Flight switching as it's implemented is ridiculous

I think the way to fix it is if they allowed you to set Skyriding to specific mounts from the collection window so you can put the ones you want Skyriding and normal riding on your action bars.

2 Likes

Will new characters not get SR as their first flight now since they’ll be leveling in Dragonflight come TWW launch?

Blizzard never said it was being kept on just for accessibility reasons. It was an also…and it as benefits accessibility.

And it is stupid that it is locked behind PF for TWW.

I don’t think anyone said to take that away. Skyriding could even be the default and people could designate some of their mounts to be Steady Flight. Either with a checkbox or the Mount Equipment feature that was introduced when they nerfed the Water Striders.

Because you are missing the point when you are talking about these things:

If that’s all folks were doing it wouldn’t be broken. But that’s not it. What people want to be able to do is to utilize the speed of Skyriding whilst being able to utilize the ability to afk in mid-air with TBC flying.

The long and short of it is that TBC flying warps how people play the game and how the world has to be designed to encompass that. Folks participate in fewer activities and engagements when you can afk safely around an activity as opposed to if you have to land to afk, because at that point you are in a semi-dangerous state and most folks resort to the mentality of “I may as well help out since I’m already here.”

There’s more to it, but it isn’t a case that I “think” it is broken. But rather that 15+ years of data in regards to how game design and world building works proves that flying is incredibly dangerous as a whole to introduce to a world. And unlimited flying is one of the greatest world building taboos that exist.
It just isn’t possible to create a world that players (or media consumers at all as this extends to books, movies, and more) find engaging when there’s nothing binding people to it. WoW handled this compromise, since players got irrationally mega upset about losing flying, by introducing a type of flying that requires you to always land.

That’s all there is to it. Being able to swap between these two with zero limitations would literally just make every single Skyriding mount into a TBC afk platform. Because one would be stupid to not do it, and hey if I just need the participation trigger for an event, world boss, or killing of a rare … why would I care about other players in the event?
TBC flying, and as a direct result this hybrid type, is broken because of human psychology. Ain’t anything more or less complicated than that.

All they had to do was copy MountsJournal. Thats it. Literally all they had to do was make it so we can set a mount to be Sky or Static. They refused, because that 5 seconds is an extra 5 seconds we spend in game.

ITS ALL ABOUT PLAYER RETENTION.

The hall monitors have received their new orders on how to do PR and it is very…lets say strange.

Truthfully the toggle switch is not going over well with the community because it was a non issue on live for many months.

It wasn’t a problem that needed to be solved.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

1 Like

dumbest take I have seen so far

Cool.

i’m convinced that they don’t play the game.

your “long and the short of it” is
low percentage based, at best…
in which case…you might consider
adjusting that phrase.

I really wanted to be able to use my favorite mounts, like my Ember Drake, and others, so it was very welcomed!
I also like using regular flight mode, especially when I need to hover, or I am doing something that I can’t run out of flight power.
Since it’s Dragonflight, I would have even been ok with just allowing our drakes, but they did even better.
Allowing our new DF flying, and regular flying everywhere is awesome.
But then, as usual, Blizzard had to really choke.
What happened? You almost had it perfect, why is it a channeled cast???
Even if it causes a dismount, it needs to be instant.
This doesn’t effect PVP, mobs, or anything with game mechanics, because mounting still is not instant.
Now we have a massive channeled delay, then still the regular mounting delay.
Why? How does this make any sense at all?
Blizzard, PLEASE fix it! What would INSTANT possibly hurt?

1 Like

It wouldn’t hurt anything.

Designers who don’t play the game want you to do things how they think it should work and if you have a reason to want something different you are wrong. Back on their early-Shadowlands BS mindset again.

2 Likes

most likely also he really needs to be removed from the company.

How are people not playing as intended? Do druids fall into this category also?

A higher up person who championed the idea would have to admit they were wrong. Good luck with that.

Not superior, just different. Think of it as a freeway vs residential streets.
I love going fast when I need to, but there are times you need to hover, or are looking for something, and it just doesn’t wok.
We definitely need both, but it needs to be an instant cast.
There’s still a cast time to mount.

1 Like

Correct let people choose. And stop gating TBC normal flying behind PF!

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

To do that they would have to have another variable for each mount increasing the size of saved data for each character.

Make it instant cast with no GCD when dismounted, otherwise retain the cast time. That’s all I ask.

1 Like