Flight: why are we waiting longer than we did in Legion?

and by the way, when the hell is 8.1.5? I have googled this every day for the last 30 days. No information.

4 Likes

I meant in the game I pay for <3 by the way :slight_smile:

If it was up to Ion, they’d remove flying again. At this point there is no reason to keep it this long if only to give people pseudo-’‘content’’ to work towards because we all know how meaningful it is to do some arbitrary achievements to be able to fly in Azeroth. :roll_eyes:

They said they are following the Legion template but slower.

Why wait this long for Flight? That’s anyone’s call at this point.

28 Likes

Go check the PTR for how far, or behind, the Zandalari & Kul-Tiran playable characters are, and realize they’re coming with 8.1.5. Then make an educated guess how much longer they’ll need to be reiterated and polished before release, and you’ll have an idea when 8.1.5 is coming out.

I would put $$ on late March or early April.

5 Likes

“Customer disrespects Ashley” on youtube <3

1 Like

I think they bit off a little more than they could chew with 8 Allied Races. If they had kept it to 6, we’d be better off. The redesign of the entire Azerite Armor system slated for 8.2 will have also eaten into available time.

2 Likes

You don’t really have to look much farther than Ion. He doesn’t like flying in game and he’s the boss.

At this point the developers are just executing the game plan for this expansion, there’s no signs of soul searching going on at Blizzard HQ. Just following the plan, and that plan is no flying until they say so, whenever and however that will be.

This makes me very angry when I think about it. So I try not to.

46 Likes

Ya, I do not wish to download PTR and go through the hassle of all that. I was just hoping someone would know more than I do. Call me lazy but I am at the point of unsubscribing anyway. If I was more interested, as I was in earlier versions, I would be all for research, but I find its not worth it anymore.

3 Likes

All I see on the PTR is a paucity of Blue responses.

3 Likes

Actually you can download the ‘beta’ version of the PTR that utilizes the live game files, and the download is about 2.5gb.

1 Like

I am guessing March 26th. That is when the current round of “Artifact Knowledge” ends so they will need something to keep people interested. Hopefully sooner but that is my guess.

I will leave that to you guys that have the ambition to do these things. I just want to fly, to have my zandalari, to have my sandbox. If someone can explain it then good, if they can’t well its ok. I will just kick rox

3 Likes

But if the cutting off of AK is your benchmark, it would most likely be early April. They initially cut off AK a few weeks before 8.2 was released.

They’ve already announced that AK ends on March 26th.

Honestly I don’t see why we need a part 2 to begin with. Part 1 should be enough since you have to play the game to get it anyways.

41 Likes

Exactly my point. They cut off AK on 3/26… a few weeks later, 8.1.5 arrives to turn it back on. Early April :smiley:

Unless they’re not turning it back on until 8.2 … in which case, you could be right about late March.

2 Likes

Only if we get a new season with 8.1.5 and not with 8.2. We’ll see.

Because rather than listening to QA (who actually got a bit gutted in the recent lay-offs as well - food for thought) it the Beta and PTR testers, Blizzard went full steam ahead with poorly received systems (that were pointed out ahead of time to likely poorly received) that they’ve now had to double-triple their workload to fix while also making new content.

7 Likes

No flight in warmode. Simple.

15 Likes

Works for me.

2 Likes