Flask prices

Then neither is his.

It’s not inaccurate. You can watch the /who window showing results as they’re collected.

It’s not applicable to the current size of realms as realms are no longer multi layer.

As such it has no bearing on the current size of realms.

Then neither is yours.

Except what I posted specifically addresses realm size post layering removal :slight_smile:

This isn’t rocket science.

Nope. That interview took place before classic launched.

This isn’t rocket science. :slight_smile:

Apparently for you it is.

Try reading it again.

Newman: How big is a single layer? What’s the end target you’re shooting for, for each server?

Hazzikostas: Each layer is effectively going to be what a healthy server was at launch in 2004 in terms of the number of people it holds.

You will log in, in a layered world, and it’s going to be very, very crowded. People will fan out, and you will be teeming with players all over the place, and those who get a head start and make it into the Barrens or make it into Westfall initially will have a little bit of breathing room. But it’s going to feel very populous.

We’re looking to preserve the traditional experience. I think you can view it as effectively, just us running multiple classic launch servers, 2006-era, in parallel, with the intent of collapsing them down into a single one over the course of a few weeks.

I’m still waiting for you to provide any proof that the size of a layer is larger than the size of a vanilla realm.

It’s not rocket science for either of us.

You’re just stubborn and wrong. Don’t worry. Glinda can keep you company. :slight_smile:

I’m still waiting for you to provide any proof that the size of a classic server is the size of a vanilla realm.

Can you two lovers find a room? Also I know this is a Blizzard forum and the expectations for good discussion should not be high but that is one amusing burden of proof fallacy.

I find this hard to believe, but I do agree that the longer the expansion goes the pricier this stuff will get.

That doesn’t change the price of flasks. If anything, it increases the price.

People can scan the servers for themselves and see that the cap is WAY above vanilla levels. They’d just rather be wrong.

3 Likes

I’d rather you give an actual statement from blizzard showing that realm caps are higher.

But you can’t because there isn’t one because realm caps aren’t higher.

I’m still waiting for you to prove to me that they aren’t. Statements from Blizzard that predate the launch of Classic didn’t do it for you, and aren’t going to do it for me. Considering how many promises they’ve broken, statements from blizzard are probably not going to cut it.

Go ahead and scan a server with a queue. I triple dog dare you.

So the first major problem is they work by doing multiple /who commands, which means the count is inherently not accurrate as it doesn’t account for new people logging in. So while these addons might be nifty tools to get a list of players total over time they are not useful for getting snapshot of currently logged in players.

That’s balanced by people logging out.

Maybe maybe not.

True. There could be more people who got missed because they logged out.

Either way, that was never a major factor in disturbing the overall count… which is why we were able to pin down the previous server caps at 10k and 12.5k during peak layering. Hell, you could get that data with only one faction on Herod.

Sure when layering was enabled, which was 100% expected that there would be more people on.

The population cap was lowered in advance of layering being removed. The final population was 6k-8k shortly after layering was removed.

Demilicious suggests that it’s now 5k, which is quite possible. That’s still not at vanilla levels.

150, adorable…
lotuses are approaching 175 on my server.

Blizzard has a real issue with server population. Server pops are approaching 4x what max was in vanilla and the economy is screwed.