Flickering lighting

Since I started playing Shadowlands this week I’ve been seeing lighting/shadows flicker sometimes in certain areas, both while moving and standing still. Sometimes it’s mild like in the video attached, but sometimes it’s very bright and rapid, especially in areas with some kind of mist/fog effect, to where I think it could be a hazard for people with epilepsy. Haven’t had this issue before or in non-Shadowlands areas so far.
https://youtu.be/RnV_kSxVvBw
Here’s another example of weird shadows when moving. Certain very distinct shadows look like they’re from structures and characters behind or above me but clip in and out.
https://youtu.be/egPZ3pZsGHs

4 Likes

I’ve had something similar happen to me in arden and in spires of ascension.

same here, flickers here and there, also some times is just certain objects

I am actually seeing this a lot more often now. I was only seeing this in ardenweald. Now I’m seeing this in Maldraxxus as well. And its fast flickering, and honestly it annoying to look at.

I tried adjusting brightness controls and graphic setting, and i’m still seeing the flickering. Not sure what other troubleshooting I can do.

1 Like

I was having this issue also, changed from DX12 to DX11 and it seems to be gone…so far. Will update if the issue returns.

7 Likes

Having the same issue/similar. Turning the shadows from ultra high to low stops the issue but doesn’t fix it.

1 Like

i changed the refresh rate for lower rates and dont flicker as much.

It’s nVidia’s "Game Ready Driver"s released for Cyberpunk 2077. You will have to roll back the two most recent driver updates, if that’s possible. A temporary fix is to toggle MSAA on or off whenever you see the flickering. But the problem will come back.

5 Likes

Encountered this issue today after updating to the latest drivers. Just went into Geforce Experience and used the settings optimisation tool for WoW. Haven’t had a problem since. If you do though, best to probably just roll back to the previous driver version.

2 Likes

It seems like going to Advanced Settings and changing the GPU from Auto-Detect to your graphics card fixes the problem. It has worked thus far on my 2080.

EDIT: It only worked for a while. Getting ready to roll back drivers.

4 Likes

I’m having the same issue but it happens all the time. Very annoying

Go to nvidia . com and click DRIVERS>GEFORCE DRIVERS, then enter your GPU info under MANUAL DRIVER SEARCH, being sure to pick Game Ready Driver next to Download Type and click START SEARCH. Scroll to the third result, 457.51 released on December 2, 2020 and then click DOWNLOAD. Install the downloaded driver in the normal fashion; you can always roll back to the current, malfunctioning driver if you decide you’d rather play Cyberpunk 2077 than WoW.

4 Likes

I really hope Nvidia is aware of this issue. I can’t roll back my drivers because I also play other games that need the latest drivers.

Same issue. Did what you did and it fixed it. For now at least.

I just went into GeForce Experience and used to optimise tool for WoW. Fixed the issue.

2 Likes

For me, it was so faint and infrequent that I thought my eyes were playing tricks. Now I know it’s actually happening! I’ll try that GeForce Experience optimization for WoW that Tinydoodle mentioned.

I have been having this issue as well for a few weeks. Is there another fix out there?

This worked but is tanking my FPS in some areas

It may have turned your view distance and ground clutter settings higher. Try lowering them if they are.

Same issue, started today, rolling driver back…