Flame Leviathan Vehicle Bugs

Bug: During Flame Leviathan hardmode 10m (not tested in 25m) we saw a lot of issues with vehicles behaving erratically. Examples of strange behavious:

-Vehicles were rotating without stopping from the perspective of the passengers while the drivers were not doing anything.
-Vehicles would boost in random directions occasionally instead of the direction the front was pointed in.
-Vehicle operators would suddenly lose the ability to use vehicle spells randomly, relogging seemed to fix this.
-Occasionally people would DC while piloting a vehicle upon engaging the boss.

I am not sure how to recreate this bug but there are others reporting similar issues on reddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/comments/10h56j4/flame_leviathan_vehicles_spinning_when_stationary/

This was on Arugal while playing my character Lotis.

8 Likes

Had similar issues in both 25 Man Ulduar and 10 Man. I cleared all trash using all abilities on my Salvaged Siege Demolisher. Boss fight starts and couldn’t use #1 Flame Attack or #2 Pyrite Attack. I could however use #3 Ram and launch my passenger when they did get loaded.

I tried the following to fix without any results.

• Exiting and re-entering vehicle
  • Disabling ALL addons mid fight
  • Going into fight with no addons
  • Crying loudly in both 25/10 man while attempting to raid lead.

Please help.

2 Likes

bump this continues to be an issue, our raid had issue tonight similar to those listed. Vehicle rotating without stopping. Boosting the wrong direction. Had people have to log out and back in because couldnt cast vehicle spells. The dc didnt happen to us the others did.

This was reported on the PTR alot but still no change,

This is still a problem.

Had lots of issues tonight doing hm flame leviathan 10m:
Rider
-demo target system would stay stuck on arched boulder toss and not switch to straight line target when shooting pyrite with rockets
-all vehicles would spin around constantly while moving
Driver
-launch pyrite would not work if you didn’t test it before the boss pulled

I constantly disconnect, doesnt matter what I do :frowning:

3 Likes

i am having the same issue, i am dcing in all of the vehicles

1 Like

Yep, for whatever reason I cannot do Flame Leviathon, I constantly disconnect. And in some cases I can’t even properly reconnect.

If I log back in to the game I will be at the expedition base camp and If I run back no one can see me run. They see me standing where I logged in. My pet won’t follow me either because my pet things I’m standing still.

However I can see myself moving around and see everyone where I’m running too but I cannot interact with anything or click on anything and if I try to attack something right in front of me it will say I’m out of range because it thinks I’m at the start of the raid.

I can relog as many times as I want, it won’t fix it. I have to completely close the game and the battle.net client to be able to reconnect.

It’s like I am being disconnected from the account server or something and I can’t fix it by just logging back into the game, I have to close both.

Upon doing so if I try to hop in a vehicle and start attacking something it will almost immediately disconnect me and I have to do that whole song and dance again.

It’s not possible for me to do flame leviathon.

And my computer is a monster,

CPU: Ryzen 9 5950X
GPU: Raedon 6950XT
RAM: 64 GM
SSD: samsung evo m.2. drives and another that’s an inland premium, game is installed on Samsung Evo
Monitor: 5120X1440 120hz (samsung crg9)
Keyboard: Logitech G815
Mouse: G502 Hero

And worth noting I have 2 more 24" 2560X1440 monitors on this computer on the same graphics card as my main monitor above. So 3 screens total on 1 gpu.

I am not getting any errors in the error logs when I DC, it just drops me out of no where. I am not getting any addon errors. It still happens if I disable 100% of my addons and reboot after having done so and play the game with no addons.

I have even deleted all my cache/wtf folders and started with a clean/fresh install, it still drops me on Flame Leviathon.

This feels like some kind of account isssue.

The only thing I changed is I turned on the authenticator and the text message security stuff so I could leave notes in the LFG tool, I started having problems as soon as I did that.

I’m also out of sync when I first log back in, but if i manually log out/in its fine, but I am usually dead anyway cause it drops you out of your vehicle…

I have tried a bunch of stuff, disabling all addons, minimum graphic settings etc and I turned off the “optimize network for speed” option in network settings, that managed to get me through my last kill with no D/C. Not sure if it actually made a difference or if it was a fluke, doing 10 man on sunday so will see…

Edit: managed to do 10 man fine with no disconnect, so now I am not sure if that solved my problem or whatever was happening has just stopped

had the same exact problem, when I enter any vehicle I can sometimes dc and it has made me lose out on chances of some HM flame leviathan runs.

Same exact thing happened to me tonight, super annoying :angry:

Is this ever going to be fixed? People have been complaining about vehicle bugs since the PTR. We wasted an hour of our raid night on Tuesday trying to do hardmode with at least one demo driver unable to use their abilities on like 3/4 pulls before giving up due to bugs and doing 2 towers. The spinning is annoying but not being able to use the damage abilities of the encounter’s primary damage vehicles is game breaking. It’s killing our progression on this boss and completely unacceptable.

I’m consistently disconnecting as a passenger in the Salvaged Seige Turret in 10-Man Hard Mode. Even after disabling all addons, it is still happening.

There was another post on this top that suggested limiting your fps to fix it. I was having the same issue and I capped my FPS at 100 System > Advanced > max Foreground FPS and had my first non-disconnect Flame Leviathan as a passenger.

Siege engines still sprint the wrong direction on occasion, no matter if you use a mouse or the keyboard to turn / move.

I will post on this thread every single day until this is fixed.

2 Likes

Siege engines still sprint the wrong direction on occasion. no matter if you use a mouse or the keyboard to turn / move.

Codebase is hard bro.

1 Like

Siege engines still sprint the wrong direction on occasion, no matter if you use a mouse or the keyboard to turn/move.

Tested Tuesday, 2/8/2023.

2 Likes

Yeah not fun when your siege engine turns and sprints straight at the boss. WTB fix.

1 Like

We had this issue in our 10-man last week, we were able to fix the problem by everyone exiting the vehicle. We put a new person in and loaded them into the catapult and had a new driver launch them out. The vehicle was then functional for the original team assigned.