Flying rep grind miserable for returning players

The only people that do not have to put up with this are those that are the first to obtain flying.

The time to get pathfinder right now is pretty quick. My only problem with it is the timegating because reps mainly only comes from wqs/dailies type of content and the fact they released it past half expansion :man_shrugging:

I always felt that WoD pathfinder was the worst, dunno if I just got used to the process or if it was actually awful but Iā€™d do the BfA grind twice before Iā€™d try the WoD once again.

Revered reputations are not that difficult to get. You get a ton of rep doing the zone quest lines.

If you took time off and havenā€™t yet played the expansion, please donā€™t try to play off ā€œgetting flyingā€ as some big grind. The reality is ā€œyou havenā€™t played the expansionā€ yet.

1 Like

Itā€™s not that bad. It gets unlocked via playing the game and doing the zones. Yes, itā€™s annoying to cram an entire expansions content into a week to get pathfinder, but that was never meant to be the case.

1 Like

And people who have war mode on so you can kill people for trying this.

I have decided not to do it. Since WoW world end game is not fun to play without flying I also decided not to buy any more xpacs and only play through the questing to cap once paying $15 instead of hundreds of dollars per xpac.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll sell you this next xpac at the low price of only 99 dollars. Lmao

The exploration part and loremaster part arenā€™t bad at all, honestly, and Iā€™m not sure Iā€™ve ever actually seen anyone complaining about having to do that content.

Itā€™s the rep and time gating that most people dislike. Technically, it is ā€œcontentā€ because it is a thing that exists within the game files, and repeating world quests for a while does require physically interacting with a computer.

If anyone is legitimately buying a copy of BfA so they can spend weeks playing world quests to fill up a rep bar, though, they are probably on drugs.

I wonder if there were this many posts complaining about the other pathfinders. For real though, i dont think Iā€™ve seen one post complaining about the rep grind for professions, some of which requires exalted, not just revered.

You have an advantage over the rest of us OP. You are not time gated and can get all your rep within two weeks max. Pathfinder 2 took me exactly 7 days to get, Pathfinder 1,not much longer. Luckily you can do all at once and not have to wait (Like most of us did). If you cant focus for two weeks on getting flying( by literally just playing the game) Then you must not really want it.

1 Like

WoW just about burned down over the WoD flying switcheroo and the subsequent announcement that it would be included in Legion.

So Iā€™d say yeah, we are pretty much par for the course considering there are fewer people around nowadays. Maybe lagging a little behind but weā€™ll get there.

2 Likes

I finished part one by simply playing the game, didnā€™t even realise I unlocked part one until checking my summary in achievementsā€¦part two is a cake walk.

You are the target audience then. Dailies and rep grinds are not what I consider ā€œcontentā€ and itā€™s just lazy developers struggling to keep the game relevant.

1 Like

Yea I really donā€™t mind part one. Donā€™t get me wrong I would just assume see them stick it in there for a trivial amount of gold like it was before but Part one would be a healthy compromise. Part two and waiting months is the obvious issue.

By the time part 2 comes out I am so sick of fighting multiple packs of trash mobs, fighting annoying terrain, looking for cave entrances, being stuck on every limb and dodad on the ground, etc. Part 2 felt miserable and I swear I still feel burnout from getting part 2.

As always I will say Flight was never an issue until Ion and friends made it one. Worked for years and people were perfectly content and having fun.

1 Like

I am also failing to see how the flying design ruined TBC, WOLK, Cata and MOP. I mean WOD was the one where people ran out of content, and Pathfinder was in it? 3 of those 4 expansions I just mentioned are considered 3 of the best expansions Blizzard have ever released. Why change flying at all? Its friggen bizarre.

What possessed Blizzard to even do this? It makes no sense, except to the apologists who would encourage a pathfinder for your character running instead of walking.

1 Like

I knocked out pathfinder Part 1 and 2 in a week and a half after returning. It wasnā€™t even remotely ā€œmiserableā€. Same with rares. I didnā€™t miss a single Soundless, Rustfeather, or Spider when they were called out.

Mechagon has the Jetpack. Naz has insanely quick flightpaths.

Youā€™re making a mountain out of a molehill.

Rep grinding is insanity but you eventually finish with a new outcome. The dailies suck and I do not understand how anyone can stick up for them. Blizzard should at least have mobs that give rep for killing. I know blasphemy that would speed up the gate to much! So much content to block and hide to prevent folks from unsubbing.

I saw this coming when all those people were tripping over each other to post their ā€œI am quitting until 8.xx patchā€ goodbyes.

It is what it is. If you want to fly those are the hoops you have to jump through. I doubt they will ever change their stance on it.

I feel like everyone forgets that if the devs had their way, flying would be removed completely.

Pathfinder is the compromise, and with them continuing it from WoD-Shadowlands tells me itā€™s here to stay.