Flying is 'at a nice middle ground'

not really and the answer is what i said previously. I’m not arguing afk flying is only flying, but it is a thing and one i use.

ion has essentially won. if you want to boil a live frog, you don’t throw him in boiling water, he will jump out. you put him in cool water and gradually increase it until it’s boiling. it will be nearly, if not a full year before we see flight. that’s longer than we had to wait in legion. he has wore us down. there is no use caring or complaining any longer. you either can live with or you can’t.

given how mundane, and unrewarding the current content is, what is it going to matter if we have flight in old content for the last few months of a bad expansion.

4 Likes

i think what he meant to say is…“Sorry but 90% of the playerbase that is still playing, is indifferent to flying.”

4 Likes

He hasn’t really worn us down.

He’s just made a lot of us angry and a lot of players stop bothering to give Blizzard money to stay subbed for an inferior product.

4 Likes

Lack of flight sucks.

11 Likes

Compromise for players who want to skip everything and not engage in the world, and the developers who want to make the game have a persistent world with players in it.

It is perfect, because you guys like convenience and ease of play, and they don’t.
So for the first half of the expansion you play the game the way they want, and for the second half they give you flying to allow the world to be nerfed in a sense.

Sadly, flying doesn’t just affect one person. The answer for some one like me isn’t “don’t fly.” Its not just about my travel, but everyone else’s.

I think a great example of the mindset that should be understood was made obvious in this thread, and which Bornakk replied.

I would recommend reading some of those opinions and hopefully it will help you get a better handle on why you may like flying, but the game itself may not, especially as it is current without any real reason to fly like TBC and Wrath had.

3 Likes

They’re a well known troll on these forums. Don’t bother.

4 Likes

My short answer: the game has not been built around flying for several expansions now.

Back in BC, flight opened up new areas for you to explore that you previously had to skip, or avoid, because they were too difficult to get to, or too dangerous, without a flying mount. Currently, by contrast, we don’t have ANY areas that require flying.

That being said, I would like to see flying used as a mechanic; rather than simply a way to get through BORING content faster. For the next expansion, Blizzard needs to design zones with the 3rd-dimension in mind (floating islands, dimensional rifts in the sky, etc), if they want to do flying right.

I see what you are saying, however you are missing kind of a huge problem. If the devs want us, the paying customers, to play their way then they lack a fundamental understanding of supply and demand. Instead of removing our ability to bypass their content maybe they should try to find out what it is about that content that makes so many people want to bypass it.

5 Likes

It’s punishment pure and simple.

4 Likes

Leave it out of warmode, simple! Really not that hard to have flying at least after the first season finishes. The extra wait is out of spite and that isn’t a good look.

For those who need a reminder, this is an opinion, I know I don’t speak for anyone but myself. Calm down!

5 Likes

i wasn’t starting BFA because I was waiting to do it with someone, I’m playing alone now so I will have to start it alone—but I won’t touch it until flight is a goal. Right now it’s completely unattainable.

3 Likes

Still the same old, tired non-sequitur.

The “arguments” against flying in this game are nonsense. Always have been.

14 Likes

Probably because pathfinder is fine, the only issue is how long it taking to roll out

1 Like

Suppose that can be a good reason too, but I believe its taking longer this time because of WM. It would trivialize wpvp when flight is available.

Although shooting people down with the net would be hilarious to see.

Yup. There’s really no point in even buying BfA. I certainly have no plans to do so.

5 Likes

You are ridiculous to the point of utter farce.

Wanting flight is not about wanting to skip everything.

It’s about wanting to get to the content you want to do, you know the real point of the game where that content is actually challenging, without having travel to that content be an unnecessary barrier to entry in getting to that content by making travel… not the point of the game… be slow tedious and boring for what amounts to a completely arbitrary reason.

It’s fine to have the game be set up where you see it from the ground to start, fine for a couple months the way things used to be in BC & Wrath when the game was at its heights… but by the 200th damn time you are repeating a set of WQs? You shouldn’t be waiting around for a fundamental core aspect of the game to come back just so they can squeeze a bit more MAU out of you by making you do it slower than you otherwise could.

But it’s also about freedom of movement and speed, and the ability to explore and see the world from all the vantage points it has to offer instead of being restricted and having your agency as a player taken away from you.

But more than anything else, it’s about retaining some semblance of in game immersion where you aren’t constantly jutted off to flight paths that take away all control of your character resulting in being bored to tears as the game plays itself for you and you being induced to alt-tab out of the game and go AFK, and essentially stop playing. Or having your in game immersion being constantly obliterated by being incentivized to use hearthstones and flight whistles and constantly getting bombarded with loading screens.

23 Likes

They should do what they did in BC and apply it to Pathfinder.
PF part 1- You get flying, but at a very reduced flying speed and ground speed goes faster.
PF part 2- epic flying

I remember back in BC I chose my ground mount over flying 99% of the time. Take that pro fliers! :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Honestly I’m happy with how flying is. Same as Legion.

2 Likes

It sure doesn’t feel like a middle ground, more like flying is clinging to edges of a cliff by its fingernails.

WoD pathfinder I greatly enjoyed when it finally came.
Legion pathfinder made me seriously consider quitting.

5 Likes