Fly Hacking + LUA Unlockers = Vast amount of bots. Why doesn't Blizzard not fix this?

Well, you’re wrong but it’s completely okay to be wrong. Not everyone knows how companies work.

Hey Timpa I see you post about this a lot. I wish others were as passionate about the bot/hack issue as you are.

Good luck and never give up!!!

5 Likes

What do you think happened in this case?

Activision Publishing, which handles the development, production, and distribution of video games from its subsidiary studios. One of the subsidiaries is Blizzard Entertainment. I seriously doubt Activision would have no say in one of their subsidiaries.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/activision-and-blizzard-relationship/68419/26

What is Call of Duty doing on Blizzard Launcher?

2 Likes

You notice how there’s two different sections on the launcher?

BLIZZARD

PARTNER GAMES

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_of_Warcraft

Developer(s) Blizzard Entertainment
Publisher(s) Blizzard Entertainment

Let’s also not ignore the fact that GMs do not even necessarily need to be paid that much, or at all. In the past, most were volunteers. People who care enough about the game to police it in their spare time. Obviously on a different server than where they have their own toons.

1 Like

Why is Activision publishing games on the “Blizzard” Launcher.

EDIT:
Ok I think I got this right. In 2008 Activision merged with Vivendi Games which own Blizzard Entertainment. Vivendi maintained a majority share in Activision-Blizzard until 2013 where Vivendi sold their stock to Activision-Blizzard and lost majority share. As Vivendi is no more you are left with Activision.

So really it is trending on the name of Blizzard. Notice how they used the name Activision-Blizzard instead of Activision-Vivendi. I think, but not sure, that Blizzard Entertainment is a Wholly Owned Subsidiary of Activision when you look at it a certain way.

Please keep the thread on topic to the OP.

See I think you got your title all wrong. It should be, “LUA Unlockers and Teleport/Fly Hacking allowed?” Then enforce that with a, “Everyone seems to be doing it.”

2 Likes

Dude, for whatever reason, they just censored your comment on my other thread about this… Haven’t they learned the way to combat speech they don’t like isn’t with censorship, but with better speech? I think I’ve had it with Blizz… gonna cancel sub, maybe see if they’ve figured it out in the future.

4 Likes

Good idea. Just wait till this weekend :slight_smile:

Yup Blizzard has even de-index posts bringing this to light. De-indexing is a form of shadowbanning where only the OP sees the post, nobody else does, so the OP doesn’t know they were moderated.

Shameful tbh!

1 Like

They will eventually fix it. You can still enjoy the game.

Over a year later and a game ruines by these hacks would disagree.

2 Likes

Do you really expect the single Blizzard intern working on Classic to answer all our questions and develop an effective anti cheat solution? I mean, pr*vate servers like Nostalrius and Kronos were cheat proof and no fly hacked worked on them but they had a billion dollar corporation to fund their efforts!

2 Likes

what an insufferable person

2 Likes

We have the modern engine lol. Its just running legacy data.

2 Likes

It would be kind of cool if the report system worked similar to league of legends. They pop up an alert when action has been taken against the offender. Because noone knows if blizzard is actually banning these accounts, but then people just make a new one and bot again. Unless of course, you’re seeing the same names over and over again.