Flight change = issue in raid encounter

Welcome to Blizzard where they ignore broken things, and break things that worked.

8 Likes

Still on that boot, huh? You’re defending something that shouldn’t be defended.

5 Likes

Something you’ve never had to think about until this week could trip up anybody

4 Likes

In normal NO, you cannot fly.

Maybe mounts should be first in a default state, whatever you prefer, and you could place an exception flag on select mounts.

i think OP’s point is the fact its just badly designed, i can see the hate now when people are taking to long to do their flying thing in one of the new dungeons cos its on the slower setting and people either complain

1 Like

I’ve been trying to shout from the rooftops from the beginning that we need a glyph to provide that exception tag for certain mounts or for druid flight form. Apply the glyph to whatever mount/form you want to use, and it becomes steady flying only.

I am all for options.

This a a perfectly reasonable idea that solves the problem.
So it will never be implemented of course.

2 Likes

I’m gunna be real, this is a non-issue.

Just set up a weakaura that tells you “hey switch to dragonriding” when you’re in the two instances where it exists. There exists plenty of prep time for you to do so.

That looks like a big oversight of sorts

exactlyyyy

Agreed. Your feedback makes sense to me.

The old way of being able to switch between the two was way superior.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

I was in the same boat; in that I had slow flight enabled. Had taken my fast mount off my taskbar since you no longer need to have a fast and slow mount. When the encounter started, I didn’t see a warning, people never commented in chat that you might need it and when the transition happened, I couldn’t follow. I spent time casting to swap modes and it wouldn’t let me.

Luckly I am a DPS that could selfheal and I kept me and the few others alive until we got ported to the last platform and could participate with the rest of the raid. I personally would rather have 1 mount that is fast and slow on my taskbar then a dumb toggle with a 5 second cast time that doesn’t work in combat as I found out in that raid.

I don’t have Weak Auras on my system. If it wasn’t for the ugly UI that blizzard uses, I wouldn’t have three of the 6 addons I do have Bartender 4, ICE Hud and Spartan UI. The other three add-ons I use are DBM, Handy notes and Rare Scanner. I’m old school gamer from before add-ons and I learn to listen, read and watch for visual cues that game developers put into content then rely on a program to do it for me.

1 Like

Yeah the Tandrel fight I had dragon riding off and took a moment to realize and swapped
 I barely made it to the other platform, was sweating bullets! :dracthyr_sweat:

Bit of an oversight.

Yeah, this is annoying. In a similar boat, why can’t Dracthyr soar during this fight?

1 Like

Players are not allowed to have fun.

2 Likes

Oh the dawnbreaker in TWW is going to be such a fun instance for everyone.

Beta feedback is already on it and why it is a hot topic in beta!

Ahh so you are biased ,

the end