Flask prices

Blue posts.

You’ll have to look them up yourself. I’m busy social distancing.

I mean, fine. But here’s what the Blues have to say about it.

1 Like

They mentioned it in an interview somewhere that layers were tuned to be roughly the size of a vanilla realm.

Yes that was when they were using the retail metrics to determine what to show on the realm screen, while layering was on.

So yeah, no duh, a realm with multiple layers that are all the same size as a vanilla realm has more players than a vanilla did.

1 Like

Try harder.

Yeah, linking an obviously severely outdated statement is going to do wonders for any argument you make. Here’s what Bornakk said very shortly after that post you linked:

Do you believe this statement to still be true? Do you think Sul’thraze with its 50 item AH and 90 prime-time concurrent player count is equal to a Full Vanilla realm?

Things change, these statements are no longer valid.

If you want to talk about citations, you need to provide sources for your assertions.

I was on Herod when they removed layering, queue times didn’t suddenly double. Also, the visible population in org jumped by about 2×. There were so many people, my framerate started dropping. It feels like Northdale with 6k-8k players.

It certainly appears that they removed layering without cutting the population cap down to vanilla levels… and we know roughly what the population cap was because we were able to scan through players with the censusplusclassic addon.

Do you have some data to refute that?

EDIT: I also LOVE how people were asked to find blue posts… and when someone linked a blue post, it was immediately dismissed.

5 Likes

I know that everyone has this min-max mindset but… If you can’t afford them then you don’t need them. Simple as that.

Seriously.

1 Like

Because that blue post was explaining realm sizes with layering enabled. Which has little relevance now that layering has been removed.

It certainly has more relevance than your citations have had so far.

So when I scan 4k horde online during peak hours, I’m supposed to take your word for it that that’s just a figment of my imagination?

I’ll be honest with you, it’s probably going to take more than a blue post to convince me they haven’t jacked the population cap up WAY above vanilla levels.

Here’s Ion answering the question directly in an interview,

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hnewman/2019/08/26/warcraft-classic-layering-and-realm-queues-ion-hazzikostas-explains-why-youre-waiting-to-log-in/

Newman: How big is a single layer? What’s the end target you’re shooting for, for each server?

Hazzikostas: Each layer is effectively going to be what a healthy server was at launch in 2004 in terms of the number of people it holds.

You will log in, in a layered world, and it’s going to be very, very crowded. People will fan out, and you will be teeming with players all over the place, and those who get a head start and make it into the Barrens or make it into Westfall initially will have a little bit of breathing room. But it’s going to feel very populous.

We’re looking to preserve the traditional experience. I think you can view it as effectively, just us running multiple classic launch servers, 2006-era, in parallel, with the intent of collapsing them down into a single one over the course of a few weeks.

I don’t trust your third part scans. So please provide an actual blue post stating that post layering removal realm size is actually larger.

You don’t scan 4k Horde online on Herod at peak times because I did a scan a couple weeks ago at 7 P.M. on a Sunday and there were 2,300 Horde online.

people want cheap flasks because they want ez-mode

Make Black Lotus soulbound like in Nostalrius and give high level herbs a 2% chance to have one.

#yeschanges

1 Like

You dismissed Sephîroth’s citation for being outdated, but then provide a citation from around the same time.

Are you people actually serious or am I being trolled right now?

1 Like

So you don’t understand that his post is discussing the over all size of a realm with layering enabled? Vs the size of an individual layer, and hence the size of a realm after layering is removed?

The population cap after layering was removed wasn’t the same as the population of one layer.

1 Like

Okay please provide a quote to that effect.

I provided a quote that that is not the case and post layering removal realms are what they were in vanilla.

So to be clear, are you saying Sephîroth’s citation is valid or outdated?

Realms are currently capped around 5k concurrent characters online. You can log in to Incendius after waiting in queue and scan with the census addon on two accounts or get a friend to do one faction while you do the other.

The numbers will tally to 5k.