Flying... Here's the truth

It wasn’t an issue until Blizzard made it one.

Now the game isn’t about enjoying yourself and having fun. It’s about doing the same daily/WQ’s for months… only to wait an arbitrary amount of time for the next set of required dailies/WQ’s.

Just to unlock flying.

1730 Likes

I read a post earlier that said something along the lines of “flying made BfA better”.

If that’s not a sign for Blizz then I don’t know what is.

476 Likes

Hear! Hear! Well said.

149 Likes

Blizzard made it a problem cause people started complaining about flying. I don’t know why it makes traveling easier. And you get to see more.

68 Likes

It’s a way of funneling people in a specific direction making game design simpler and playing more time consuming.

250 Likes

I can’t even bring myself to do the chores. Posting on forums is more fun.

251 Likes

This.

There has been a small group of people complaining about flying since it was released in BC. Blizz just got scared by the massive content drought at the end of MoP and knew they couldn’t do that again. And making smaller, harder to traverse zones is cheaper, faster and can force longer leveling times without adding more actual content. But only if you don’t let people fly.

Pathfinder lets them pump out xpacs faster, cheaper and with as little work as possible.

257 Likes

Blizzard hates flying that’s no question, they even said so themselfes serval times.

Now because we still want it anyways, they try to make us hate the chores for it to become more and more tedious in hopes that we too start to not care anymore and just don’t do it to not get flying :slight_smile:

My thoughts.

140 Likes

Ok, we need a Suramar Insurrection here.

Given Blizzard keeps restricting our flying, we the raging players, what can we do to counter this ongoing situation?

Brainstorming:
What kind of cooperation among players can be done to relief the effect of no flying?

What kind of things players can do to help each others achieve Pathfinder more quicker?

What can we do to completely bypass the Pathfinder and keep players “enjoy” their own play style?

16 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

2 Likes

I think you hit the nail right on the head. The requirements for it are like a deterrent. You want it so badly, suffer for it.

146 Likes

They got me to not care… about the whole game. Which sucks because this has been such a large part of life for so long. I rarely log in anymore because it feels not- fun. When I do log in the “content” just frustrates me due to boredom.

GG Blizz, you got your wish, and one fewer player for your “time played metric” also.

247 Likes

:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Thats only if you care about tho.

2 Likes

Yes, so lazy that I did the Loremaster achievement twice. Once before Cataclysm, and again after. Seeker completed before the quest log change, and a host of other content. But yes, lazy, sure thing.

It’s an ignorant argument to call people lazy for not wanting to do something they don’t enjoy doing to get something they’ve been able to do for longer than not.

181 Likes

The only thing that really can be done is that each individually logs in once a day and does a few hours of grinding out the dailies…

1 Like

I wish I could like your post more than once. It deserves 100,000 likes.

Why should every rep in the expansion be required for flying? It’s an arbitrary and spiteful restriction on top of a ridiculously long time gate. No wonder people are mad.

173 Likes

Its pure spite to make us do not 1 but 2 reps for part 2. Should be one or the other, or combined into 1.

39 Likes

Better yet not lock flying behind almost a year of garbage.

171 Likes

I unlocked flying yesterday and did a full wq tour for the first time in ages. Flying makes this game more fun. There’s one or two contrarians out there that argue against it just to rile people up but in my opinion, getting rid of pathfinder part 2 in the future would be a healthy step for this game.

154 Likes