Flying feels terrible now

That has nothing to do with the asinine 5 second cast time.

It could have been an instant cast spell and things would be fine.

2 Likes

How do you know that. Can you name an instance where a mount was able to go from dragonriding → TBC flight without your character having to go through a loading screen?

There’s a toggle for that.

Yeah this is the first thing I noticed on the beta and immediately was annoyed by it

There is absolutely zero reason why the sky riding toggle needs to be a five second cast - just make it instant.

7 Likes

You’re probably right. Programming what was a 5s activation to an instant activation would probably be outside the realm of what Blizzard finds possible. (/s)

2 Likes

Literally two days ago when I would get off my dragon riding mount and onto a normal mount?

What does a loading screen have to do with it? All they have to do is make the cast instant cast and then it’s as it was on monday, just requiring the cast time of mounting up again.

4 Likes

Then why isn’t everything instant cast. Problem solved.

1 Like

Woah now, slow down. They just added those wiggly-finger casting animations. I would like to at least keep some of those.

But yeah, any cast that uses the crafting animation can go back to the swamp.

1 Like

Consider who you’re quoting.

That guy struggles with a lot.

1 Like

So your answer is “no.” Because those were two different mounts.

The answer is “yes”.

Click the change styles button right now. It does exactly that.

It takes 5 seconds instead of 0 seconds (or 1.5 seconds). Or am I missing context?

We are in the death throes of a regime that has worn out its welcome. Based on how the prepatch and expansion are rolling out I can hear the golden chariots coming.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

4 Likes

To repeat again, the existence of the 5 second cast time is part of the problem with how Blizzard has this set up.

They don’t actually want you to toggle between the two. They want you to pick one or the other and they want that to be Skyriding. It’s why in TWW Skyriding is available at the start, but regular flying is locked behind Pathfinder, which is completely unnecessary.

Looking at it in a vacuum makes it easy to dismiss the complaints as pointless whinging. Look at everything together, and you see what Blizzard is actually trying to do.

12 Likes

No the answer is yes, because all you’d have to do is dismount, hit the button and remount.

How is this diffuclt to understand?

I think we’re still caught in the middle of mom and dad fighting, and it’s too soon to tell who is going to come out on top–the dark age or the renaissance.

intentionally make their game worse

to sell you the solution later

:brain: feels good being “patron”-ized, to use a pun

1 Like

MS probably forced the early release date but at the same time BlizZard track record has not been good.

Based on how things are progressing we can not blame MS for some rigid design decisions.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

2 Likes

I have to agree with the OP. Having certain mounts labeled as classic flight and others as dynamic was actually great. I wish they would let us do the labeling - determine which ones we want (at that moment) to use which form of flight. That would solve all these issues.

7 Likes

Not sure what you’re saying here. I can leave my character anywhere in the world and let my pet guard me. Garbage flappy bird “I think I’m skilled because I can tediously hit the space bar a million times” doesn’t change that.

2 Likes

Realistically, you shouldn’t be blaming MS for anything. MS themselves probably don’t give two craps about how flying works in WoW, as long as the game sells.

But unless you’ve been living under a rock, drank too much of the kool-aid or are actually purposefully too stupid to see it, Blizzard has been trying to gut flying for what, close to a decade now?

This is just another step in that long long road.

7 Likes

Completely agree, and I think this is all internal politic to Blizzard.

We are seeing the middle age philosophy of BFA-SL warring with the new leadership vision that picked up in DF. But I don’t think you avoid relapse back into bad habits without conflict. As long as “The War Within” (Blizzard) wages, we don’t know if this is a positive long-term direction, or just another stunt for easy user engagement.

(I am pro-dragonriding, but not at the slowed 700% speed. If anything, I want it to go faster and the world to get bigger. Pockets of density and wilderness, like what you see in old Westfall design just at scale. When trying to see the world and exploring wilderness, Dragonriding is definitely a massive boon to playing. But in density, where you’re trying to carefully navigate through a Stormwind architecture or like pointed out above, just need to step away, Dragonriding didn’t compare to the original flight system.)

1 Like