue I had was running out of Mana. As a Warlock, I don’t have as much as a mage would, and while Life Drain was super effective at both shoring me up while killing my targets (thanks to the Odyn’s Wrath buff, it was even more effective), it was also very Mana intensive, which was bad news for me, and prolonged the whole fight three-fold.

That being said, here’s the key: you’ll see the swirls of energy appear at your feet when Fracture Soul is being cast. The area-of-effect for this spell is about 7 or 8 yards (though the range is infinite, meaning you can’t get far enough away to avoid being targeted while still being close enough to deal damage), so if you don’t start moving right away you WILL get caught.

If you’re unlucky enough to get caught, your character is split into three, you’ll start taking shadow damage every second, movement speed is reduced by 20%, and all damage and healing effects are reduced by 30%, but if you can collect all three pieces, or get 30 yards away from the impact site, or survive for 30 seconds, the Fractured Soul debuff that was cast upon you goes away, then it’s business as usual after that.

Once you get the main eye’s defence mobs out of the way, just keep doing as much damage as possible while being careful to avoid being hit with Fracture Soul until the cut-scene triggers, and you’re done: Quest complete, grab a beer, put your feet up and chill, and smoke if you got 'em because you earned yourself a break! :grin:

2 Likes

hey i have tried to do this quest lord knows how many times to no avail i am a protection Pally… i bet i been working on it now 3 weeks … any help would be much appericated ty

Roseskeeper have you completed this Yet? I would like to help you if you haven’t done it yet. Not sure if I can even see that eye now, but Hey I’m willing to help … (This is Luminositi’s Alt)

i got it ty for offering to help

best advise!

Rogue here, I was having issues with this as well. The following is what I learned and was able to defeat this boss…

1. This is not a toe to toe fight, using the spear causes one of the smaller floating eyes to start attacking you. Alone, it is possible to defeat. However, your shadows will start draining your health at a mad rate, so once you see beams on you, run to the other side of the arena out of range and continue to kill the smaller eye, again shadows will start draining your health, run opposite of the shadows until you kill the first eye.

This will happen in waves of 3 or 4 or until you kill the first eye.

Next, heal then grab and throw the spear and repeat with the next eye. Watch for the beams and run to the far opposite side and continue attacking the eye until its defeated.

Rinse and repeat until all smaller eyes are defeated, once you defeat the last eye, you go to a cut scene singling the end of the fight.

You just need to remember to run to the far opposite side once you see beams on you, as this is not a standard stand your ground and fight…you gotta keep moving. Also, don’t spam the spear ability as you will be overwhelmed very quickly:

Use spear
Attack small eye using only your class abilities
See beams on you - run to far opposite side, quick self heal
Continue attacking eye - see beams, run continue attacking small eye, rinse and repeat
until first eye is defeated
Self heal, heal to full if possible
Use spear and continue this until all small eyes are defeated

Hope this helps.