Flight: why are we waiting longer than we did in Legion?

Ive commented on this before, but I wanted to put it out there and ask that maybe we can get some communication as to whats going on.

8.1.5 hasnt dropped yet (still on PTR) and we dont get flight till 8.2. Legion wait times was seven months.… BFA looks to be a year as 8.2 is still months away

We dont know whats in Pathfinder 2, we dont know what content there is we will have to complete , we dont know what rep grinds are required or to what level, we dont know when 8.2 drops and what timeframe…so i just want to ask what is accomplished by grounding us for an entire year?

We dont know if this new zone will be another Argus aka no flight…

Why are we waiting longer than Legion? Ion said they “had learned” from Legion and the wait time…so why are we waiting longer this time?

Whats gained by making us wait so long?

Why cant we fly now?

I have Pathfinder, 7 x 120, exalted with all on both sides, have done all content incl Tides of Vengeance…so…Ive done it all, explored it all.

Why are we waiting a year to fly in zones we have been and done already?

When do we fly?

230 Likes

As someone who loves War Mode I’m not entirely certain I want flight.

EDIT: Don’t @ me. I’m still in the middle of reading hate mail.

Ooh, this one’s from Grandma…

34 Likes

I cant help you there.

I also dont agree to have my feet nailed to the ground because pvp.

I dont pvp. I loathe it.

111 Likes

We got flight in Legion in 7.2.

13 Likes

That’s fine. Just outlining the reasons why I oppose, and still continue to oppose, the implementation of flight in the current game. Unless of course there’s an exception for the PVP scene.

4 Likes

Because the babies don’t want you to have it, it’s as simple as that.

54 Likes

We got flight in Legion in 7.2.

Yup, Seven months after Legion launch. Seven months after BFA launch is mid April 2019. Will we be flying by then? No.

38 Likes

Because if we don’t wait an arbitrary amount of time to ‘earn’ the ability to fly through meaningless small tasks that have nothing to do with exploration or flight, then how will we feel the pride and accomplishment?

56 Likes

Because Ion is still trying to find a way to get rid of it

112 Likes

because they’ve been testing the waters and seeing just how far they can inconvenience players and waste their time before the sub loss becomes too much.

if people keep accepting longer and longer periods of being grounded, flight will just outright vanish once it looks like the majority is complacent with travelling by foot from here on out.

89 Likes

It wouldn’t come back at all if they thought they could get away with it. They learned from WoD that simply withholding it is the better option.

Eventually, people will get sick of it, though.

28 Likes

The only thing I’m impatient for are the Zandalari trolls. I wish they would have come out a lot sooner :confused:

7 Likes

The side product is he found a reason to get rid of me. After leveling 6 allied races from 20-110, and enduring the rep grinds to just do that, make this game really unplayable anymore. I find arguing on the forums more enjoyable than actually logging into the game.

78 Likes

I agree. The wait for flight is getting out of hand and frankly earning arbitrary rep to unlock such a massive boost in quality of life is really beginning to sour me on the whole experience. I’m not unsubscribing, I want my voice heard and the game I pay for. Could there not be some middle ground such as 100,000g (at lvl 120) OR such and such rep achieves ect. Flight is an important part of what makes this game enjoyable its implementation needs to be handled better than this. I really understand you dont want us to skip content that you worked so hard to develop so keep us grounded for the first few months but understand that the core player base expects flight and it can never go away completely.

55 Likes

In all honesty I have never really cared whether we have it active at the time or not – but REALLY We should HAVE it by now at this point in time, for real

12 Likes

Development times aren’t always going to match every expansion. Blame Azerite for the longer development time. They had to push everything back:

• when Azerite was poorly received, giving us the not-much-better-received Azerite vendor
  • when the oh-my-god-we’ve-never-made-new-skeletons development of Kul-Tiran playable characters took far longer than expected

Just multiple reasons why each subsequent content patch has been delayed, resulting in a notable difference between 7.0-7.2 vs 8.0-8.2.

8 Likes

Flight should be in MUCH quicker.

It needs to be addressed separately in WM, but that’s also why you can turn WM off.

26 Likes

I find I want to like this 100,000,000 times.

12 Likes

Skip what content lol

Done it all

Explored it all

Exalted with all

War campaign done both sides incl Tides of Vengeance both sides. Oh I agree with you I just dont see anything i havent done.

33 Likes

Take it as a valuable lesson and don’t pre-order or stay subbed this long next time. I know I won’t, especially not after a half…baked expansion.

36 Likes