Flightstone uses for Mythic+ Haters?

Came back to the game recently to level up, learn dragonriding, generally prep for War Within. I normally quit when I reach the part of the game where you are railroaded into doing daily chores and endlessly forced to do M+, slaving away, repeating the same content to pay the high cost in time and effort of acquiring gear has zero value outside of a very short time frame. Maybe some like that, but to me that is zero fun.
So I have almost 1000 Flightstones now and the only vendor I can find sells 1 item: Awakened Equipment Chest, but only if I have a M+ rating of 1000. I will never do that, so what other use is there for this currency for those gamers like me that enjoy playing for story, content, world exploration and the other aspects of the game that makes it a fun and interesting MMORPG??
This game would be SO much better if M+ was optional, if there were alternative ways to get advanced gear, and if there were more interesting things to do once you hit max level.
So my question is: what other use is there for Flightstones? I can only find 1 vendor with 1 item that I cannot purchase.

3 Likes

You use them to upgrade all gear, not just M+ gear.

it is optional.

what do you need “advanced gear” for if you’re not doing M+/raid content?

9 Likes

Raid and pvp. Delves in TWW

2 Likes

Flightstones are currency for upgrading ALL gear: quests, outdoor events, m+, raid, PvP, and even need some for crafting.

If you don’t care about gear, as you said, then yeah it will have 0 use to you.

The purchasable box you mentioned is for sending catchup gear to alts after you have no use for flightstones on main.

3 Likes

Combining splinters to make a spark costs flightstones.

5 Likes

Lol
/10 characters

1 Like

There are alternative ways of getting gear. You can craft gear using Sparks of Awakening. There’s Raiding and PVP. In War Within, you’ll also be able to do Delves for gear.

3 Likes

m+ isnt mandatory in the least, especially if you aren’t trying to run more m+.

m+ is just one way to earn crests and stones. those are for upgrading gear that you seem to have no use for.

wait until prepatch and you will probably be able to get ~480 ilevel gear for minimal effort and be ready for tww launch

2 Likes

in TWW you’ll have delves, that will gear you to heroic raid ilvl.

1 Like

Mythic plus is a funny drug. No one really see’s clearly until they get off it for a while.

Then they see what can and should be fixed and stop blindly shilling for a system that is much like the Greek tale of sysifus.

2 Likes

are you sure you like MMO RPGs? have you thought of single player games ?

“Hey I managed to get some conquest points, but I have no intention of buying PvP gear, can I use that currency for something else?”

Basically same scenario.

1 Like

I can’t tell if you actually want anwers or you’re just here to show the world how much you hate mplus and how terrible you’re at it.

Why do you need better gear if you’re done past world content?

Flightstones is used to upgrade gear that’s about it.

Good luck with your problems.

3 Likes

Thanks for responses, both helpful and not, but finally found a few other vendors that take them in return for reputation insignias. At least they are not completely worthless for me.

Every single piece of gear uses flightstones to upgrade it, even from world quests.

Flightstones aren’t “For Mythic+”. They’re for everything, hence why they drop from everything.

2 Likes

Please explain where to go or who to talk to for upgrading gear? I cannot find this answer.

You should see on your items there’s something a word like Adventurer or Explorer, as well as a number. This indicates which ilvl track it’s on and how far along it is.

In the capital city there’s two dracthyr to the right of the auction house. One of these dracthyr allows you to upgrade items with a mix of flightstones and crests. Flightstones are required for all upgrades, crests are required for the first time you upgrade an item on that slot to that ilvl, the lower the ilvl the lower the type of crest. The first few stages of upgrades (Explorer and Adventurer) don’t require crests, though you should have some whelpling ones from activities around the world you might find a use for later.

There are a few other upgrade NPCs in Valdrakkan but the one by the AH is the easiest to find.

This is an absurd take lol

2 Likes

You’re looking for an NPC that says something like “Item upgrades.” There’s one in Valdrakken right outside of the Auction House.

Thank you very much, just found Cuzolth. Was talking to Lindormi before, she only had Awakened Equipment Chest, which required m+ rating 1000.