Flying... Here's the truth

Getting rid of the huge arbitrary and spiteful feeling time gate would be even better.

130 Likes

I never thought it was an issue and I don’t buy their explanation. It’s a time sink and nothing more.

Kind of hard to appreciate the dev’s work in Naz or other zones when I am too busy running and dodging mobs to notice anything or alt tabbing while on a flight path.

86 Likes

Pathfinders don’t bother me. What bothers me is having to wait a year just to start pathfinder 2. There is no reason for that. At least let pathfinder 1 open flying for that content. Path2 can open it for that content.

107 Likes

I admire your committment to never using flight paths, the whistle, hearthstones, or even ground mounts. Way to not be lazy!

43 Likes

And this would be a step in the right direction.

3 Likes

that haugustus clown or whatever his name is must be sleeping. which is actually a pleasant surprise

4 Likes

This I agree with. Although I would argue that two parts is really unnecessary.

15 Likes

Blizzard people complained about flying. It required more time to design and if people were restricted to the ground, getting dazed and dismounted, and working around problem terrain, they took longer to complete the same tasks.

The downside was they pissed a lot of people off by removing it.

At around the time WoW lost flying, it was added to FFXIV.

77 Likes

Unlocking flying could be like handing in warfront efforts or the building construction in broken shore. The idea for the long time it takes is we the community need to fund the exploration of the areas we want to fly in. After a set time or enough resources handed in, everyone can fly in the new zones.

6 Likes

I am a big fan of pathfinder cause I am always gold poor but I do agree that pathfinder part 2 is a bit to much.

I think pathfinder pt 2 should be explore each zone and finish main story quest of the new zones. Not revered. For zones like Naz with no real story quest make it where you need to get your bodyguard to lvl 3 or something specific to zone.

Revered is to much though after already making us wait

18 Likes

As someone who doesn’t enjoy the flying aspect of the game but uses it because it’s a clear advantage and not using it in return for not getting things done much quicker just because I have disagreements with it is just silly.

I feel like it kills the world population quite a bit and that depresses me while playing. Hell, I could see it now as people have already gotten flying. I see no one in Nazjatar for the most part, then one of 2 things happens. I either start getting hit by an alliance or 5. Or I get to a rare and all of a sudden 40 horde show up to kill it with me. “Oh there you are!”

Now saying all of that. Either they need to eliminate it and make content better (I think 8.2 is great tbf) or don’t timegate it behind patches.

Pathfinder doesn’t even make sense. How does my mount forget how to fly when a minute ago he was doing fine in Org? At least give a reason that makes sense. I.e. the Shackles can’t trust you so they mark your mount as hostile… ect terrible story but aye, it’s better than no explanation at all. It’s easy to do.

However if they want a rep grinding scene, either make rewards for rep actually worth it (like the Tier 3 essences from the vendors), or bring back a Raid attunement with great rewards. At least Raid attunements made sense to a certain point. Oh and make it account wide.

I just don’t believe things should be timegated by time itself. I’m fine with timegating. Leveling from 1 - 120 is a form of timegating, gearing up for raids is a form of timegating ect… but all of this you can do at your own speed without any hiccups. We need more of that and less “We’re going to timegate you due to arbitrary reasons because we don’t want you to do this thing yet”

Just feels like I’m playing a game to hit checkmarks, not enjoying the world, and part of that is on me but the world Blizzard puts in front of us is supposed to help facilitate these things and they’re failing hard.

12 Likes

I understand unlocking flight paths and clearing the fog from the map… But wtf does rep have anything to do with flying?

64 Likes

Nothing really. Although i find it easier to farm rep than gold.

2 Likes

Farming gold never was a issue for me personally. I could see how it could be for some though.

2 Likes

I do agree with you though, rep has nothing to do w/ flying.

They could have made it that you get licensed or something along those lines when you unlock it. Make a silly little quest out of it.

6 Likes

It’s all out of spite.

If they cared then they would have done away with this stupidity after WoD.

54 Likes

I’m only happy because Goregroth is here

4 Likes

Hands over free snacks

4 Likes

The requirements for it are to play the game. Literally the only thing you have to go out of your way to do is a couple locations in the exploration achievements.

5 Likes

Pathfinder is fine.

Just don’t leave it festering for a year, and there isn’t a problem.

16 Likes