Flamelash was first server to die, Skeram is next

Honestly, if all PvP servers died, I’d be in no sympathy mode. Don’t go to Griefer’s Paradise if you don’t like griefing.

Oh like the toons you dont play arena on?

Huh?

:thinking:

I play Alliance on Skeram. I dream of having a 60/40 ratio that some people complain about. I believe the ratio is closer to 80/20 H/A or maybe even 85/15.

We have had 2 free server transfers, when the first one happened the ratio wasn’t that bad. It was probably close to 55/45 or something, but it was one of the more imbalanced servers based on the census addon that Blizzard eventually broke. Because the imbalance was known, and we were a high population server with a queue, a ton of alliance left the server as it was still pretty early on in the server lifespan.

This made the server imbalance much more noticeable and eventually there was a second server transfer allowed, but it was not faction restricted (yet). This was before phase 2 was released and this was basically the death blow to the server. Most of the remaining alliance abandoned ship and a day or two later the faction transfer restrictions were placed on multiple servers but it was too late.

The crazy part is we are still a high population server but if you look around the cities it’s a ghost town everywhere. If you go to any neutral town like Gadgetzan you will see at least a 10/1 ratio of horde to alliance. There are a few hardcore guild still around that log in for raids but that’s it.

I’m stuck on this server and I’m in my 50’s. I can’t quest but I have been able to level by soloing the trash packs at the beginning of BRD. With rest xp, I can get about 1,600 xp for killing anvilrage wardens and overseer’s, 500xp for each demon dog, and about 1,800 xp for each fire elemental.

When i need to zone out to reset the instance, I can typically zone out and there are about 10-15 horde camping the instance entrance. I can typically iceblock fast enough before i get insta killed, reset the instance while I’m in an iceblock, cancel my iceblock a few seconds early to throw off horde who are timing their damage for when my iceblock breaks and blink back into the instance.

16 Likes

You dont want to get snippy with me. You’ve literally posted nonsense on the arena forums for years despite no discernible exp to be found.

:man_shrugging:

nah im sure blizz will make it so horde can do it without ally help, can’t inconvenience the easy mode faction after all

4 Likes

Your sad attempt to boost your own ego with an overused pithy reply only results in making you look foolish.
How about contributing something that actually requires thought?

1 Like

The alliance have caused these problem to themselves by jumping ship. Back in the Vanilla days the alliance always had the bigger populations on servers. No one cried back then if the populations were a 60/40 split.

I think a lot of people rolled on PvP servers when they clearly should have gone the PvE route.

1 Like

I did not choose horde nor did I choose to play on a pvp server. I chose to follow friends because that’s what this game is about: community.

I also have toons across various level ranges and zones. They are also questing in zones that are hot beds for wpvp. Am I horde? Yes. Are there more horde than alliance? Yes. Does that affect getting ganked or camped for hours? No not at all. Your argument that I am horde is flawed and lacking. There are more than just alliance complaining about this.

1 Like

Literally every pvp server except HS is Horde dominated because Horde can’t handle pvp if they don’t at least have a 2v1 advantage.

I get that to Horde, who can level from 1-45 without ever flagging, and can switch continents without flagging- it might have seemed in the first few weeks when they were below level 45 that there wasn’t pvp. What a shock- no pvp when you don’t have to be flagged.

For Alliance though- we start flagging in Redridge, Duskwood, Ashenvale- level 20. While it takes about 4-6 days /played for Horde before they must flag, it takes half a day for Alliance.

So perhaps you didn’t see pvp- but Alliance sure did. Largely in Scarlet Monastery- the best way to level from 30-45, and a place where Horde don’t have to flag. You spend a week or two there- and every single time you zone to reset you get jumped by a raid of Horde.

So maybe you didn’t see much pvp, but by the time Alliance had gotten through the 30-45 grind, they’d been flagjumped while zoning hundreds of times.

Horde can only pvp when they have greater numbers, and when they’re at a big advantage such as camping a FP, portal or using flagjumping. Blizz has ensured you can play for days longer, almost the entire trip to max level, without flagging if you go Horde.

6 Likes

The players that are facing the problem of being underpopulated aren’t those that jumped ship- and Horde made these problems by stacking servers so you didn’t have to fear being ganked and could easily control resources through numbers alone.

I suppose the irony is- you literally become a nameless horde where skill doesn’t matter.

4 Likes

On a pve server yeah. It’s obvious you’ve never leveled a Horde character though.

1 Like

RIP classic! Was fun while it lasted.

PvP server guide for Horde- how to level to 45 without flagging.
1-10- Durotar/Tirisfal/Mulgore- RFC
10-20- Silverpine- WC, SFK
20-30- Barrens- SFK at the start, RFK at the end
30-45- SM/RFD

And that’s with ease- you can actually make it a few levels more in SM/RFD but it does become inefficient at that point.

Never have to flag, 1-45- easy, fast.

Have you ever leveled a Horde character? Or was it so easy to do so you never even bothered to stop and think about why it felt so easy?

15 Likes

You have just proven that you have never leveled a Horde character.

Enlighten me- at which point in what I listed do you have to flag?

Skeram not gonna die.

The ally that stayed here are tough.

3 Likes

agreed you can tell all these but hurt horde want to think there super eli3te pvping in 70-80pc horde dom servers. we just tried to fight for world boss 30 alliance vrs almost 400 horde. good balance blizzard. fun time being out numbered almost 10 to 1.

1 Like

Where do Alliance have to run through contested zones to get to Stockades, Deadmines and Gnomeregan? You can also get to Uldaman by running 10 seconds through Blasted Lands, same thing for Blackfathom Deeps a 10 second run from Darkshore. You also have a free pass to Searing Gorge. Horde have to run through Alliance zones just to get the flightpaths for Blasted Lands, Searing Gorge and Burning Steppes so we can hit BRD. Why aren’t you blocking Horde in Redridge and Loch Modan? Alliance are higher level in Hillsbrad than Horde too, how about that?
What’s next, do you need me to play your character for you?