Flagging Threads: Is anything being done?

Animal House. He does a great opening for the roast, see below:

Read what I quoted from the same exact post. You didn’t read through to the end.

“May” is used to make sure people understand it’s a case by case basis. They’ll go off of history, warnings, etc.

1 Like

That is my main issue with the whole flagging thing. Its not evenly applied. Some people can call you any name in the book and never get a ban (because they post every day) and others will get a ban for saying “why is this thread allowed to continue. Its breaking the ToS”.

Add in a single ban blocks level 3 trust, once banned there is no reason to ever try to follow the rules again.

2 Likes

I did read the entire thing. I don’t think you can flat out say they ban someones account for this.

Yeah, “may” is the keyword. It’s lip service at most.

1 Like

That says otherwise. And they will if a pattern evolves. Just like they will for anything else you keep doing wrong.

This isn’t rocket science. It’s moderation 101.

1 Like

Sorry I still see your statement

as being incorrect, but guess we shall have to agree to disagree .

Except it’s not.

account will be suspended temporarily or possibly permanently

If your account is suspended permanently… that’s called a ban.

And if they’re permanently suspending someone for “focusing on disrupting” people’s threads and posts on the forums, that includes purposely flagging stuff to get it locked. Thus… they can get banned.

2 Likes

What if the person who is flagging and reporting have to have their name public. The right of the accuser. I bet that would severely decrease the abuse.

1 Like

If they insist on keeping this flagging system as it is, I hope they implement that. No more anonymity for flagging a post or topic.

2 Likes

Can you not see the difference between that and this.

If everyone was getting banned for that since the blue post then that means the system is not working as it is because people are still complaining about this.

I don’t believe the system should be such that under normal circumstances any one person is capable of doing this.

And it wouldn’t help with the current system if you did make their character name public because we run into the same problem as what is causing this. People can freely just switch posting characters.

2 Likes

Well it definitely would leave a paper trail to follow for abuse. I do agree the multi char logging is a prob and should not really be allowed because of abuse.

1 Like

Someone was caught liking their own posts early on in this, they also managed to bury posts and lock down threads. They posted for weeks after that - that is why I don’t think people are getting banned for this and this person actually still posted on the character they got caught on, so I don’t think that did much to deter them.

I actually think make a person’s name public would just create more conflict on this forum. I don’t remember a single post that I flagged that it would bother me for someone to know I flagged them. However, I have been told I have ‘no sense of humor’ because on occasion I have told people what I have reported. In fact, someone told me if a post is ‘well received’, then it is okay for it to break the rules.

1 Like

Was a bad decision by Blizzard to allow a predominantly immature player base. The ability to police itself. Just so they can fire a bunch of workers from their business, to cut their costs for Actiblizz. Watch me get flagged by the immature, and end up not being able to post for a couple days. Just for telling the truth about how bad Blizzard has become. Which always seems to happen to me!

2 Likes

… you seriously need a better hobby than harping on semantics. :roll_eyes:

This is why I try not to respond to you most of the time. All you ever want to do is create arguments for the sake of arguing over nitpicky little things.

And, of course, it couldn’t be any other reason than “people with multiple alts” that gets threads flagged and locked, hmm? Absolutely no other way. Nope. Clearly not.

I mean, why would a bunch of different people reading through threads not flag inappropriate stuff or why wouldn’t a bunch of different people flag for trolling, right? Yeah, that’s never happen. It’s only people that flag on multiple characters. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

I would be quit happy for you never to respond to me but since you tried to dismiss in effect what i was saying with false information I thought it should be pointed out.

For a ‘writer’, I am surprised you aren’t more precise in your word usage.

As for individuals misusing flagging that is a different issue and while it is entirely possible in the example given in this thread, in fact very likely since you have two threads with opposing viewpoints being presented and both sides who have vested interests in shutting down the others thread. That generally isn’t a problem because normally both sides are presented in one thread and both sides have more of a desire to keep a thread going.

1 Like

As someone who has met the cap for flagging twice since the new forums rolled out, you need to understand something.

Spamming and trolling are against the ToC. Appropriately flagging them as such will never be met with punishment.

3 Likes

Not false information. Everyone else got the point except you. Meaning it’s a you problem.

Nice use of quotations in an effort to insult me. I’m a writer, not a lawyer. My post was followed up with a quote to supplement it. You’re the one who chose to keep harping on something that was clarified, simply to try to prove you’re better than others.

Shall I point out where you were wrong about the term banned?

No, it’s the same outcome when threads get locked, therefor part of the same issue that you’ll simply dismiss because it was pointed out that you didn’t even manage to take that part of it into account.

How do you know it’s not an issue of multiple people flagging it? Are you a moderator? No? Then you don’t know this as fact. It doesn’t matter who posts what opinions, there are still a lot of others who will use the flag as a dislike and move on.

I’m not sure who piddles in your Cheerios every day, but you might want to ask them to stop. Or piddle in their cornflakes. You’ll have more fun if that bad part of your morning is gone. As will others.

I’m out. I’ve said my part and I don’t want to derail the thread any longer. Enjoy your day.

Nyshant: "I’m pretty sure the high elf group gets extra heat from toxic masculinity.
Wow forums Incels: what are you some kind of wuss? Need a safe space?

:rofl: have fun with your female avatars nice guys.

I’ve mentioned how not all reports/flags are treated the same way or consistently. Not long ago, someone insulted me, switched alts and quoted himself and tried to reinforce the insult. The posts contained absolutely nothing else but pure insult. Both were reported and the posts remain to this day and they still post.

4 Likes