Flying went away

It says " Skyriding will be available from the start in Khaz Algar and players will be able to unlock steady flight at maximum level by exploring the zones of The War Within and completing the campaign."

But I haven’t purchased WarWithin, I was at a cap for BFA which was Level 60. Now all of my flying is gone, and I don’t have WW so I won’t get it back or fly unless I buy WW? And then I see some people on dynamic flight…not sure what that is, but I like what I’ve been using… don’t change it…there are people that get motion sickness… so when I use a FP if it’s a long one, i just do something else and then come back. I admit though I have no idea what dynamic flight is.

2 Likes

So there’s “Skyriding” what was formerly known as “Dragonriding”.

And then there’s “Stable Flight”, which is what the game had previously.

What likely happened is that you are in skyriding mode and you called one of the few mounts that does not have skyriding (which for some stupid reason causes it to be locked to the ground).

Try another mount.

And/or there’s a new ability that lets you change to Stable Flight, try using that.

5 Likes

Check your mount tab. Theres a new button at the top that lets you switch back to real flying.

If flying was genuinely gone, which it’s not, I would have quit this game and never come back.

5 Likes

I never learned dragon riding… and in my mount screen I don’t see anything that would change it…

1 Like

It should be in your spellbook - general tab and/or it should have popped up on the screen upon first login.

And I remember them saying that even if you never touched dragonriding, you’ll learn it by default anyhow.

1 Like

Try typing “/cast Switch Flight Style” and see if that does anything

I only have “master riding” in my spellbook lol

I’d give you a screenshot of what your spellbook SHOULD look like, but only no-lifers can post images here or somecrap.

just go search on youtube, tons of no-lifers making videos

The no-lifer comment was meant for the absolutely ridiculous requirements to get trust level 3… like browsing 500 threads during 100 days and other bonkers silly junk.

3 Likes

here i found a link on the forums

Thanks…I don’t have that box at the top of my mount screen for me to switch

1 Like

contact support
no other way to get an answer

Thanks for trying Zenna!

Folks who never did any Dragonflight content are currently bugged, and do not have access to any form of flight, Steady or Dynamic or otherwise. There’s no button in the mount journal to switch flight styles nor is there anything in the spellbook general tab pertaining to Skyriding.

4 Likes

The answer until then, is to go to the Dragon Isles and do the quests up to Dragon Riding training.

Yes, you have Dragonflight, even if you didn’t buy it.

You can go there in Chromie Time on a level 10 toon.

1 Like

I can confirm … People report having a BUTTON to switch, but people that never learned dragonriding DO NOT have the button and can no longer fly in Azeroth post Pre-patch… Honestly Blizzard?

I’ve been able to fly in Azeroth for 10 years but suddenly can’t post pre patch and the button to switch is NOT appearing for people to toggle that haven’t learned it previously.

3 Likes

While it sucks, it’s likely just an oversight that they will fix.

If it’s a confirmed issue, then rest assured that it’s probably one of the highest priority issues for them to fix as it does kinda break the game for such people, AND it’s probably one of the worst things to have happen, because they want people to come back to the game and this is definitely not what they want happening.

2 Likes

I’m honestly surprised the game is even up right now at all, I was 100% expecting a long maintenance today to fix some of these issues.

3 Likes