Flagging Threads: Is anything being done?

Even my thread requesting black hair for Void Elves was locked. That’s about as benign of a request as you can get. :roll_eyes:

Nyshant, this belief you state here about toxic masculinity isn’t going to ingratiate you to many of the members of the helfer group. I think you might be hitting too close to home. :scream_cat::clinking_glasses:

1 Like

They get banned for that.

A lot of the options need to changed. Flagging needs reworded to “report,” too. And the warning of reporting for false reasons gets you banned needs put underneath the options.

I hardly ever read the forums anymore much less post. Anything controversial or unliked just gets locked or gets you a temp suspension. I called a thread spam two weeks ago and got a one day ban for trolling.

1 Like

Do you have a source for that ‘they get banned for that’ ? Last blue post on the subject I have seen says they may start ‘suspending’ people for flagging abuse.

There wasn’t a “may start” in there. They do. And I don’t have time to go back through threads and figure out where it was.

Edit:

Remembered that someone posted it in my thread:

They should just remove likes and flags and put back the simple report system. Seeing posts of someone insulting someone else and it having several likes really makes me question the maturity and demeanor of people.

The forums back when there were no likes or dislikes were far better.

5 Likes

Suspension and not ban - may and not do.

Animal House. He does a great opening for the roast, see below:

Read what I quoted from the same exact post. You didn’t read through to the end.

“May” is used to make sure people understand it’s a case by case basis. They’ll go off of history, warnings, etc.

1 Like

That is my main issue with the whole flagging thing. Its not evenly applied. Some people can call you any name in the book and never get a ban (because they post every day) and others will get a ban for saying “why is this thread allowed to continue. Its breaking the ToS”.

Add in a single ban blocks level 3 trust, once banned there is no reason to ever try to follow the rules again.

2 Likes

I did read the entire thing. I don’t think you can flat out say they ban someones account for this.

Yeah, “may” is the keyword. It’s lip service at most.

1 Like

That says otherwise. And they will if a pattern evolves. Just like they will for anything else you keep doing wrong.

This isn’t rocket science. It’s moderation 101.

1 Like

Sorry I still see your statement

as being incorrect, but guess we shall have to agree to disagree .

Except it’s not.

account will be suspended temporarily or possibly permanently

If your account is suspended permanently… that’s called a ban.

And if they’re permanently suspending someone for “focusing on disrupting” people’s threads and posts on the forums, that includes purposely flagging stuff to get it locked. Thus… they can get banned.

2 Likes

What if the person who is flagging and reporting have to have their name public. The right of the accuser. I bet that would severely decrease the abuse.

1 Like

If they insist on keeping this flagging system as it is, I hope they implement that. No more anonymity for flagging a post or topic.

2 Likes

Can you not see the difference between that and this.

If everyone was getting banned for that since the blue post then that means the system is not working as it is because people are still complaining about this.

I don’t believe the system should be such that under normal circumstances any one person is capable of doing this.

And it wouldn’t help with the current system if you did make their character name public because we run into the same problem as what is causing this. People can freely just switch posting characters.

2 Likes

Well it definitely would leave a paper trail to follow for abuse. I do agree the multi char logging is a prob and should not really be allowed because of abuse.

1 Like