Flying should never require rep/renown

Yes, that’s precisely what I meant. This way pathfinder would be incentivised by the fact it saves money and is account wide, whereas the flight license is expensive and is only for the one character who bought it.

I think that’s a fair compromise that would keep most people happy. You can’t please everyone of course, but that’s okay.

1 Like

Yeah it should.

Pathfinder is a way of artificially stretching game time. There is no “good game design” reason for it. Its literally just money

11 Likes

Huh?

Welcome to the way it has always been. For what? Coming up on the 19th anniversary.

That’s a you issue.

I don’t really mind it requiring some level of rep, but it shouldn’t be timegated in any way. You should only require any rep you get by completing the first campaign story line, it shouldn’t require any non-queueable instances, max timegating 2 weeks (and I don’t mean 2 weeks 24/7, 20-30 hours TOPS). AND FOR DIETIES SAKE, NO REPS FROM AREAS YOU CAN’T FLY. Why on earth do we need rep with the moles and dreamers when we won’t be able to use real flying either place?? :hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil::see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Again question to Ion? Why is Flying a problem to you? Why are you trying to delete flying from the game? Every single expansion since WoD is a attack against flying.

If you don’t want us to fly then just remove it all together increase ground mount speed to 300% to compensate. Problem solved. No one will have to worry about getting offended by flying again.

6 Likes

1000% untrue. I played 10.1 enough to gear my main to 430, almost maxed Sidormi rep, have run every one of my alts through the dreams surges and timerifts. But there was never a reason to go into the caverns so my mole rep was zero. And could easily have remained zero without feeling like I missed anything. I’ve had to spend a huge chunk of my time lately farming up rep in a place I never wanted OR NEEDED to go, that has been essentially abandoned by the playerbase so I can’t even get most things done easily. And that’s just me as a casual. What about PvPers or raid/M+ loggers?? Rep grinds shouldn’t have anything to do with flying. :see_no_evil::speak_no_evil::hear_no_evil:

7 Likes

Except Pathfinder doesnt change my game time in any way at all.

The requirements for pathfinder are extremely low key.

Regular flying is being added. How is flying being deleted?

They added a new type of flying and are still adding regular flying. What makes you think this?

I can only imagine the reason your question falls on deaf ears to Ion is because they are based in an alternate reality.

1 Like

I am the pvper you are talking about. Hence ny renown is like 4 with most factions. I didnt play the game I didnt quest or worldquest.

Again, dragonriding is so much better I am amazed at how many people wanna go back to normal swimming in the air. Still the expansion still has lots of time left that even I will catch up with normal play without having to force myself to repgrind

They’ve explained their reasoning plenty of times. You not liking a reason doesn’t mean it’s a bad reason.

Nothing is being deleted. They have never said at any point they wish to or intend to delete flying. There was one interview a long time ago that once stated they were thinking of not adding it at the end of WoD, but they decided not to go through with that and gave us pathfinder. (People also seem to ignore the interview prior to that which told us they wanted flying to be awarded through an achievement)

I know it’s the natural state for those qqing in GD but being over dramatic and asking trick questions really don’t help with anything

Blizzard: “We don’t care if you like our current content or not, you’ll play it or else!”

7 Likes

It should. You’re given a choice here, either do the new flying or take the time and get to renown 15. Would you rather get to exalted or would you rather do renown? Not everything can and will be handed to you for free.

So, you paid money for every single mount you use? That’s not allowed. And besides, you did pay for a good design. You got new flying which if you were to ask me, is much better and well thought about than regular flying.

And yet raiders/M+ers complain vociferously if there is some gearing path for casuals because “I’m forced to do X or I’ll feel behind”. Are you going to say the same thing if something like Benthic or WF/TF comes back?? NO ONE should be forced into an irrelevant grind to enjoy the game. :hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil::see_no_evil:

3 Likes

DR may be better to you, but I hate it. They only thing it is better than is a Pathfinder spitegate. I give DF a 4/10, if instead of DR we had gained real flying incrementally as we leveled it would get an 8/10. :hear_no_evil::see_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

8 Likes

It doesn’t mean it’s a good reason either. If they had stuck to thier guns and had another Pathfinder spitegate I wouldn’t have played, but I would have respected thier dedication to thier previous reasoning. Instead they completely invalidated it by allowing DR to “bypass” all the reasons they said real flying had to be delayed in the past. None of Daddy Blizz’s design decisions are for the good of the game anymore, the’re solely about increasing time spent metrics and micro transactions. :speak_no_evil::see_no_evil::hear_no_evil:

7 Likes

How else are they going to get that sweet time-played metric off of you?

2 Likes

Pathfinder has never increased play time for me you literally had 9/10 achievs ready most of the time when pathfinder launched only needed the new rep grind that you did anyways becsuse of player power attached to it like the enlightened and conduits/gear/legendary currency.

Also DF was designed with dragonriding in mind reason why the crazy terrain elevations and such. They usually design expansions with ground mounts in mind first and flying just came as an afterthought.

1 Like

It’s my opinion that Pathfinder is a decent idea, but horribly executed. If I had my way, I’d make these 3 changes to it:

1. It must be available at least for the continent in the launch patch. Waiting fir X.1 or beyond is too long. Subsequently, every additional zone past the launch zones must either be flight enabled from the start, have its Pathfinder available on the patch that it launched in, or, if it isn’t designed for flight like Argus, no flying at all.

2. The requirements must be easy to complete. The reason for Pathfinder is supposedly so people can see the zones on foot. Therefore… completion of the main campaign quests should be satisfactory enough for the requirement. That’s all.

3. By the end of the expansion, the Pathfinder requirement should be lifted entirely.

6 Likes

I like pathfinder and wouldn’t change anything about it. The time gate aspect of it is the key to making it a low pressure, no stress route. If there were some way to sweat your way around the gate then people would feel like they had to do it or they would be holding up their friends and constantly losing out on gathering and mob tagging and all the other social aspects.

Blizzard games in a nutshell.

8 Likes