Flying rep grind miserable for returning players

No we are not lucky. They cant get rid of flying. they could try but again, but it would be even worse then before. They are lucky even more people are not throwing a fit. But I would argue that their WQ/PF system HAS cost them a lot of subs.

People need to stop thinking they are lucky, like bliz is doing you a favor. This is just what they could get away with, they felt.

6 Likes

Yes, yes they did. I don’t have to spend tens of thousands of gold on getting flying on all my characters. My alts can all fly the instant they hit the expansion, which means they don’t have to level on the ground. And two of the Pathfinder achieves have given me mounts–something the collector in me loves.

The only thing I detest about Pathfinder is the two-part wait-ten-months-for-part-two garbage. Part one should give flying in initial zones. Part two can award flying in newly opened zones.

Pathfinder IS better than not flying at all. And without Pathfinder, not flying at all is exactly what we would have had in WoD and every expansion since then. Don’t kid yourself into imagining otherwise.

F2P games are pretty quick to add requested features, if the suits had not made the dev team eat their original stupid idea, you would be playing that version already.

on the PTR, there is a worm in the air that gives you a debuff reducing your flying speed

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-great-worm-from-beyond-aura/380413

Just something you have to push through and get done. I took a month and a half off after 8.2 hit and when I came back, it was sometimes disheartening when everyone else seemed to be flying except me. Some rares were out of reach and quests were slower and harder. But eventually I got it done, got my pathfinder, and now I’m that guy swooping in on the rares.

I personally do prefer pathfinder because I’m doing all the stuff for it anyway, and it’s nice not having to spend gold on it.

Wow.

Just when I thought you could not get a dumber idea, they prove me wrong. I guess as long as the aura doesn’t impact the raid loggers Ion won’t care.

1 Like

It won’t impact anyone who doesn’t go to those areas either which is probably how I am going to approach this.

This business of waiting 9 months and doing all their crap content for flying and then they do this business annoys the heck out of me.

1 Like

It should be available for gold after a short delay from when pathfinder allows flying. Even if expensive, that would be better than mindless running along trails to WQs instead of playing actual enjoyable content. Running along a road isn’t content after already completing exploration and quests.

3 Likes

You got that money just leveling your character. It was never a time sink unless you wasted too much money leveling.

1 Like

Oh I can get Pathfinder 1 but I never seem to get part 2. Like in BFA… I don’t like Nazjatar so I’m leveling an AR.

Returning player here too. It’s irritating but not that bad, especially with the anniversary rep buff going on. I’m jealous of OP and other humans though, since their racial stacks with it.

Might have as well have done it. At least it would have been a honest decision. I doubt with Pathfinder they got a lot of players back that cancelled due to no flying. It just kept those on the verge of cancelling.

This is something that caused me to be selective about how I went about the rep grind, choosing WQs that were easy to get to in Naz, and doing Chests on Mechagon in the early morning. I pretty much skipped the days with the three rares prior to getting some form of flight.

Its not just returning players who hate pathfinder.
A long list of us do.
Blizzard enjoys running paying customers off though…so dont expect it to change anytime soon

1 Like

AGreed, but how many games make getting a pathetic mode of travel WORSE instead of better?
None that Ive ever played.

1 Like

Really like that transmog on your panda. Very nice.

Would rather see it go away, personally. Just because I suffered with a bad system doesn’t mean I want to see other people suffer too.

4 Likes

Outstanding. If only more folks were willing to take the “I did it, it sucked and there is no reason you should have to suffer just because I did” stance this would be a better world.

2 Likes

But it is. You can do it or not. But remember you are no special than those of us that have done it.

I have that stance. My attitude is if Blizzard starts relaxing ANY flying restrictions it’s a step in the right direction.